Author Topic: ** KURUPT ** Post Lastest News In Here Only!  (Read 9395 times)

Antonio

Re: ** KURUPT ** Post Lastest News In Here Only!
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2002, 11:06:26 PM »
"Naw.. just "fuck a bitch", quoting Kurupt. And wait to hear a new power in the game, Tha Row.. vs DPG Recordz and Dogghouse Recordz. I'm cool with it.. We will see who is better."

u mean ( said like this) that kurupt gonna diss dpg and dogghouse and u gonna stand there , laughin , man where's the luv at.dawm

Nope. I'm not saying that. Plus i dont think Kurupt will diss DPG. Suge never told Crooked I to diss DPG, man. Kurupt is free to diss whoever he wants. And i think he's cool with Daz. I mean.. Daz made millions by this situations. Why is he tripping? Kurupt made it for his own career! Suge wanna make him a big star. Why you tripping? Daz got the money, Kurupt got the career. Plus Kurupt was been down with Daz even when nobody was hollering at him. Man.. Kurupt got 4 kids plus another one coming... Let him live his life.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2002, 11:16:10 PM »
Suge wanna rape him like he did with all the old inmates....
such a deal

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2002, 11:47:11 PM »
somebody is gonna    wax   Suge  one of these  days   LOL     just like in the movies ......... the bad guy dies in the end  and everybody lives happily ever after.    

you know whats sad .........  its not about music  anymore.    which is all i  care about .    its all about politics  and money now.  i understand they gotta make a living   ,  but   theres  a code of honor  u gotta have .   kurupt has been makin music with all them  fools  for  10 years  now  (probably more)    ....... you dont  jeopardize all that  shit   just to  go platinum.    his fans love him   ,   his homies got his back   ,   and  he has been makin good enuff music for me  .     its not his fault  he hasnt gone  platinum .........   your fan base can only be so   large .  if he wants to go  platinum then he better raid  puff daddys closet  and   slap on the  infamous  shiny silver suit  lol .   kurupt is doin some shit that   is not even necessary .     the only good thing i could see   is  if   THA ROW  signs   Scott Storch   (which is a rumor)   and  Storch produces an album for  kurupt    entirely.     that would be kinda  sick .    

anyway ,   THA ROW    aint  even a threat  to anybody  right now .      AFTERMATH  and  DOGGHOUSE   is  makin  the hit music   and will continue to do  so .      cuz thats what it comes down to  is   the  ..........  MUSIC.         and  any  smart  music  fanatic   knows that   Dr.Dre  has been  puttin out the best music in  hiphop  period.    always has been .     whatever he  touches  =   CLASSIC , TIMELESS ,  UNTOUCHABLE.        Snoop ,  fredwreck ,  and battlecat  will continue to make hit music .         THA ROW  has   big hutch  ,   a washed up   producer    with  maybe  2 hits left in him .    KURT COBANE   ?    how many  hits   has this   biter produced ?   look at his name  .......  you know  Suge  gave him that name   just  for  publicity .    And  this other  dude  named    Darrell Vegas   ?   WHO ?     WHAT ?      

my point is   its all about the music in the end ......... nobody gives a fuck   if  you   call out names   and your music  sounds like    disco gangsta rap.  

DRE 2001  =  7 million sold     ........ and thats just the begininng   of the  AFTERMATH

Murrow

« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2002, 07:56:49 AM »
Well...

I hope Kurupt keeps on working with Fredwreck and Dre for the beats, cause I loved the chemistry between Fred & Kurupt.  Dre made Kurupt, and I loved everything they did together.  He use to speak so highly of him, and it seems like now he's turned his back.

On the beef...

This is Tha Row vs. Doggystyle.  Aftermath go about business, they don't beef, they just make music.  Dre's been staying out of this goin 6x platinum with "The Slim Shady LP," 7x plat with "The Marshall Mathers LP" and 7x plat with "Dr. Dre 2001."  Dre will keep on ignoring the cheap shots and make music.  

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2002, 08:26:17 AM »
tha row ::)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2002, 10:07:58 AM »
Man, I think Dre gonna stay out of it. I mean what he got to gain, Aftermath pushes a lot of unit, and As soon as Rakim and Hitman drops, along with Eminem, they'll have 3 of the best M.C.s out there.

Doggystyle and D.P.G. Recordz though are in a different situation, as neither one pushes a lot of units unless it's a Snoop Dogg CD, and both have good artist, but none as lyrically talented as Kurupt or Crooked I. I haven't heard Eastwood, but I'm assuming his good, and if Swoop G is still around, then Tha Row has a very talented roster. D.P.G. and Doggystyle need to like combined labels, and sign Nate and Warren so that their roster can hold some power, because I think that does hurt some sales. They need to unify, first to get a stonger base of core star for people to buy, then feature other talent so that people can identify who's who, and they would support a Bad Azz, or Tray Deee.

