Author Topic: Juergen Klinsmann quits as coach of Germany's soccer team.  (Read 181 times)

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Klinsmann stepping down as Germany's coachAssociated Press

FRANKFURT, Germany -- Juergen Klinsmann, who coached Germany to a third-place finish at the World Cup last week, is stepping down, the co-president of the German soccer federation said early Wednesday.

"I regret his decision, but we have to accept it," Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder said.

The mass-circulation Bild newspaper and the Sueddeutsche Zeitung first reported in their Wednesday editions that Klinsmann wouldn't extend his contract that ended with the World Cup.

Klinsmann called German soccer federation (DFB) co-president Theo Zwanziger and national team manager Oliver Bierhoff to tell them that he would not be staying in the job, the papers reported.

DFB spokesman Harald Stenger confirmed that Klinsmann had called Zwanziger and Bierhoff but would not disclose the details of the conversation.

The newspapers said Klinsmann's assistant Joachim Loew was the likely successor.

Klinsmann's rejuvenated team went beyond expectations by finishing third, after losing to eventual champion Italy 2-0 in the semifinals.

Klinsmann, 41, had no previous coaching experience when he took over an ailing German squad two years ago.

After Germany beat Portugal 3-1 to take third place, Klinsmann said he would think about his future over the next few days and consult with his California-based family.

chances that he'll coach the US team r def. increasing and looking  more like a possibiltiy.

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Juergen Klinsmann quits as coach of Germany's soccer team.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 11:58:37 PM »
USA is stupid if they fire there coach, its not even like anyone expected them to advance past groups, regardless of there ranking because the system is flawed

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 12:06:01 AM »
Yea he has an American family and lives in California, he'll definitely like to coach them US boys
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 12:07:10 AM »
they would be smart to if klinsmann accepts their offer which looks more likely every day.
and bruce arena hasnt really done shit on the world stage.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 02:50:36 AM »
Lippi also did the same.