Author Topic: Hittman Leaves Aftermath  (Read 730 times)

bez

Re: Hittman Leaves Aftermath
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2002, 06:33:12 AM »
trust sum 1 to do this 4 there 1st post.  What a blag.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2002, 06:35:49 AM »
how u mean? lil jay did post the news up on his site so... ?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2002, 06:43:54 AM »
so yo, overseer he still on aftermath at the moment thought right? so lil jays site was wrong yeah?

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2002, 06:56:43 AM »
it seems like the only artist aftermath have is DRE and Em.  The rest of them are just there.  I dont believe shit Dre say any more, remember Dre and Cube as Helter Skelter, remember NWA, what happen to Rakim,but I bet a Em album comes out this year because Em does not wait for dre to do his whole album he does it himself then takes it to Dre.  That why Dre never produces a lot of songs on snoops stuff, because Snoop would have to wait forever for beats.  If I was hittman I would leave too because I dont wanna wait to forever to have to get an album out.

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2002, 07:02:55 AM »
so yo, overseer he still on aftermath at the moment thought right? so lil jays site was wrong yeah?

No Jay isn't/wasn't wrong.. he says he was told that by Interscope. Looks like they've got shit twisted.

He is on Aftermath, and has been working with Dre since the New Year on stuff for Detox.

Jome

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2002, 07:26:00 AM »

He is on Aftermath, and has been working with Dre since the New Year on stuff for Detox.

Oh wee, that sounds good. Hopefully we get Detox this year, and they might use Detox-leftovers for Hittmans album too. Even a sub-par Dre-track is good enough to be used on a album.

Murrow

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2002, 09:08:29 AM »

Hopefully we get Detox this year, and they might use Detox-leftovers for Hittmans album too. Even a sub-par Dre-track is good enough to be used on a album.

I hope we DON'T get "Detox" this year.  No, I'm not drunk, but Dre doesn't need to revamp his style yet...he still has a lot of that '99 futuristic G-Funk in him, and he'll still use it through out 2002.  When "Detox" drops, Dre will usher in a new sound, like he did with each of his albums.  Remember what Mellowman said?  Dre will be on some hip-hop orchestral shit...LoL.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2002, 12:40:59 AM »
yo overseer did ben baller say that at the moment his stil on aftermath n like they still plannin on releasin his album out in the summer or if he wants it out in the summer, he gonna have to go to another label?

OK. Its like this. ben Baller hit me up and said he is not off aftermath but he wishes it were true. Dre & hittman dont have beef but they are tryin to get Hittman off the label. So Dont expect him to drop his album on Aftermath. Hittman has been in The studio since the 6th of Jan 2002 and hitt has been writin lyrics for detox. hittman wants to get his album out by this summer. They have met with everyone from Timbo to Def Jam and they offered a couply millions to get this album. The album may be cleared but they still have at least 50% production from dre & mel. so legaly hes still signed. and as for the roster truth rakim em hitt and dre are the only true ones on the label.

thats all i know

peace, Jay
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2002, 02:09:16 AM »

Yea, Jay's site wasn't wrong.  This info is still new and developing.  I can totally see this happening unless Dre decides to refocus his attention on Hittman.  (LIKE HE SHOULD.)  Knocc is preventing this.

Don't get me wrong, Dre fuckin with Knocc has to happen.  This combo is bound to blow.  But when you look at this from Hitt and his crew's eyes, they probably see Dre as the guy slowing them up but at the same time, they realize his talent and notoriety and have obviously been patient.  Truthfully, from Hitt's perspective, I'd be pissed at the fact that Knocc was droppin first with so much Dre involvement.  Not pissed at Knocc himself, but pissed at the business end of it.  

Think about it, Knocc and Hittman appeal to, pretty much, the same market and with sales so slow for most Westcoast artist, this can do nuthing but cut into Hitt's sales.  I see him leaving for another label and trying to drop around the same time Knocc does.  He probably feels like hes up against another Westcoast artist's that threatens to cut into, what should be his sales.  He probably feels like, he was the one featured on many Dre cuts and promoted as Aftermaths next protégé.  Even though Knocc isn’t on Aftermath, he seems like the one turning out to be Dres next protégé.  Interesting theory.

Ax

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

The Watcher

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2002, 03:37:27 AM »
so, Dre wants Hitt off Aftermath, Hitt wants off, they're shoppin his album around, but.. Hitt's writin lyrics for Detox? Makes sense.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2002, 04:46:42 AM »
who said dre wants him off?

hitt doesnt want off, but he'll try and work a way to drop his album off the label if interscope dont stop acting like twats.

i got the exact mail jay got sent, plus another one coz i didnt realise i had the first one and i sent one another ask ben what was up.

the second one makes it clear its interscope thats the problem.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2002, 10:09:10 AM »
man i wished this album would drop on aftermath, cuz dre n mel put in alot of work with him 2 man and like they may loose out on alot of money if this album drops on another label u know?

Murrow

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2002, 11:12:45 AM »
Man, at this point, I don't give a fuck if Hitt's album drops on Aftermath or not, as long as it drops this year.  It is dissapointing that he is off Aftermath, but he wouldn't sell much anyway.  Aftermath is Dr. Dre & Eminem.  Look how much money those 2 bring in, they don't need anymore help to achieve those big sales.  Dre prolly saw that Hitt wouldn't make it in the maintream, and is trying to get him off the label.  It's nice to have those other artists, like Truth, Rakim, Shaunta and Joe Beats on the side too, but admit it, Dre & Em is what carry the label.  I just hope Hitt signs with someone else soon, and drops his album with Dre on it.

Don Seer

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2002, 11:49:07 AM »
 Aftermath is Dr. Dre & Eminem.  Look how much money those 2 bring in, they don't need anymore help to achieve those big sales.

Close.. it looks like Aftermath is Interscope... they get the final say in everything even after Aftermath. Aftermath doesn't even have a full head of staff.. just a few people to intermediate between then and the big I.. wonder which companies pay roll they're actually on.

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2002, 05:07:07 PM »
damn. that shitz krazy. i hope it aint true, cause i had been waitin 4 that hitt man album to drop for the longest. although aftermath was doin that nigga hella scandalous wit all them damn set backs.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***