Author Topic: what's up with all these beats sounding the same?  (Read 669 times)

Throwback

Re: what's up with all these beats sounding the same?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 10:01:06 AM »
you've been living undernweath a rock for the last 5 years?

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 10:19:57 AM »
I listnen to Jim Rome or espn

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 12:03:55 PM »
if you mean avoiding the radio, yes I have been

Do yourself a favor and listen to talk radio.
640 WGST.
traffic on the 5's
lol
i dont get it, why is that funny?
the traffic on the 5's cracked me up for some reason  :)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 02:31:10 PM »
i 'm sick of hearing all these choppy, generic, casio key board sounds. what ever happened to being smoooooth?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

hempkside2

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 04:27:07 AM »
Its normal if you ask me. Same shit was in the whole GFunk/ Death Row era. All the beats sounded the same back then too.

Amen.  It will never stop being ironic to me that the dudes who complain about how the West ain't on top now don't appreciate that THAT is the reason why.

Also, who said they hear Lil Jon synths on the radio?  IMO, what everyone's doing now is the sped-up soul sampling shit that Kanye has made popular.
You fucken disrepectful whore!!show some RESPECT TO THE RZA NIGGA!!!west said he bit of the RZA.so how he made something the WU-production been doing for years...young lost souls like yourself dont know shit.just talking shit.thats why hiphop is dead.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2006, 06:33:41 AM »
Its normal if you ask me. Same shit was in the whole GFunk/ Death Row era. All the beats sounded the same back then too.

Amen.  It will never stop being ironic to me that the dudes who complain about how the West ain't on top now don't appreciate that THAT is the reason why.

Also, who said they hear Lil Jon synths on the radio?  IMO, what everyone's doing now is the sped-up soul sampling shit that Kanye has made popular.
You fucken disrepectful whore!!show some RESPECT TO THE RZA NIGGA!!!west said he bit of the RZA.so how he made something the WU-production been doing for years...young lost souls like yourself dont know shit.just talking shit.thats why hiphop is dead.
what and kanye didnt make it popular? nobody listens to the rza to have noticed what he was doing

Diabolical

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 07:14:05 AM »

word.

Eihtball

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 08:26:19 AM »

LOL, you mad, kid?  Calling me a "young lost soul"?  I'm obviously older than you, son.

I ain't disrespecting anyone's style...I'm disrespecting the biters who have copied RZA/Kanye's style to get airplay.  That ain't the same thing.  Shut the fuck up and do not talk down to the GOD again, cracker.  I am a superior being to you.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 08:37:59 AM »

LOL, you mad, kid?  Calling me a "young lost soul"?  I'm obviously older than you, son.

I ain't disrespecting anyone's style...I'm disrespecting the biters who have copied RZA/Kanye's style to get airplay.  That ain't the same thing.  Shut the fuck up and do not talk down to the GOD again, cracker.  I am a superior being to you.
Dipset Bitch

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 08:47:43 AM »
marley marl was using sped up samples before anyone i can remember. havent listened to the radio in years.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2006, 10:17:31 AM »

Yup. It all sounds the same becuz that's the style now. Everybody wanna use the same producers. Once one song is a hit and the beat is catchy, everybody gonna want a hit so they gonna make their song sound like anothers so it'll be big.

Yung Joc 'It's Goin Down' = Yung Joc ' I Know You See It'
Neyo 'So Sick' = Neyo 'Sexy Love'
Beyonce Jay Z 'Crazy In Love = Beyonce Jay Z 'Deja Vu'
Ying Yang Twins 'Wait' = David Banner 'Play'

etc. etc.

It's kinda sad how an artist makes their own songs some similar :laugh:

hempkside2

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2006, 12:20:21 AM »

young punk go study your art.you sounding mad stupid boy....how you put west ::) in front of rza,hell!like my man said, marley marl kicked alot of that shit off......young ass trick,staten island is where that style started off.(pe,rza,wu-production...........marley marl(QUEENS)...now can u buy that, fucken rookie.........and everybody here knows im a nigga homie.so what you want.hiphop101 ass nigga.

Eihtball

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 08:05:15 AM »
^^^^ Man what the fuck?  You done contradicted yourselt twice in that post, son.

You just got too much misplaced anger.  You ain't worth my time, faggot.  The GOD ignores crackers who wanna be niggas.

Lil BC POWDA

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 09:08:48 AM »
Everything sounds the same because theres no real musicians making music!  You got all these 808s and anolog claps and snaps!  These simple ass synth patterns!  Anybody can do that!  Wheres the creativity at?  I'ma be honest wit you the real producers are the ones who can play instruments and creative MUSIC!  BattleCat plays all instruments, DJ Quik plays all instruments, Terrace Martin, Lt Hutton, Jelly Roll, Fredwreck, Soopafly etc.  Even producers like Hi Tek, Focus, Mel Man, Neptunes, Timbaland, Denaun Porter of D-12, all of Outkast's porducers, Raphael Saadiq!  These are the ones that are using their God givin gift to CREATE!  Nowadays these dudes are using music generators, clicking on the computer, calling themselves producers! They ain't got not one keyboard, drum machine nothing!  We need to get back to the being musicians not FRUITY LOOPERS!

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 10:43:12 AM »

Ying Yang Twins 'Wait' = David Banner 'Play'

It's kinda sad how an artist makes their own songs some similar :laugh:

= Bubba Sparxxx - 'Ms. New Booty' and every other track on the radio thats got a Mr. Collipark beat.

and hopefully we will never hear from D4L or Dem Franchize Boyz that music is destroying radio 100X worse than anyone else is