Author Topic: ** KURUPT ** Post Lastest News In Here Only!  (Read 4941 times)

Big BpG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Roos
Re: ** KURUPT ** Post Lastest News In Here Only!
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2002, 12:42:17 PM »
Trust me... people are definetly recording this... so many people requested others to do it at th SOHH board... there is a big post about this at the SOHH board...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Bosko-2G

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
  • My man Big Tigger. Holla at ya boy!
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2002, 12:46:21 PM »
Fuck too bad it wasn't broadcasted on the internet.
Dope like tonz 'o coke.

Big BpG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Roos
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2002, 12:52:22 PM »
There is a winamp link to get to stream... however i couldn't find it... i thought i found it... and it was like some spanish music... me and jay jammed all day to that...

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Bosko-2G

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2002, 12:56:39 PM »
There is a winamp link to get to stream... however i couldn't find it... i thought i found it... and it was like some spanish music... me and jay jammed all day to that...

-Big BpG

Haha..

Are they still on the air??
Dope like tonz 'o coke.

Big BpG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Roos
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2002, 01:00:54 PM »
My listener went off the air... so i dont know... im reading posts at SOHH right now... seems like they are still on

THEY ARE PREMIERING A ROW SONG....

overseer reported that

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Bosko-2G

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2002, 01:10:58 PM »
I think they already did.. someone at Tha Row forum said they played a new Crooked I joint.
Dope like tonz 'o coke.

DPGC2001

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2002, 01:18:27 PM »
I heard the whole thing...Kurupt was there to officially anounce that he's on tha row...Young Eastwood and Crooked I were also there along with Suge...They were a couple of hours late so they didn't get to any details, Suge said that they were all going to be back early on Monday to do the interview...They played a new Crooked I joint forgot the name of it,  as usual Crooked was sick with the lyrics and had a pretty tight beat...Angie asked Suge soon as he got there if he rolls deep and he said nah that's them Aftermath niggas...I think that's the only time Suge made a mention of them but again he was there a short time...Kurupt sounded pshyced to be back and said he'll adress all of the questions Monday...Peace...

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2002, 01:34:15 PM »
its called So Damn Hood and is by Crooked I and features Sisqo.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Bosko-2G

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2002, 01:45:30 PM »
Now I don't know what to think about this whole thing. At first, I was real happy when I heard Kurupt was signing with Tha Row.. and now we know its official but the thing is, from what we've heard from DPGRecordz.com (they can eat a fat dick, by the way), the rest of the DPG ain't gonna fuck with him no more. So now I got mixed feelings about this. I was hoping this move would bring DPG and Tha Row together again, but it did the oppisite. Who knows, maybe everything will be cool down the road.. we can only hope.
Dope like tonz 'o coke.

Bosko-2G

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
Re: Kurupt *NOW IZ* On Tha Row!!
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2002, 02:01:45 PM »
KURUPT IS NOT ON THA ROW AND WILL NEVER IN HIS LIFE SIGN AGAIN A CONTRACT WITH THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON`T BE FOOLISH AND THINK HE SIGNS WITH THAT FAT MOTHERFUCKA AGAIN !!!!!!!!

to those who doubt it time will make it, u`ll see

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

Wait, wait..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Aww, and you seemed so damn sure, too!
Dope like tonz 'o coke.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2002, 02:18:36 PM »
damn, an executive of Tha Row?  never saw that one coming, so now, are the usual suspects gonna STILL doubt Kurupt is signed to Tha Row.

p.s. anyone have that song they debuted on Hot 97 with Crooked I?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2002, 02:22:42 PM »
so it's official...cool we finally got confirmation from kurupt

now this is what makes me mad....it seems as if kurupt has drivin his home boys off...i dunno if he intetionally did it or not, but the fact of the matter is he doesn't have a core (and i emphasize CORE) part of his career in his corner now (daz, fred, ect.) that's a big loss for both kurupt and westcoast fans. also it's weird, maybe kurupt didn't know everyone of his friends would call him a sell out and stop working with him, and just figured, hey i'll sign with the row and be cool with everyone ...understandable (and i hope this is the situatioin) But the thing that kinda irks me is how Kurupt laughed when they asked suge if he rolled deep and suge said "naw that's only for them aftermath niggaz".....maybe it was nothin' , but what if kurupt actually did this to spite everyone who we thought he was cool with (which i REAAAAAAAALLLLY hope isn't the case)

only time will tell i guess

this situation is still confussing even though we got confirmation from kurupt that he's signed...but under what terms with the rest of the west??

