Author Topic: ** KURUPT ** Post Lastest News In Here Only!  (Read 9399 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: ** KURUPT ** Post Lastest News In Here Only!
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2002, 02:16:14 PM »

lol you mean to tell me crooked i and kurupt and a couple of cliched gangsta rappers are better artists than:

>???????????????????

dude , i know it's your opinion and all but you just shot yourself in the foot with this one

the 2 names i highlighted irraticates ANYTHING in the rap industry from the grimmiest borrough of NY, to the dee BBQ pit in ATL, to the hardest street corner in LA

eminem: i'll give u this one
hittman: album dropping when????
RAKIM: see hittman
snoop: not even a shadow of his former self
tray deee: he's aiight, but not much range with subject matter/lyrics
DR. DRE: tight producer, but has to have peeps write for him
truth hurts: not feeling
fredwreck: producer
soopafly: when is snoop dropping material from him?????
battlecat: producer
bad azz: the only album Dogghouse has dropped that was tight
Mel Man: producer

out of those, you have 3 producers (Fred Wreck, Battlecat, Mel-Man), one producer who can't write lyrics very well (Dr. Dre), an R&B artist who could be average at best (Truth Hurts) (and peeps diss Tha Row for having R&B artists?  Dogghouse has Butch Cassidy and Latoya Williams as well), One legendary MC that has no clue when his album is dropping (Rakim), one artist that should have dropped an album a couple years ago while people knew who he was (Hittman), an egomaniac with his own label who has very limited business knowledge (Snoop),  2 artists on his label that will be pushed back to accomadate another Snoop album and an album by the George Clinton imposter (Tray Deee and Soopafly) .

Tha Row has a sense of direction right now, something Dogghouse doesn't have right now, with their switching distributors and not releasing solo albums by artists on their roster not named Snoop or Tha Eastsidaz, and Aftermath, who just dropped a BIG time flop with The Wash soundtrack and very little depth (although Rakim makes up for it, no one knows when his album will drop).

Tha Row has the depth needed to survive.  They got the gangsta shit with Crooked I, Eastwood, Kurupt, Spider Loc, Above The Law, and whatever "artists in development" are on the label (most likely Swoop G).  They got the R&B shit with PB, J. Valentine, and (sadly when his contract situation gets cleared up) Ray J.  Production they got Hutch, Triple 7 productions (Crooked I, Darren Vargas, and some other dude), Devante, and DJ Quik, who all bring heat, whether it goes mainstream or not.  Many artists are down with Tha Row, including Murder Inc Records, The Lox, Scarface, Boo Yah Tribe, Treach,

my opinions on the artists vary from your jake, but more important than the artists is the direction that the companies are going in.  Tha Row is rising.  They have made many moves within the time that Suge has gotten out 5 months ago to reshape the label, and progress to become one of the top labels in the industry.  

Suge Knight has done a lot of work to get Tha Row going again after being in a coma for 5 years, and they are moving in the right direction.  What has Dogghouse done to improve their label within the same 5 months?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Big BpG

« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2002, 02:18:24 PM »
The decision that he signed... DOES NOT BOTHER ME...

What bothers me is how he simply shrugs off his homies... seriously, it really doesn't matter... he has been with these people his whole career. Now it seems like he just doesn't care... this is so shady... Snoop didn't even do this when he left tha row... he was always cool... now... it seems broken up... everything the west represented, is split... all the years of Westcoast rap is broken... the link isn't there and I just see hate now...

when i hear Suge... diss Aftermath.. it's cool, but when i hear Kurupt laugh at that... it's like... DRE put you here! Without your appearances on The Chronic and 2001, you would be nothing... nothing... you got here because of Snoop... he knew Daz and Daz was your homie... now.. u just turn... thats what bothers me... I dont mind if your on Deathrow, but recognize why you are here...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Murrow

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2002, 02:21:35 PM »
Truth Hurts isn't R&B...she's soul.  Listen to her when she sings, she ain't on no R&B shit.

Tha Row has R&B artists like N.I.N.A. - who sings, and Ray J.

Tha Row's production is thin with Hutch, Darren Vegas and Kurt Kobane.  Quik isn't a Row producer or neither is Ant Banks.  Dre, Mel-Man, Fredwreck etc could easily destroy them there.