Tha Row though, the name it's self sells, as a Kurupt on Tha Row album is a platnum album. Why? Because people want to hear what Kurupt has to say. I know I'm picking it up the day it comes out, 'cause I want to know. Suge himself knows what he is doing, he did graduate college believe it or not. He played college football, and was a replacement player in the NFL during the strike in the 80's. He knows busness, and marketing. Death Row messed him this whole time because no one knew how to market. The unreleased 2Pac and D.P.G. kept Death Row aflout, and now that Suge is back, he knows what will push units. Why you think Tha Realest and Top Dogg ain't around, Suge know Crooked I will sell, and how to produce his album.

So in it all, Aftermath, Dre, shit, he ain't worried, his company will do fine, and Rakim, Eminem and Hitman are a good rap roster, and Truth Hurts seems to be Dre's baby his working on. So Aftermath, Suge can diss all he wants, Dre ain't fazed. But Snoop, and the rest of the D.P.G., they do need to worry, 'cause only Snoop is selling, and who knows how many Suge can get to sign on Tha Row. Kurupt was thought to be one og the more loyal, what's to keep a Bad Azz, or Goldie Loc on board. Aftermath, shit, I doubt Dre will loss sleep. D.P.G., you know they are in shock, aswell they should be, 'cause they need to make sure everyone is locked out for, and keep the family going. Snoop and Daz have to look into this. It ain't Kurupt's fault, his looking out for his family, and Suge, hey, what ever sells for him.

G2ThaV

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • "Take Out SUGE And Stomp Down Tha ROW!" - Eazy E
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2002, 10:18:59 AM »
Kurupt is still on ANTRA , they just said it on

http://www.fau.edu/wowl/wowlradio/wowl.ram

it's The Phila Flava Show Radio, and the host said that even though Kurupt looked like a bitch this week, he is STILL signed to Antra.

also dpgrecordz posted

Despite the current rumors circulating of ANTRA artist Kurupt signing to Death Row or Doggystyle Records, Kurupt is still and will remain a
signed ANTRA artist. We at ANTRA are always looking for better ways to broaden and diversify the marketing, management and promotion of Kurupt
as an artist and are always open to any opportunities to do so.

It is very encouraging that ANTRA Records has developed and molded Kurupt into an artist that has become such a hot commodity in the music business and the hip-hop community, and we at ANTRA Records look forward to continuing in this role for many years to come.
Kurupt's current release, Space Boogie: Smoke Odyssey is in stores now.

Source: ANTRA MEDIA
"Even If We All Get Murdered In Vegas, They Can't Fade Us" - Ice Cube

teecee

« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2002, 10:21:02 AM »
This was posted on DPGrecordz.com by ANTRA today:

"Despite the current rumors circulating of ANTRA artist Kurupt signing to Death Row or Doggystyle Records, Kurupt is still and will remain a signed ANTRA artist. We at ANTRA are always looking for better ways to broaden and diversify the marketing, management and promotion of Kurupt
as an artist and are always open to any opportunities to do so.
It is very encouraging that ANTRA Records has developed and molded Kurupt into an artist that has become such a hot commodity in the music business and the hip-hop community, and we at ANTRA Records look forward to continuing in this role for many years to come."

What all this means, i have no clue...........

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2002, 04:39:44 PM »
good, i thought that shit wasn't true. but tha row is still gonna be tyte anways. especially when "untouchable" drops this spring.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***

eNgIeS

« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2002, 06:03:08 PM »
Tha Row though, the name it's self sells, as a Kurupt on Tha Row album is a platnum album. Why? Because people want to hear what Kurupt has to say. I know I'm picking it up the day it comes out, 'cause I want to know. Suge himself knows what he is doing, he did graduate college believe it or not. He played college football, and was a replacement player in the NFL during the strike in the 80's. He knows busness, and marketing. Death Row messed him this whole time because no one knew how to market. The unreleased 2Pac and D.P.G. kept Death Row aflout, and now that Suge is back, he knows what will push units. Why you think Tha Realest and Top Dogg ain't around, Suge know Crooked I will sell, and how to produce his album.

I agree. I mean look at all the opportunities Kurupt has now. Instead of having to feature all over Snoop & Dre's work to get a minimal ammount of attention, he is now the main star of a big record company with a big history.

