Author Topic: anyone have a wired ipod connection in their car.  (Read 162 times)

We Fly High

anyone have a wired ipod connection in their car.
« on: July 17, 2006, 02:27:54 AM »
anyone have a ipod connection in their car that directly connects to the aux of the stereo, instead of using a FM transmitter, or the tape cassette adapter. I need to get one ASAP. need some suggestions and feedback on how they work.

Digital Pimpin'

Re: anyone have a wired ipod connection in their car.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 04:33:51 AM »
If you have an Aux input you can use something like this:

One end from your headphone lead, one end to the Aux and that's it.

Most likely though, you'll have to take out the stereo and run a couple of wires from the speaker connectors to your pod. It depends how your car stereo connects to the speakers. You may end up fucking around with speaker wire or you can use:

The single end into your headphone jack and the other two into the left and right speaker channels. You will probably have to take the jacks off the L and R cables and connect the raw cables. I don't how you would do this, whether with a soldering iron or just plain twisting the two together.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 04:11:04 AM »
Edit: Fucking double post
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 04:58:25 AM by Digital Pimp »

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 12:48:26 AM »
nigga i stick mine in the tape deck on a 20 dollar adapter and it still fuckin slumps when u get the eq's how you like

coola

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 12:55:22 AM »
i've seen a video on you tube before, apparently it's expensive as fuck to get installed, and doesnt function as it should... (might depend on the car and deck)..

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 01:36:06 AM »
nigga i stick mine in the tape deck on a 20 dollar adapter and it still fuckin slumps when u get the eq's how you like

yeah i used to do that too, but for some reason my tape deck aint generatin audio anymore, and my cd player is located right next to the subs. so after like the cars been like 8 years old, the cd player becomes hella sensitive to the subs and i cant turn bass up too much or else it skips the cd. and also FM transmitters are hella weak in LA cos just aboute very station is occupied.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 02:00:56 AM »

funny... I used to hook mine up with the 9 dollar cassette adaptor and never had a problem

I just bought a new deck, a pioneer and got the adaptor.  What you want and need is one of the adaptors that has an ipod plug, like the one you use for firewire and charging, so it charges your ipod and the display is on the deck like mine. dont get an aux that plugs into the jack cuz youll only end up draining the battery.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 02:11:34 AM »
^ unless you can run power from the cigarette lighter from the IPod

Quality wise...

Real CD  >> MP3 CD / IPod via AUX >> IPod via Tape >> IPod via Radio

Personally i've got an MP3 CD headunit.. so i get tracknames in the dash etc etc..  can fit about 5 albums per disk.. or a massive bunch of favourites.. works good for me..

If I were in this situation i'd go for using the AUX input and get a 2x phono jack to headphone jack lead (the second one digital pimp posted) and then get a cigarette lighter to IPod power lead if such a think exists.. be surprised if it doesnt..

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 07:19:59 AM »
Yea I got a wire that connect form the aux to the ipod . u can use the wire from the back of your computer that connect the speakers thats what i used

We Fly High

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 09:11:39 AM »

funny... I used to hook mine up with the 9 dollar cassette adaptor and never had a problem

I just bought a new deck, a pioneer and got the adaptor.  What you want and need is one of the adaptors that has an ipod plug, like the one you use for firewire and charging, so it charges your ipod and the display is on the deck like mine. dont get an aux that plugs into the jack cuz youll only end up draining the battery.

what specific model is this? I'd be interested in taking a look at that. I think i do need to just get a new deck in my car, that'll solve the problems of cd skipping as well, and also i can just use the CDS in the front instead of in the trunk, and get the ipod.

Jome

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 09:48:38 PM »
I bought me a Pioneer DEH-P5600MP a year ago or so to hook up with my Creative Zen Touch, works dope as hell.  8)
Just told the guy who installed it that he should hook a AUX cable up for the mp3 player, he exchanged the stereo and put the AUX cable in place, in less than 5 minutes.

Seems like Pioneer DEH-P5800MP is the successor to my model:

Like Seer said, those "MP3 Player through your radio" thingys sounds like shit, as bad as most radio stations in a tunnel, AUX cables is the way to go.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 10:06:01 PM »
what specific model is this?

Pioneer In-Dash Player (DEHP4800MP)

with the ipod adaptor (another 50 bucks)

-KIDRENEGADE-

acgrundy

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 10:13:30 PM »
where does an aux cable hook up to?

Jome

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 10:45:31 PM »
^^ Back of the car stereo, then the cable comes out wherever it fits, or wherever it's suitable, depending on where you want your mp3 player to go/stand.

acgrundy

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »
do u think stock decks have the hookup in the back?