PEACE

Deuce_G

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2002, 02:21:53 PM »
Can someone tell me what tracks Eastwood is on?  I want to hear him.  Big Jake has a point though.  I'm want to see Crooked I and Tray Deee go at it.  Forget the Jay-Z/Nas beef, those two would bring so much heat against each other.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2002, 02:28:58 PM »
funny how you put (album coming out when) but it's taken crooked I how long????

all i got to say is this

rakim =best pure MC ever
Dr. Dre =best producer in rap history, one of the best in music in gerneral
eminem-the best out there now
hittman-is capable of being one of the best
fredwreck-one of the dopest producers out
battlecat-same as above
Truth hurts- unlike the pop singers death row signs, truth can range from opera to neo soul
tray deee-funny how you say he has no range but none of deathrow's artist's have that either....oh and New York cirtics even praise tray deee ....funny how only crooked I can get that but i can find more than one MC who can bring that whose signed to doggystle or aftermath alone
mel man-great producer, one of the best out
snoop dogg-has respect from every single person just about in the rap and music industry, east, west, south,and oversees, same with dre too.....i don't see any of that coming from the row

mack 11 i find it funny how you have to resort to saying  "dr., dre doesn't write his lyrics....when none big hutch raps worse than dre, not to mention how big hutch RUINED pac's latest album

and you you want to talk about album flops???

seriously what good album has deathrow released since 96??

hmmm not the christmas album
hmmmm not chronic 2000
hmmmmmm not too  gangsta
hmmmmmmmm not UTEOT
hmmmmmmm not dogg pound 2002
hmmmmmmmm not dead man walking

allmusic.com gave almost all of these albums 2.5 and 3's which is a disgrace

nothing substantial has come from the row since pac died and since dre left

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2002, 02:33:57 PM »
well , all i can sais is

[size=10]Kurupt is a snitchhh !![/size]
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2002, 02:38:02 PM »

Many artists are down with Tha Row, including Murder Inc Records, The Lox

lol and that's about it! you're proud of that?? lmao! jadakiss is tight but styles and sheek LMAO, oh and you're proud that you're down with mr. pop rap himself ja rule??!

pleeeeeeeeease every  one in dre and snoop's camp are down with them and just about every single person in the business so  ummmm yeah, be proud you have 5 supporters i guess 2/5 of them being embarrassing to even know

jakeIII

• 'G'
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2002, 02:39:45 PM »
Kurupt is a snitchhh !!

A snitch ......? How?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2002, 02:41:12 PM »
1. Crooked I's album is dropping in the spring.  that has been confirmed.  Rakim's album is pretty much on the backburner of Aftermath, behind Truth Hurts and Eminem.

2. i mentioned that tha row was in a coma for 5 years, and you mentioned all those albums, yet you're forgetting that Bones, The Wash, Doggy's Angels, and Bad Azz flopped big time as well.  

3. Kurupt has always gotten love from Philly, and Crooked I has been getting love fromm NYC, and Eastwood has been giving props by many people in NYC.

4. some albums are put out, not just to sell records, but to make a statement (why do you think there was virtually no promotion for all those albums except for C2K)

5. I hope you were kidding when you mentioned Until the end of time flopped, because that was the highest selling rap album OF THE YEAR according to the RIAA

6. IMO Hutch did a tight job on UTEOT, especially with "Ballad of a dead souljah", which was one of my favorite tracks from 2002.

7. What good albums have been released since 1996?  Well, since you're a big Dogg Pound fan, I'm suprised that you would think that "Retaliation, Revenge, and Getback" was wack.

8. I think most people forgot about hitman around 1999.  Dre made a big mistake by not dropping his album the next year, because hitman was on so many tracks on 2001, yet many critics felt he was average at best.  Hitman could have gotten away with a lackluster album in 2000 and sold millions, but now, I bet he'd sell gold at best.  

Quadruple OG

« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2002, 02:46:08 PM »
well , all i can sais is

[size=10]Kurupt is a snitchhh !![/size]

why am I not shocked that he said this?  how is Kurupt a snitch?

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2002, 02:51:08 PM »
he's a snitch fo turnin his back on dpg family and shit , why he got to sign back with them if it take so dawm long to get out off there , what does he gain , a shit , thats just stupid
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Antonio

« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2002, 02:54:11 PM »
Can someone tell me what tracks Eastwood is on?  I want to hear him.  Big Jake has a point though.  I'm want to see Crooked I and Tray Deee go at it.  Forget the Jay-Z/Nas beef, those two would bring so much heat against each other.  