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio

« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2002, 02:22:50 PM »
damn, an executive of Tha Row?  never saw that one coming, so now, are the usual suspects gonna STILL doubt Kurupt is signed to Tha Row.

p.s. anyone have that song they debuted on Hot 97 with Crooked I?

I'm getting it all in mp3

Deuce_G

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2002, 02:27:50 PM »
If Kurupt said it, then it's official.  You were right Trauma, nice work.  

According to DPG Recordz, it looks like Kurupt just lost everyone that's been in his corner since he left Death Row.  He lost his best friend with Daz.  I'm really anxious to see what kind of music he makes now, any Dre/Snoop insults.  I'm also curious to see how he explains the airport incident on Monday.  

Quadruple OG

« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2002, 02:30:55 PM »
the balance of power has shifted from Dogghouse/Aftermath to Tha Row Records.  To use a word SugeFight likes to throw around, I would have to say Suge Knight is now relevent to music.

Deuce_G

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2002, 02:37:58 PM »
I don't know if I'd go that far.  Kurupt isn't a real hot seller like Dre and Snoop are.  It's a significant step for Tha Row though, and could help position them at the top.  Kurupt is ill as fuck, he could blow up if he gets the right beats, the right videos, and the right exposure.    

Quadruple OG

« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2002, 02:43:15 PM »
I've been hearing that while Suge was on the air, Angie Martinez was gonna play "Young'n" by Fabolous, and Suge told her not to play that Hollywood shit and play real shit like Jadakiss and Ja Rule.  Also, I've heard that Kurupt was saying that if anyone wants to battle Tha Row, they have to "run the gauntlet" of:

Crooked I
Eastwood
Kurupt

I wish Snoop Dogg, Daz, and the rest of the Dogg Pound Gangsta Clique luck with that.  lol

Also, I've been hearing about this Crooked I song they premiered.  I haven't heard it yet, but from what I've heard, the production is hot, Crooked I rips shit up, Sisqo is on it, and it's radio friendly, but not pop.  I want to hear the song to make a judgement of it.

I've been saying it for a while, and I'm saying it again, Suge is a businessman and knows what the fuck he's doing.  Don't doubt the label, especially when it had major plans.  

With Death Row, you never know....

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2002, 02:57:29 PM »
i'm lost , were did kurupt said it , on radio ???
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2002, 02:57:57 PM »
the balance of power has shifted from Dogghouse/Aftermath to Tha Row Records.  To use a word SugeFight likes to throw around, I would have to say Suge Knight is now relevent to music.

lol you mean to tell me crooked i and kurupt and a couple of cliched gangsta rappers are better artists than:

eminem
hittman
RAKIM
snoop
tray deee
DR. DRE
truth hurts
fredwreck
soopafly
battlecat
bad azz
Mel Man

>???????????????????

dude , i know it's your opinion and all but you just shot yourself in the foot with this one

the 2 names i highlighted irraticates ANYTHING in the rap industry from the grimmiest borrough of NY, to the deepest BBQ pit in ATL, to the hardest street corner in LA

Murrow

« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2002, 03:09:46 PM »
Shit this is crazy...what else did Kurupt talk about?  Shit man, sounds like Suge hypnotized his ass when Kurupt was laughin while Suge trashed Aftermath.

:o

Quadruple OG

« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2002, 03:16:14 PM »

lol you mean to tell me crooked i and kurupt and a couple of cliched gangsta rappers are better artists than:

>???????????????????

dude , i know it's your opinion and all but you just shot yourself in the foot with this one

the 2 names i highlighted irraticates ANYTHING in the rap industry from the grimmiest borrough of NY, to the dee BBQ pit in ATL, to the hardest street corner in LA

eminem: i'll give u this one
hittman: album dropping when????
RAKIM: see hittman
snoop: not even a shadow of his former self
tray deee: he's aiight, but not much range with subject matter/lyrics
DR. DRE: tight producer, but has to have peeps write for him
truth hurts: not feeling
fredwreck: producer
soopafly: when is snoop dropping material from him?????
battlecat: producer
bad azz: the only album Dogghouse has dropped that was tight
Mel Man: producer

out of those, you have 3 producers (Fred Wreck, Battlecat, Mel-Man), one producer who can't write lyrics very well (Dr. Dre), an R&B artist who could be average at best (Truth Hurts) (and peeps diss Tha Row for having R&B artists?  Dogghouse has Butch Cassidy and Latoya Williams as well), One legendary MC that has no clue when his album is dropping (Rakim), one artist that should have dropped an album a couple years ago while people knew who he was (Hittman), an egomaniac with his own label who has very limited business knowledge (Snoop),  2 artists on his label that will be pushed back to accomadate another Snoop album and an album by the George Clinton imposter (Tray Deee and Soopafly) .

