Author Topic: I'm about to get it started! Post your top 10 favorite producers of all time!  (Read 330 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Dr. Dre - no need to say anything, the GOAT of production
DJ Premier - the best pure Hip-Hop producer of all time, without question a legend
Kanye West - the future of Hip-Hop, his music is classic, and his drive is unquestionable
DJ Quik - need i say more, Snoop shoulda had him more on his post Death Row albums
Pete Rock - my favorite eastcoast tracks are produced by my man
RZA - Wu Tangs great producer puts out great Hip-Hop, and his willing to change it up and put out great music
DJ Muggs - a super producer in the early 90's, he had such crazy and experimental beats, his creativity is off the wall
Warren G. - g-funks best producer, produced classic tracks, and was so smooth
9th Wonder - like K.West, this kid is the future, and there's no denying he'll make classic tracks
The Bomb Squad - the secret behind Public Enemy, they created noice into music.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Dr. Dre - at the number one spot for so many reasons
(other producers are in no order)

Ant Banks - I just don't know why didn't anybody mention him here.I love 95 % of his beats and he has always been consistent.Too bad he doesn't produce anymore

Timbaland - just read Don Jacob's post about him.Extremely tallented

DJ Quik - well, he's just amazing, fantastic...

Cold 187um - of probably my favourite westcoast rap group Above The Law, often overlooked.(Probably) the creator of G-Funk, amazing and so hard sound.I like almost every one of his productions during the period 1989-1996.In 1998 he had some good productions too,but after that he fell off hard

E-A-Ski - well, I just enjoy his music and could listen to it always.Ofcourse,I'm talking about the period before he became a Lil' Jon clone

Sam Sneed - while he was on Death Row, he was as good as Dre.Same thing goes for Daz

DJ Pooh - he has produced numerous classics and I love his style

I still have a lot of Hip-Hop to listen to, but these choices will always be among the tops for me.I'm sure I'm gonna add more tho
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
First is Dre

then in no order

Timbaland
Kanye West
Dj Premier
RZA
Scott Storch
Eric Sermon
Hi Tek
Havoc
Neptunes
JD
Just Blaze

New producers that are dope: J.R., Sha Money XL, Dj Khalil, J. Wells
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:37:40 AM by Detox is not not coming... »

mauzip

Not to knock any of ya'll, but how can anyone put Scott Storch in his top 10 favorite producers? I agree the man has talent and he knows what he does, but he hasn't released anything classic and he's not exactly consistant either. Putting Scott Storch in your list is like putting Cool & Dre in your list.

...Just a thought...

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Not to knock any of ya'll, but how can anyone put Scott Storch in his top 10 favorite producers? I agree the man has talent and he knows what he does, but he hasn't released anything classic and he's not exactly consistant either. Putting Scott Storch in your list is like putting Cool & Dre in your list.

...Just a thought...

that doesn't mean that it cant be someone's "Favorite" classic or not.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DJ Quik
Battlecat
Fredwreck
Dr.Dre
Rick Rock
Havoc
Eminem (hes got some good ones)
Timbaland
Premier
J-Steez

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Erick Sermon -> I agree with Minkaveli there... not many people know Dr. Dre jacked the idea to use that sample in California Love from Erick Sermon, lol

I've always wondered who sampled it first, EPMD (Knick Knack Patty Wack) or Ultra Magnetic MCs (Funky, the OG version NOT the one on Critical Beatdown)? I heard the original song where the sample comes from once (sometime in '87 I heard Ultra's Funky being played on the radio and after that they played the original song) and if I remember correctly the paino riff has been cut and put back together to make it flow faster, so Erick, Dre and Ced Gee even sampled it the same way...

But here's my list (in no order):

-Dre
-Quik
-Daz
-Timbo
-Just Blaze
-Swizz
-Neptunes
-JD
-R. Kelly
-Rodney Jerkins

~Loyalty Is Everything~

westkoastanostra

dr. dre
dj quik
rick rock
fred wreck
battlecat - old school battlecat was unfuckwidable! (92-00)
ant banks
havoc
dj muggs
ea ski - (92-04) - hate his new lil jon bullshit
cold 18um aka big hutch - (90-98) - dude fell off after 98

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
i agree with cat who said, how can a guy like scott storch and( eminem??lol)make the best 10 producers of all time..........but i guess its your personal favourite, and some of y'all aint heard as much hiphop and from the ones y'all heard you like his shit, i aint trippin, just kinda suprised he made this sht

my list

1- dre.........i never thought id say this but recently i believe his shit is falling off...but he still goat.....aint nobody holding his cv

2- neptunes....i unno mang, they produced some of the sickest new school shit going in recent years......they dont copy nobodies style, the bang whether its hiphop, rnb, pop, whatever u wanna call it man, these niggas ar versatiles and consistant......there shit is new.........

3 - rza..........as far as im concerned this cat is unlimited in what he wants to do

4- timbaland.......i feel he copies alot of indian shit or is influecned by it but to me he has produced some of the best rnb shit in a long ass time and he shit sounds fresh.......use to be a better hiphop producer back in the day but who can deny cat?