NEXT NIGGAZ, Crooked I feat. Eastwood and Murder Inc

jakeIII

• 'G'
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2002, 02:56:03 PM »
he's a snitch fo turnin his back on dpg family and shit , why he got to sign back with them if it take so dawm long to get out off there , what does he gain , a shit , thats just stupid

That ain't got anything to do with him being a "snitch", does it.
And from what I can see, ain't it "the D.P.G. family" turning THEIR back on Kurupt.
I thought daz was filing for divorce......LOL

Quadruple OG

« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2002, 02:56:23 PM »

That ain't got anything to do with him being a "snitch", does it.
And from what I can see, ain't it "the D.P.G. family" turning THEIR back on Kurupt.
I thought daz was filing for divorce......LOL

Tha Row will be putting an interview on their site, hopefully soon, which probably will clear things up.  You got the definition of a snitch messed up there.

I have a couple of theories: one is that he got tired of the dissing, another is that he thought about which path would give him the most success in life, and I guess an executive position with Tha Row was enough to entice him to return

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2002, 02:58:21 PM »
1. Crooked I's album is dropping in the spring.  that has been confirmed.  Rakim's album is pretty much on the backburner of Aftermath, behind Truth Hurts and Eminem.

2. i mentioned that tha row was in a coma for 5 years, and you mentioned all those albums, yet you're forgetting that Bones, The Wash, Doggy's Angels, and Bad Azz flopped big time as well.  

3. Kurupt has always gotten love from Philly, and Crooked I has been getting love fromm NYC, and Eastwood has been giving props by many people in NYC.

4. some albums are put out, not just to sell records, but to make a statement (why do you think there was virtually no promotion for all those albums except for C2K)

5. I hope you were kidding when you mentioned Until the end of time flopped, because that was the highest selling rap album OF THE YEAR according to the RIAA

6. IMO Hutch did a tight job on UTEOT, especially with "Ballad of a dead souljah", which was one of my favorite tracks from 2002.

7. What good albums have been released since 1996?  Well, since you're a big Dogg Pound fan, I'm suprised that you would think that "Retaliation, Revenge, and Getback" was wack.

8. I think most people forgot about hitman around 1999.  Dre made a big mistake by not dropping his album the next year, because hitman was on so many tracks on 2001, yet many critics felt he was average at best.  Hitman could have gotten away with a lackluster album in 2000 and sold millions, but now, I bet he'd sell gold at best.  

1.ummm actually  dre said it's coming out at the end of this year and they are STILL working on it

2. bones was shit yes, doggystangles was a great produced album (vocals were shit) but production was some of the westcoast finest showcasing, bad azz's album was quite possibly one of the best west coast album released last year.....and i'm not talking about sales figures i'm talking about quality....and EVERYTHING the row has released since pac died has been so poor of quality it's embarrassing

3. go to sohh.com, theres like 0938742093487 people from philly who called him a sale out after kuruption and space boogie, and call him the weakest link in the horsemen...go ahead go there! and i'd like proof of the NYC critics association of hip hop aka backpackers , givng props to eastwood

4. i don't even know why you put this here, but what message or statement are they sending? " yo i'm a gangsta and i know suge knight" lol ok my guy

5. again i'm talking about quality not quanity.....until the end of time actually made me feel ashamed for saying i was a pac fan and i'm not the only one....

6. hutch fucked johnny j's production up big time...every pro album critic , shitted on this album becuase of it's production....allmusic.com....and i'm sorry you're easy to please

7. yes reveng retaliation is whack in my opinion, hell even engies (a big daz fan) even said that, theres only a few good trax

8. yep that's why he's still being talked about by fans and critics alike....and correct me if i'm wrong but recently wasn' hittman declared more anticipated than rakim by some big time site?? and every pro critic i've read have praised  hittman to the heavens....so i don't get why you said that....i dunno maybe cj mack fan ...but every pro critic loved him, and i garandamntee you if hittman was on the row you'd be jocking him like you jock anything else that throws on a red and black lable on their cd's

dude you SERIOUSLY need to take music appreciation in school