Poll

Should alcohol be legal?

Yes
21 (80.8%)
No
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Should alcohol be legal?  (Read 2440 times)

ecrazy

Re: Should alcohol be legal?
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2006, 09:05:57 PM »

HERE TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

Super-Jew >>> stepping on dog shit >>>>>>> Midget Security Guard.
HAHA @ The Internet Super Hero talking big behind the computer screen, hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2006, 10:05:50 PM »

HERE TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

Super-Jew >>> stepping on dog shit >>>>>>> Midget Security Guard.
HAHA @ The Internet Super Hero talking big behind the computer screen, hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Come over here, and I'll kneel down and say it to your face. :-*

acgrundy

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2006, 10:25:30 PM »
Alcohol has the potential to do harm, kill innocents (drunk driving), destroy families, etc.... through improper use. So why should alcohol be legal but guns not be?

Put it this way; A gun can kill you in a matter of seconds

So can a butcher's knife, best to shut that industry down, no?

Holla @ yo dawg when the butcher knifes industry becomes as big, profitable and dangerous as the firearms industry, killing as many people as guns does globally.  ;)

that is just because guns are much easier and more effective to kill someone with than knives.  If guns were never invented, knives would be in the positions guns are in today.

acgrundy

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2006, 10:34:14 PM »
yes it should... I never understood how you can go to war and die for this country when you're 18 but you cant drink until you're 21... oh well... but drinking aswell as smoking should and will always be a choice, and that is what being a person is all about.. making you're own choices.. they should keep drunk driving illegal though, always...
But Its their choice to drink and drive, so they should be allowed to do it if they want to

lol man what you smokin ? drink driving is stupid and deadly...

oh yeah, this thread will hit 5 pages within 48 hours ;D
haha, anyway....the point i was trying to make is that we should NOT have all the damn choices in the world, thats why there are LAWS, Floydness Said "thats what being a person is all about...making your own choices" well there are a lot of dumb ass people in the world who would like to drive around in their fathers car high while having a scale and baggies (which is also as bad as drinking and driving) or do stupid things like jacking off in public, trying to talk to little girls/dating little girls, being a nusance, etc. because they think they have a choice. We should be LIMITED to our choices, based on the way society feels needs to be done. We SHOULD have choices, but not all the damn freedom to do whatever we want.

yeah, exactly, I got your point the first time around.  The fact of the matter is a majority of people are stupid.  There is an old saying "All laws are written in blood", which means somebody died or was badly injured and is the reason why a law was created.

The drinking age should in America should not be 18.  Just about everybody is still really dumb at age 18, and definately do not make the right decisions.  And yes plenty of people do drink before they are 21.  I was drinking at age 15.  But I couldn't go to bars, and I couldn't buy alcohol whenever I wanted to.  Anyone who is not 21 will not understand.  And you most likely won't understand until you reach the age of about 24.  Again, like I said, the reason why there are laws, and not everything is left up to choice is because the majority of people are stupid, which in turn means the majority of people will make the stupid choice.

Jome

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2006, 11:06:10 PM »
that is just because guns are much easier and more effective to kill someone with than knives.  If guns were never invented, knives would be in the positions guns are in today.

So guns should be legal because........ "fuck it, they'll probably use knives instead if we take away their guns" ?? (Dunno if that was your point, but hey)

It's the whole point of guns being less accessible.. 

The drinking age should in America should not be 18.  Just about everybody is still really dumb at age 18, and definately do not make the right decisions.  .

That's one of the many funny things about American laws..  :D
You can drive a car at 16, but at 18, you're not old enough to drink because "everybody is still really dumb at age 18, and definately do not make the right decisions"...

acgrundy

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2006, 11:37:28 PM »
I've been drunk a countless amount of times, and I have made many many stupid decisions while drunk.  Everybody makes stupid decisions when they are drunk, its just part of being drunk, in fact many people make a stupid decision at least once every single time they are drunk.  I have driven a vehicle probably 1000's of times more than I have been drunk, yet I have probably only made over a handfull of stupid decisions while driving.  (You can't count this theory for drinking and driving tho)  Hundreds of millions of people drive, and yes there are many many stupid drivers, which as I said before is because the majority of people are stupid.  But alcohol makes you even more stupid, driving doesn't.  Not to mention that driving becomes an important part of a person's life in America.  Every decent american citizens who doesn't live in NY city, will own a car and drive for most of their life.  A car is essential to most people, eg. to drive to work, school, store, out of town, etc.  Alcohol does nothing positive to a person's life.  which is why the age of becoming legally able to drive should logically be younger than the age of drinking alcohol legally.

