Author Topic: Lady of Rage on Why Dre Left Death Row Jan 13, 2012  (Read 1395 times)

Matty

Re: Lady of Rage on Why Dre Left Death Row Jan 13, 2012
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 05:41:29 AM »
lyrical structure, flow, mic prowess, technical abilities, punchlines....rage has all of these. GOAT female rapper, by far.

all above is good but what bout C-O-N-T-E-N-T?

So u disregard half the art of hiphop, the 2 tables and a mic roots of hiphop...and the fact Rage had a no bullshit approach by using her intelligence and skill to rhyme tighter and slicker than the next MC, and that she avoids fake gangsta persona shit

But you'd rate her higher if she sang the theme to Fresh Prince of Bel Air?

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 06:18:11 AM »
lyrical structure, flow, mic prowess, technical abilities, punchlines....rage has all of these. GOAT female rapper, by far.

all above is good but what bout C-O-N-T-E-N-T?

she's not a content rapper, she spits lyrical venom ala kurupt. not all emcees are about content. u got rappers who base their shit off flow, u got rappers who base their shit off subject, then u have rappers who base their shit off lyrical and technical emceeing abilities. she's the latter- a battle rapper. u dont listen to rage hoping to hear a message, u listen for the lyrical and structural rhymin abilities over dope productions.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 11:34:55 AM »
Rage's verse on that song from Sam Sneed's bootleg was fucking fire

tell me that ain't dope?

123imagee

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »

tell me that ain't dope?

Link Please  ;)

she's not a content rapper, she spits lyrical venom ala kurupt. not all emcees are about content. u got rappers who base their shit off flow, u got rappers who base their shit off subject, then u have rappers who base their shit off lyrical and technical emceeing abilities. she's the latter- a battle rapper. u dont listen to rage hoping to hear a message, u listen for the lyrical and structural rhymin abilities over dope productions.

So Rhymin´About How You´re Doper Than Others Makes You L-Y-R-I-C-A-L?
Peeps Say Pac Wasn´t Lyrical But Rage Is,Crooked Is,etc. Is That Because Pac Or Nas Never Rhyme Like: "Im Tha Dopest, Your Crew Gets Ripped, Wit Jus 1 Word, Ima Choke You Wit A Microhphone Chord" lol?

So Battle-Rappers=Lyrical Rappers?

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »

tell me that ain't dope?

Link Please  ;)

So Rhymin´About How You´re Doper Than Others Makes You L-Y-R-I-C-A-L?
Peeps Say Pac Wasn´t Lyrical But Rage Is,Crooked Is,etc. Is That Because Pac Or Nas Never Rhyme Like: "Im Tha Dopest, Your Crew Gets Ripped, Wit Jus 1 Word, Ima Choke You Wit A Microhphone Chord" lol?

So Battle-Rappers=Lyrical Rappers?

you're either ignoring what im saying or u simply dont understand it...im not saying what she rhymes about makes her dope. im saying her lyrical technique, meaning rhyme structure, flow, presence, mutlis, punchlines, metaphors...she doesnt say much, ur right, but her technique, structure, and prowess is unfuckwitable.

i also never said pac wasnt lyrical...pac could flip it any way u wanted.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
http://limelinx.com/bm6mu

smh @ saying Rage can't be deep

123imagee

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 12:24:22 AM »

Is It OG Of Confessions?The Only Song Where She Actually Says Something Besides "Yeah Lyrical Murderer, Microphone Bone Crusher,etc."

Will_B

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »
Lol at the ignorance in this thread

You can have accomplished lyricism even in 'battle' rappin. This ain't shit off the dome

Dudes need to clean the wax out they ears if they can't tell good from bad

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 12:46:10 AM »

Is It OG Of Confessions?The Only Song Where She Actually Says Something Besides "Yeah Lyrical Murderer, Microphone Bone Crusher,etc."

no idea but it's a fucking dope verse and dispels your thoughts of her not being deep

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 12:52:37 AM »
greatest female rapper of all time.

If Loren Hill wasn't so amazing I'd agree

lauren you mean?  she's not as good as Rage or Storm

MarshColin

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 01:07:50 AM »
Rage was and always will be dope as fuck on the mic. Because of her style though, I think that she would've been better off as a member of a group as opposed to being a solo artist. IMO she would've been a great fit as an official 3rd member of Tha Dogg Pound. Rage & RBX or Rage & Sam Sneed would've been great combos too. Seems like once she got some regular acting gigs she was more into that than being a rapper anyway.

123imagee

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 04:50:51 AM »
dispels your thoughts of her not being deep

w/ 1 Verse In Her Entire Career?C´Mon,Man

Will_B

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2013, 05:01:08 AM »
greatest female rapper of all time.

If Loren Hill wasn't so amazing I'd agree

lauren you mean?  she's not as good as Rage or Storm

Each to their own

I think she's one of the most intelligent and gifted spitters of all time, male or female

Okka

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »
Will, check your PM's.