Author Topic: Israel Blasts Lebanon Airport, Air Bases  (Read 623 times)

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Israel Blasts Lebanon Airport, Air Bases
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 12:01:20 AM »
Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

^^ What is this book about?  One guy I used to discuss polotics and religion with at work used to tell me to read this book.

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 12:31:59 AM »
Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

^^ What is this book about?  One guy I used to discuss polotics and religion with at work used to tell me to read this book.

the book deals with the relationship and responsibilities between state and citizenry. Namely what the role of the state is vis a vis its populace (social contract)

Hobbes believes the nature of man is evil, competitive and that life is brutal and short. Man by nature strives and competes with one another. This state of nature is anarchaic and the rule of power holds sway.

Only by relinquishing all power to a soveriegn who will run the state on behalf of the citizenry, can mankind live in peace.

Basically a justification for a strong all powerful albiet benevolent ruler.

Locke and Rousseau also touched on similiar issues with different perspectives. Im big on Rousseau personally.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 09:14:56 AM »
"Hobbes believes the nature of man is evil, competitive and that life is brutal and short. Man by nature strives and competes with one another. This state of nature is anarchaic and the rule of power holds sway"

basically "homo omini lupos" (not sure of the spelling) which basically means man is a wolf for man