Author Topic: doesnt ice cube say "Fuck a ghostwriter" in his songs....  (Read 1079 times)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
doesnt ice cube say "Fuck a ghostwriter" in his songs....
« on: July 09, 2006, 09:52:59 AM »
in hitman interview

Dubcnn: I think Ben Baller said you would write for Ice Cube?

Hittman: That was something that I was considering at that time, but he already had his writer and he was cool with that. So that was something I ended up passing on.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: doesnt ice cube say "Fuck a ghostwriter" in his songs....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 10:39:49 AM »
YA he does say that on his new record. I always thought Ice cube wroe his own rhymes but then again to create a hit recor takes more then one rapper, producer, engineer. YOu think Dave Chapelle wrote all those skits? na he dint. Making an albu , a movie, a tv show takes a whole team.

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 10:58:32 AM »
YA he does say that on his new record. I always thought Ice cube wroe his own rhymes but then again to create a hit recor takes more then one rapper, producer, engineer. YOu think Dave Chapelle wrote all those skits? na he dint. Making an albu , a movie, a tv show takes a whole team.

i thought he wrote all his own shit too...
yeah i guess u have a point... u could probably do it alone, just takes a lot longer

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 11:32:03 AM »
I'll take what hitt says with a grain of salt.  IF Ice Cube has ghostwriters, that's pretty wack cuz cube has always been known as a dope MC.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »
Any rapper that uses ghostwriters is WACK AS FUCK, thats not hip hop rapping words you didnt write, very embarassing.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 12:11:17 PM »
Any rapper that uses ghostwriters is WACK AS FUCK, thats not hip hop rapping words you didnt write, very embarassing.

See we agreed on the ball game but i gotta call you out on this one. If Cube dosent write anything on the hole album now thats wack as fuck i agree , but if he rhymes a song that someone wrote for him there nothignwack about that. Making music is like any tv show like i said above . Chapelle, Rock , Conan o Brian they all have writters. Its the same for music. Dre dre never wrote anything and dosent come up with all the beats cuz he is not stupid he knows he needs hel same for eazy he dint write everything and hell he dint even make beats.

With taht said im sure most rappers write 75 percent of there shit.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 12:28:02 PM »

See we agreed on the ball game but i gotta call you out on this one. If Cube dosent write anything on the hole album now thats wack as fuck i agree , but if he rhymes a song that someone wrote for him there nothignwack about that. Making music is like any tv show like i said above . Chapelle, Rock , Conan o Brian they all have writters. Its the same for music. Dre dre never wrote anything and dosent come up with all the beats cuz he is not stupid he knows he needs hel same for eazy he dint write everything and hell he dint even make beats.

There are alot of rappers that are completely opposed to using ghostwriters, like I know Yukmouth said himself and the whole regime write all of heir own shit.  And I understand Dre and Eazy used ghostwriters and I also think both of those guys are mediocre rappers.  I dont know imo you cant be a ill mc unless you write all of your own shit, thats how I feel.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 12:43:54 PM »

It's all good to be assisted or take suggestions from others when it comes to writing rhymes.  But a true MC wouldn't defer to some ghostwriters to write entire songs for them.  Many RAPPERS use ghostwriters, and that is nothing new.  Many producers that also rap use ghostwriters - which is acceptable to me. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 01:50:38 PM »

I agree, somethin about it is really gay... might make good music, but it makes you respect the artist a lot less

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 02:18:22 PM »
Making music is like any tv show like i said above . Chapelle, Rock , Conan o Brian they all have writters.

Yeah, but their writers get the credit. They're not ghostwriters.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 02:24:59 PM »
"Write everything i say, even back in the day." Ice Cube - LNCL

The Predator

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 03:04:05 PM »
'Day-Day' = Ice cube ghost writer?

Like i said in the other post some one needs to holler this question at Cube.

We know Straight Outta compton, Eazy Duz It, AMW, DC...he wrote that shit.

I mean Shorty from Da Lench Mob said Cube would take ideas like when on tour and write down a song like 'summer vacation' his talent was just breath taking.
Other rappers have said Cube wrote most of the verses, titles, hooks for the Lench Mob albums and Westside Connection lp's.

As for the current record he needs to be asked.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 03:10:17 PM »
yea i think cube writes his own stuff too
otherwise he wouldnt mention that having ghostwriter is wack in a lot of his songs

but whats up with hitman then? is he just hating?

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 03:11:20 PM »

i thought it was a lot higher than that :-\ i figured rappers wrote like 90% of their own stuff.... it just doesnt seem that hard to me, lol 8)

youngmessnucca

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2006, 03:22:55 PM »
So um, while we are on the topic, who else do you think has ghostwriters? I would say Wayne, I like his music a lot, but he got really good, I mean really good since The Carter.