No that wasn't my point with the guns.  My point was that a person does not think "hey I have an easy sure fire way to kill that guy, so I'm gonna do it", they think "I want to kill that person, what would be the best way to do it?"  In other words the thought process doesn't go:

man sees gun, man picks up gun, man decides to go kill another man

it goes like this

man decides to go kill a man, man sees gun, man picks up gun

If guns didn't exist, it would be something else.  replace gun with a blank spot and fill in whatever u like.

Like I said, most of the murders that happen with guns are done with illegal guns, guns used by people who are legally no able to permit a gun, or people who just don't plain flat out know how to handle a gun.  Pot is illegal here, yet I have been getting it for over 10 years at the snap of my fingers.  All drugs are illegal, yes most are extremely easy to get.  I've never looked to buy a gun on the black market, but I guarantee I could.  At least if guns are legal people can practice safely using them.  Making guns illegal is not the solution to the problem.  The people is the problem. 
  P

Jome

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2006, 12:30:39 AM »
I've been drunk a countless amount of times, and I have made many many stupid decisions while drunk.  Everybody makes stupid decisions when they are drunk, its just part of being drunk, in fact many people make a stupid decision at least once every single time they are drunk.  I have driven a vehicle probably 1000's of times more than I have been drunk, yet I have probably only made over a handfull of stupid decisions while driving.  (You can't count this theory for drinking and driving tho)  Hundreds of millions of people drive, and yes there are many many stupid drivers, which as I said before is because the majority of people are stupid.  But alcohol makes you even more stupid, driving doesn't.  Not to mention that driving becomes an important part of a person's life in America.  Every decent american citizens who doesn't live in NY city, will own a car and drive for most of their life.  A car is essential to most people, eg. to drive to work, school, store, out of town, etc.  Alcohol does nothing positive to a person's life.  which is why the age of becoming legally able to drive should logically be younger than the age of drinking alcohol legally.

Well, I wasn't comparing drinking to driving a car, if that's what you thought, driving doesn't make you drunk.
I'm saying, why are you grown enough to maneuver a 1000 kilo (++) vehicle at 16 years old, with all the countless risks involved here.. but you're not grown enough to drink alcohol at 18 years old, just doesn't make sense to most non-Americans.

No that wasn't my point with the guns.  My point was that a person does not think "hey I have an easy sure fire way to kill that guy, so I'm gonna do it", they think "I want to kill that person, what would be the best way to do it?"  In other words the thought process doesn't go:

man sees gun, man picks up gun, man decides to go kill another man

it goes like this

man decides to go kill a man, man sees gun, man picks up gun

If guns didn't exist, it would be something else.  replace gun with a blank spot and fill in whatever u like.

Like I said, most of the murders that happen with guns are done with illegal guns, guns used by people who are legally no able to permit a gun, or people who just don't plain flat out know how to handle a gun.  Pot is illegal here, yet I have been getting it for over 10 years at the snap of my fingers.  All drugs are illegal, yes most are extremely easy to get.  I've never looked to buy a gun on the black market, but I guarantee I could.  At least if guns are legal people can practice safely using them.  Making guns illegal is not the solution to the problem.  The people is the problem.    P

So, you're basically saying..
* Dream scenario - there's no illegal guns in society, and the people who own legal guns know how to use them safely during competitions/training.
* Real Life - People are dumb as fuck in general, illegal guns outnumbers the legal guns and it's easier accessible than the legal guns, and there's little to no control what-so-ever on the black market, inevitable resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths every month, all year around.

To stop illegal guns, you can't just say "Aight, only legal guns are allowed from now on", leads to pretty much nowhere, that dream scenario will stay just that.
You say yourself that any moron can go get a gun if he wants.. not where I'm from.. guns breed guns, the more legal guns in circulation, the more illegal guns there will be in circulation, it's all tied up.

acgrundy

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2006, 08:43:02 AM »
no you pretty much got me completely wrong on both points.  In my first point about the car/drunk scenario I pretty much completely explained the logical reasoning behind why the age of getting a drivers license is youger than the age of drinking.  Not quite sure how you missed that one.  I completely summed up why the risks of driving a car are better and more essential than the risks of drinking.

and the gun one, I don't know what you are saying, so no i'm not basically saying that.  I'm saying exactly what I said, not what you think I'm basically saying.  Again like I said before, there are millions of gun owners in the USA, yet there is thousands, not tens of thousands, deaths by guns in the usa each year.  Its not the guns, its the people, and if they didn't have guns they would use something else, eg. the unibomer, the oaklahoma city bombing, 9/11, running someone over, etc.