First, Suge offered him an amount of money that no one else has been willing to pay him. I think if you were in Kurupts shoes you all would have jumped & signed the moment Suge offered you MILLIONS of $$$.

2ndly, look at all the news & attention this is getting. This whole week, this forum & other rap forums have had there pages filled with topics concerning Tha Row, Kurupt, Suge, Crooked I, N.I.N.A. (Left Eye) & other Row artists. Hot97 & Conan O'Brian have been giving Suge & Tha Row so much attention all over there broadcasts. I can guarantee that The Source & other rap mag's will have Tha Row articles, photo shoots & covers in the near future. Everyone who likes west coast rap have there eyes & ears on this whole situation. People are curious as to whether Crooked I will blow up, what impact Left Eye will have, what Kurupt has to say & what the new artists sound like.

Now, Kurupt, instead of being in the shadow of Eminem, Dre & Snoop like the Eastsidaz, D-12 & others have takin, Kurupt gets to truely stand out on his own & possibly get recognized as a solo artist & great rapper on his own rather than "the guy who is friends with Snoop & Dre"

& I wouldn't be too suprized with Tha Row signed Kurupts lil Bro Roscoe onto the label.

I am excited. I have always been down with music in general, if it sounds good I bump it, I dont give a shit whether its Row or Aftermath.

Trauma-san

« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2002, 06:34:43 PM »
I Agree 100%

Antonio

« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2002, 11:43:28 PM »
I agree too, 200%

DrewDogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Veni Vidi Vici / v3 /
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2002, 08:51:05 AM »
Yes i Agree that good music IS good music. BUT with none of the other DPG's wanting to make music with him anymore, I feel his music will be missing something. It won't be AS good. I liked the whole DPG mentality, the lifestyle, y'know? I'm disapointed but Kurupt will still remain my favourite MC.

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2002, 09:17:55 AM »
All Yall Are Half-Ass Backwards.  (Most Of You).

1.  Kurupt Signed With Tha Row, He Didn't Diss DPG Or Anybody Affiliated.  I Love Dr.Dre, And I ThoughtSuge Saying ThatAbout Aftermath Was Funny Too, BECAUSE ITS TRUE!!!!

2.  If DPG Won'tWork WithKurupt Because Of a BUSINESS Decision, Then THEYRE The Bitches Turning Their Back on Kurupt, NOT HIM.

The Way I See It, Kurupt Is About To See Who His Real Friends Are.  If Dre's Down To Feature Kurupt On One Of His Aftermath Cd's,Then Dre's A True Friend.  If Dre Refuses To Work With Kurupt Now, Then That's Bitch Made, Yall.  Same With ALL Of Em.  I Can See Them Not Wanting To be On A Row Record, But IfThey Don't Let Kurupt On Theirs, That's Not A Friend.  BTW, I Didn't See Dre Or Snoop Offering To Buy Out Kurupt's Contract.  Is Suge The Only One Wanting To Pay Him?  

Lesson: Look At BOTH Sides Of The Situation Before You Judge.  It's Despicable That Yall Are Saying "Fu*k Kurupt" When He Hasn't Dissed Anybody... Fake Ass Fans.  

That is the most sensible thing I have read to date in this post. At last someone posts some sense cos I agree wit ya 100% there.

Also I wanna point out ain't amazin the number of ppl who loved Kurupt but the minute he puts pen to paper with Tha Row he is shit, a has been and never will be the same again.

Also what is amazin is the no. of ppl that are protecting Kurupt's move to Tha Row are un-bias ppl who both like Dre & Snoop and don't have a problem with Tha Row yet the 99% of the ppl hatin on Tha Row are just dick-riders of Dre & Snoop!!!!!

Also as is said Kurupt never dissed DPG and never said anything of them yet at the same time Daz is going about dissin Kurupt and youse say that Kurupt back-stabbed the DPG family? Ok....if u wanna believe that but it don't take a genius to work who back-stabbed who I mean all you gotta look at is this:

Kurupt - Never said a word about the DPG family
Daz - dissed kurupt saying he signed with the "enemy"

Yeah Kurupt really back-stabbed that lot..... ::)
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2002, 04:31:46 PM »
kurupt never dissed daz cause daz was already on tha row tryin to get the fuck out , but kurupt it's the complete opposite, he was on some good shit and he's going on death row, death row fans can't understand that cause they see death row as a great powerful label, well this label ain't shit , and if u  think that kurupt will raise the shit  out there , that your finger out my ass cause this shit won'T happen , even crooked i wasn't able to make the comeback of tha row , and u think kurupt will ,,, lol , ohh pleez
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-