Author Topic: Anyone ever been Tokoyo??..  (Read 122 times)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Anyone ever been Tokoyo??..
« on: July 18, 2006, 01:16:18 PM »
duno why but i really like the idea of goin out there and expirencing the culture. From what ive seen and watched everything out there just looks and seems so crazy with all the advanced technology in use and on sale etc.. So just wondering if anyone has ever had the opportunity to go over to Tokoyo or know someone who has.??

We Fly High

Re: Anyone ever been Tokoyo??..
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 04:23:13 PM »
ive been there awhile back... shit prob at leat 8 years ago.. but it was fun, prepare to spend a lot of money. but youre eating bomb ass food, hella dope clothes, attractive women, u know the whole nine...i dont really remember much of what i did there.. just a lot of electronics shopping. i was young too so i wasnt really thinking about going partying and shit.

acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 07:06:30 PM »
I used to play professional baseball with Matsui in tokeyo, that was of course until I decided to be a professional hitman.

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 08:53:14 AM »
i went there last year and i'm going again this x-mas. but from my experience, i prefered osaka. It's the second biggest city and it was just better. tokyo is good for a few days but i would recommend staying in osaka. The clubs in japan are fucking quality too but expensive alcohol and don't expect to be able to get ANY drugs, they're really frowned upon over there and impossible to get.

but like i said, if you want the real culture shock, go to osaka. there's a lot more tourists in tokyo so the people aren't really friendly however step into osaka and everyone wants to talk to you... that's the reason why i'll be leaving the brit army in 2 years to live in korea or japan for a few years.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »
ive been there awhile back... shit prob at leat 8 years ago.. but it was fun, prepare to spend a lot of money. but youre eating bomb ass food, hella dope clothes, attractive women, u know the whole nine...i dont really remember much of what i did there.. just a lot of electronics shopping. i was young too so i wasnt really thinking about going partying and shit.

yeh thats what i like to hear, from what ive seen the clothes do look dope like you said and the women ive seen are pretty fine  :) thanks for the reply homie..

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 10:20:30 AM »
i went there last year and i'm going again this x-mas. but from my experience, i prefered osaka. It's the second biggest city and it was just better. tokyo is good for a few days but i would recommend staying in osaka. The clubs in japan are fucking quality too but expensive alcohol and don't expect to be able to get ANY drugs, they're really frowned upon over there and impossible to get.

but like i said, if you want the real culture shock, go to osaka. there's a lot more tourists in tokyo so the people aren't really friendly however step into osaka and everyone wants to talk to you... that's the reason why i'll be leaving the brit army in 2 years to live in korea or japan for a few years.

cheers for the info man,, the clubbin in japan from what ive seen and heard is pretty crazy.. + never knew about osaka being the 2nd biggest city.. ill def keep it in mind  :)

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 06:31:44 AM »
Basically tokyo is just like any other capital, the people all have the big city mentality and don't have time for anyone, however osaka is where you'll see the real japanese culture. it was just a shame that when i went to a club they serve beer in normal coke can sizes....asking for a pint of asahi was out of the question, thus i bought 6 at a time, downed 3 there and then, then carried 3 for a bit. you'll notice that japanese don't binge drink like other countries (esp. the english :D
   but yeah the clothes are like 5 - 10 years ahead of anywhere else, i bought some jeans there for £250 (about $450), i saw them a month before in a famous shop in london for £500 ($900) so i thought it would'a been rude not to get them in japan) - Yen Jeans by Michiko Koshino, the best denim designer there is in the world....  8)

anyway, i'll def be going back this xmas, the summer was great, but fuck it was humin, thankfully EVERYWHERE is air conditioned, i'll be going back to check out the snowboard culture, hitting the beaches and shit was great, but now for the snow!

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 09:56:04 AM »
Basically tokyo is just like any other capital, the people all have the big city mentality and don't have time for anyone, however osaka is where you'll see the real japanese culture. it was just a shame that when i went to a club they serve beer in normal coke can sizes....asking for a pint of asahi was out of the question, thus i bought 6 at a time, downed 3 there and then, then carried 3 for a bit. you'll notice that japanese don't binge drink like other countries (esp. the english :D
   but yeah the clothes are like 5 - 10 years ahead of anywhere else, i bought some jeans there for £250 (about $450), i saw them a month before in a famous shop in london for £500 ($900) so i thought it would'a been rude not to get them in japan) - Yen Jeans by Michiko Koshino, the best denim designer there is in the world....  8)

anyway, i'll def be going back this xmas, the summer was great, but fuck it was humin, thankfully EVERYWHERE is air conditioned, i'll be going back to check out the snowboard culture, hitting the beaches and shit was great, but now for the snow!

yeh cool dude.. definatley got me thinking alot harder about heading out there within a year..  :)