Tha Row has a sense of direction right now, something Dogghouse doesn't have right now, with their switching distributors and not releasing solo albums by artists on their roster not named Snoop or Tha Eastsidaz, and Aftermath, who just dropped a BIG time flop with The Wash soundtrack and very little depth (although Rakim makes up for it, no one knows when his album will drop).

Tha Row has the depth needed to survive.  They got the gangsta shit with Crooked I, Eastwood, Kurupt, Spider Loc, Above The Law, and whatever "artists in development" are on the label (most likely Swoop G).  They got the R&B shit with PB, J. Valentine, and (sadly when his contract situation gets cleared up) Ray J.  Production they got Hutch, Triple 7 productions (Crooked I, Darren Vargas, and some other dude), Devante, and DJ Quik, who all bring heat, whether it goes mainstream or not.  Many artists are down with Tha Row, including Murder Inc Records, The Lox, Scarface, Boo Yah Tribe, Treach,

my opinions on the artists vary from your jake, but more important than the artists is the direction that the companies are going in.  Tha Row is rising.  They have made many moves within the time that Suge has gotten out 5 months ago to reshape the label, and progress to become one of the top labels in the industry.  

Suge Knight has done a lot of work to get Tha Row going again after being in a coma for 5 years, and they are moving in the right direction.  What has Dogghouse done to improve their label within the same 5 months?

Big BpG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Roos
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2002, 03:18:24 PM »
The decision that he signed... DOES NOT BOTHER ME...

What bothers me is how he simply shrugs off his homies... seriously, it really doesn't matter... he has been with these people his whole career. Now it seems like he just doesn't care... this is so shady... Snoop didn't even do this when he left tha row... he was always cool... now... it seems broken up... everything the west represented, is split... all the years of Westcoast rap is broken... the link isn't there and I just see hate now...

when i hear Suge... diss Aftermath.. it's cool, but when i hear Kurupt laugh at that... it's like... DRE put you here! Without your appearances on The Chronic and 2001, you would be nothing... nothing... you got here because of Snoop... he knew Daz and Daz was your homie... now.. u just turn... thats what bothers me... I dont mind if your on Deathrow, but recognize why you are here...

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Murrow

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2002, 03:21:35 PM »
Truth Hurts isn't R&B...she's soul.  Listen to her when she sings, she ain't on no R&B shit.

Tha Row has R&B artists like N.I.N.A. - who sings, and Ray J.

Tha Row's production is thin with Hutch, Darren Vegas and Kurt Kobane.  Quik isn't a Row producer or neither is Ant Banks.  Dre, Mel-Man, Fredwreck etc could easily destroy them there.

PEACE

Deuce_G

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2002, 03:21:53 PM »
Can someone tell me what tracks Eastwood is on?  I want to hear him.  Big Jake has a point though.  I'm want to see Crooked I and Tray Deee go at it.  Forget the Jay-Z/Nas beef, those two would bring so much heat against each other.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2002, 03:28:58 PM »
funny how you put (album coming out when) but it's taken crooked I how long????

all i got to say is this

rakim =best pure MC ever
Dr. Dre =best producer in rap history, one of the best in music in gerneral
eminem-the best out there now
hittman-is capable of being one of the best
fredwreck-one of the dopest producers out
battlecat-same as above
Truth hurts- unlike the pop singers death row signs, truth can range from opera to neo soul
tray deee-funny how you say he has no range but none of deathrow's artist's have that either....oh and New York cirtics even praise tray deee ....funny how only crooked I can get that but i can find more than one MC who can bring that whose signed to doggystle or aftermath alone
mel man-great producer, one of the best out
snoop dogg-has respect from every single person just about in the rap and music industry, east, west, south,and oversees, same with dre too.....i don't see any of that coming from the row

mack 11 i find it funny how you have to resort to saying  "dr., dre doesn't write his lyrics....when none big hutch raps worse than dre, not to mention how big hutch RUINED pac's latest album

and you you want to talk about album flops???

seriously what good album has deathrow released since 96??

hmmm not the christmas album
hmmmm not chronic 2000
hmmmmmm not too  gangsta
hmmmmmmmm not UTEOT
hmmmmmmm not dogg pound 2002
hmmmmmmmm not dead man walking

allmusic.com gave almost all of these albums 2.5 and 3's which is a disgrace

nothing substantial has come from the row since pac died and since dre left