5..........dj quik........possibly the best producer to never fully blow up.....but gets his respect within the hiphop arena and westcoast

other cats im feeling in no order..........

just blaze, swizz, premier, warren g(azt his peak), jd, lil jon...(aint nobody fuckin with crunk like him).theres alot mo, specially from the era when west was runnin things, but the top 5 are all sick for different things imo

peace

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I hate to leave Quik off my list so I gotta give him honorable mention status.  I agree that J.R. and Sha Money XL are producers on the rise.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This is just hip hop right? I'd say the greatest producer is music ever would be Quincy Jones.

Anyway for hip hop...damn this is tough...

10. Marley Marl --- One of the first big name producers in rap music, a true pioneer
9. Shock G --- Co-creator of the west coast sound, one of the most talented dudes in rap music history
8. Sir Jinx the Fiddler --- Involved in the production of 3 classic albums, Ice Cube's first 2 solos and WC and The MAAD Circle's first album, also Xzibit's second album
7. The Bomb Squad --- The Fury behind the sound of Public Enemy, also produced Ice Cube's classic debut, they laid the angry soundtrack for Chuck D's seething oratory
6. Ant Banks --- Pioneer of the west coast sound
5. The RZA --- Created a whole new style of hip hop
4. Prince Paul --- His work with De La Soul was innovative and mind blowing and decades ahead of its time
3. DJ Premier --- His catalog is amazing, he's produced more classic individual joints than anyone
2. Dr. Dre --- No explanation needed, several classic albums produced, the Quincy Jones of rap
1. DJ Quik --- The most musically gifted individual in hip hop

Honorable mention:
Cold 187um (creator of G-Funk)
DJ Aladdin (produced the classic OG Original Gangster)
DJ Scott Larock (Criminal Minded is a classic)
Pete Rock (at his peak was one of the best)
Erick Sermon (one funky individual)
Organized Noise (I love their work with Outkast and Goodie Mob)
Timbaland (His work with Aaliyah was genius)
Dat Nigga Daz (from 94 - 96 was unfuckwittable, unfortunately he fell off hard after that)
The Roots (I don't know if you'd call them producers but their music rules)
Sam Bostic/Mike Mosely (Created the mob sound)
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dunno I put Scott Storch in especially becuase of his previous work with people like Roots, Lil Kim, WC... he was crazy back then. Nowadays hes getting wacker and wacker, still drop some hot stuff from time to time though.

Plus he was the man behind Still D.R.E. so he deserves props.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Dunno I put Scott Storch in especially becuase of his previous work with people like Roots, Lil Kim, WC... he was crazy back then. Nowadays hes getting wacker and wacker, still drop some hot stuff from time to time though.

Plus he was the man behind Still D.R.E. so he deserves props.

honestly i'm really not feeling scott storch anymore his shit was cool before dre like you said with the roots and shit, and with and a little bit after dre he had some JAMS, but now it's too bubble gum, it's like damn i wonder how close him and Max Martin are these days

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
1.mannie fresh
2.heatmakerz
3.david banner
4.dj paul juicy j
5.crack tracks
6.klc
7.hush
8.base heavy
9.g-sta
10.arkitechs
11.kidd
12.b.g
13.juvenile
14.mouse
15.sinista
16.coree benton
17.tone tone
18.slice t
19.xl
20.ad future
21.tmix
22.batman
23.doe boys
24.deezle
25.griz
26.shondrae
27.davor & vanex
28. gurilla tek
29.mike dean
30.dave junco
31.cool&dre
32.scarface
33.rkelly
34.lesile brathwaite
35.u.p.
36.mr lee

if you want to know why i picked 36 of them, just pick up:
bun b- trill
turk-penn. chances
boo & Gotti- perfect timing
bird man-fast money
8 ball and mjg-living legends
juvenile-juve the great
lil wayne-carter 2
UTP-begining of the end
bg-heart of tha streetz vols 1&2
bg-life after cash money
lil wayne-carter 1
any hot boys CD
any HCP cd
any Dipset cd
any david banner cd
any old cash money cd

Someone has mad love for the south ! props !
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

BigBDrugStores

1.mannie fresh
2.heatmakerz
3.david banner
4.dj paul juicy j
5.crack tracks
6.klc
7.hush
8.base heavy
9.g-sta
10.arkitechs
11.kidd
12.b.g
13.juvenile
14.mouse
15.sinista
16.coree benton
17.tone tone
18.slice t
19.xl
20.ad future
21.tmix
22.batman
23.doe boys
24.deezle
25.griz
26.shondrae
27.davor & vanex
28. gurilla tek
29.mike dean
30.dave junco
31.cool&dre
32.scarface
33.rkelly
34.lesile brathwaite
35.u.p.
36.mr lee

if you want to know why i picked 36 of them, just pick up:
bun b- trill
turk-penn. chances
boo & Gotti- perfect timing
bird man-fast money
8 ball and mjg-living legends
juvenile-juve the great
lil wayne-carter 2
UTP-begining of the end
bg-heart of tha streetz vols 1&2
bg-life after cash money
lil wayne-carter 1
any hot boys CD
any HCP cd
any Dipset cd
any david banner cd
any old cash money cd

Someone has mad love for the south ! props !
hey man, it is what it is. props back