Author Topic: Snoop, 112, And Eve Reflect On Martin Luther King  (Read 74 times)

Crenshaw_blvd

Snoop, 112, And Eve Reflect On Martin Luther King
« on: January 21, 2002, 08:23:03 AM »
As the nation celebrates the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday today (January 21), Snoop Dogg, 112, and Eve have shared their thoughts on the slain civil rights leader and the effect he had on them personally. Snoop Dogg discussed the impact that King has had on his life and music.

"Martin Luther King's birthday is a symbolization, to me, of the turnaround and the change of my positivity and my rap within. It helps me to believe that I'm living his dream and...you know what I’m saying? I finally woke up and realized what his dream was about, and to be a part of his dream is putting positive songs on my album, being more of a role model, and trying to make a change and being more positive towards the kids--to what parents would want their kids to listen to my music--and that's the influence that Mr. King has on me as we speak," Snoop said.

Mike of 112 shared that, to him, King signified unity. "Dr. King--to every black, to every Latino, to every minority, period, you know--Dr. King, he wasn't just for black people, for every minority and for the majority sake, quote unquote, because he opened eyes. I think he was a prophet, definitely--he was a prophet. He was somebody sent from God to do one specific thing and that was to open people's minds and their hearts about us being unified," he said.

Fellow 112 member Q added what he felt summed up Dr. King's legacy. "When I think of Martin Luther King, I think of one nation under God with liberty and justice for all. And I think a lot of times when people think of Martin Luther King, they should just think about that because if you really think about it, that says a lot: 'One nation under God with liberty and justice for all, and equality for everybody.'"

Eve's take on King was somewhat different from that of her male peers, but the rap diva shared that celebrating the holiday is very important. "Well, I just know what I learned about him in school and that he was a peaceful man and things like that. It's definitely great to celebrate his memory."

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »