Author Topic: M.O.P-Ghetto_Warfare-2006-C4  (Read 730 times)

Leggy Hendrix

Re: M.O.P.'s "Ghetto Warfare" FINALLY coming... in 14 days!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 05:20:03 AM »
it looks to me like most of these tracks have already featured on albums recently...and yes, they are on G-Unit now, but obviously they've shopped around to find a label that will release the album they were supposed to drop on the Roc...i'll probably still cop anyway lol...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006, 12:10:05 PM »
I'm kinda dissapointed cause I've heard like 90% of the tracks on there :P

Eihtball

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 12:31:41 PM »
Ditto what everybody else has said.  I'd be looking forward to this if it wasn't for the fact that I've heard all but a few of the tracks here on mixtapes, and the rest are probably available elsewhere.

I still sympathize with M.O.P. cause Dame gave them such a shitty deal on the Roc, but honestly, if this is what they were planning to release as the final album, it's kinda obvious why Dame didn't have much faith in them: This album doesn't seem to have much commercial potential.  I remember when I heard "Fire" for the first time (over 2 years ago now) and that was announced as the lead single, and I could only think, "Damn, THIS is their idea of a song intended to sell the album?"  Most of the other tracks I heard didn't impress me any more.

And now M.O.P. actually think there's a chance they might release an album on G-Unit.  50 is most definitely NOT putting out their shit, either.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 12:34:45 PM »

Yeah but its nice to have them all together in CDQ...

Eihtball

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 12:52:43 PM »

I guess I would find that a legitimate reason to be excited about this release if it wasn't for the fact that almost none of these songs are really worth hearing.

Pretty much all of the best stuff from "Ghetto Warfare" was already on the "St. Marxmen" compilation, so if you want it in CDQ, just grab that now and pass on this album.  And then put in "To The Death" and remind yourself how ill M.O.P. used to be back when their style was actually fresh.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 01:23:36 PM »

True, I'm getting myself a copy of this.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 04:28:49 AM »
If this is really the Roc-A-Fella album how can another label put this out, is this even an authorized album?

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Eihtball

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 08:20:24 AM »
If this is really the Roc-A-Fella album how can another label put this out, is this even an authorized album?

If Dame let M.O.P. take their masters with them when they left the Roc, then yes it is legal.  But you could still be right.  Still, even if this album isn't authorized, I doubt Dame would care enough to fight it, since it's not like he planned to make money off it himself.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 08:52:39 AM »

If Dame let M.O.P. take their masters with them when they left the Roc, then yes it is legal.  But you could still be right.  Still, even if this album isn't authorized, I doubt Dame would care enough to fight it, since it's not like he planned to make money off it himself.

Doesn't Jay hold the rights to that record? But I guess it's good news for the M.O.P. fans anyway...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Eihtball

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2006, 09:18:06 AM »
Doesn't Jay hold the rights to that record? But I guess it's good news for the M.O.P. fans anyway...

Possibly, it depends...what were the terms of Jay's severence?  I'm sure he got the rights to some of the masters of artists' albums (including his own), but I doubt he got it all.

And like I said, I don't see why anyone would bother suing M.O.P. for putting out this album.  It's been finished for over 3 years now and it never got released, so it's obvious that the Roc wouldn't be losing any money from it being leaked and/or put out independently.  It's kinda like when Jayo Felony put out "Crip Hop"...most of the songs on that album were from his unreleased "Hotta Than Fish Grease" that he recorded for Def Jam, but he just stole the masters and put them out himself, and nobody ever said shit about that.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2006, 10:29:47 AM »
Just noticed that Fame looks like a retard on the cover.

WestCoasta

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 01:50:34 PM »
FFFF...FFFFF.......FFFFFFFFFFFF......FLOP

WestCoasta

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 01:53:03 PM »
if this isn't an official album then they're setting themselves up for a flop on G-Unit

Jome

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 02:04:13 PM »
^^ LOL @ this cat dissing M.O.P. & Mobb Deep in every thread after they signed with G-Unit..
You never had an opinion on Mobb Deep or M.O.P. before, but now that they signed with G-Unit, you reply in all their threads ??
The album comes out on a independent, you think they're expecting platinum ?
Stick to what you know, man.

WestCoasta

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 03:27:14 PM »
what?

ya, I'm the one who posts about G-Unit, not you