Author Topic: what's up with all these beats sounding the same?  (Read 688 times)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: what's up with all these beats sounding the same?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 12:45:16 PM »
Fuck rap stations I only listen to Rock on the radio.

teecee

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 01:26:13 PM »
Hempskide2, Rza rarely did sped-up soul samples, at least not in the  way Kanye did it.  However, did Kanye take some iof his style from RZA???  Of course, that is easy to see for fans that actually been down with the Wu since day 1.  However, to say Kanye's music sounds similar to anything Rza has done is a little farfetched.  And even if Rza was doing it, it wasn't his signature sound like it is Kanye's. And really, producers ALWAYS been incorporating eithger funk or soul samples, way before RZA, so to say Kanye stole from RZa is ridiculous.  And really,

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 01:38:06 PM »
Everything sounds the same because theres no real musicians making music!  You got all these 808s and anolog claps and snaps!  These simple ass synth patterns!  Anybody can do that!  Wheres the creativity at?  I'ma be honest wit you the real producers are the ones who can play instruments and creative MUSIC!  BattleCat plays all instruments, DJ Quik plays all instruments, Terrace Martin, Lt Hutton, Jelly Roll, Fredwreck, Soopafly etc.  Even producers like Hi Tek, Focus, Mel Man, Neptunes, Timbaland, Denaun Porter of D-12, all of Outkast's porducers, Raphael Saadiq!  These are the ones that are using their God givin gift to CREATE!  Nowadays these dudes are using music generators, clicking on the computer, calling themselves producers! They ain't got not one keyboard, drum machine nothing!  We need to get back to the being musicians not FRUITY LOOPERS!

i agree 100%

i've been saying this for years.  people are slowly getting more and more tired of this current state of music. watch you'll see more artists going towards something new. rap will always be around , like metal, punk, and soul music ...but i see another genre coming up . i see more artists gravitating towards being more like the gorillaz and gnarls barkley

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 10:47:09 PM »
LIL JON= Death of hip hop\rap

he is the the perfect example of a producer that probably couldnt play an instrument to save his life....But hes damn good hitting that "horn" Button. Hes also perfected the art of YEAHHHHHHHHHH

The Best of 3 Worlds

hempkside2

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2006, 01:45:08 AM »
Its normal if you ask me. Same shit was in the whole GFunk/ Death Row era. All the beats sounded the same back then too.

Amen.  It will never stop being ironic to me that the dudes who complain about how the West ain't on top now don't appreciate that THAT is the reason why.

Also, who said they hear Lil Jon synths on the radio?  IMO, what everyone's doing now is the sped-up soul sampling shit that Kanye has made popular.
You fucken disrepectful whore!!show some RESPECT TO THE RZA NIGGA!!!west said he bit of the RZA.so how he made something the WU-production been doing for years...young lost souls like yourself dont know shit.just talking shit.thats why hiphop is dead.
what and kanye didnt make it popular? nobody listens to the rza to have noticed what he was doing
like I said lost souls. :-X

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2006, 02:43:17 AM »
Lost Souls? What was there biggest hit?  ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2006, 04:06:44 PM »
I think there are enough different sounding beats but yeat alot still do sound the same  :-\

hempkside2

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2006, 01:10:50 PM »
Lost Souls? What was there biggest hit?  ;D
that bullshit u spit.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2006, 11:22:33 PM »

he is the the perfect example of a producer that probably couldnt play an instrument to save his life....But hes damn good hitting that "horn" Button. Hes also perfected the art of YEAHHHHHHHHHH

Actually Lil Jon is a monster on the guitar and can make some very good r&b tracks when thats what is needed (not like the Usher single, I mean actual melodic r&b shit). Besides, a producer does not need to play an instrument, thats not necesarily what a producer does. For instance, Dre is a producer, but does not necessarily make the beat. Quincy Jones produced the Thriller album but did not play a single note on the record.

J Bananas

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2008, 01:26:12 AM »
so how diverse is urban radio in 2008?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 02:36:23 AM »
LOL half of the posters in this thread got banned.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 09:33:04 AM »
actually the musics gotten better , way more instrumentation now then it was back in 93 ..

HIP HOP MUSIC HAS ALWAYS BEEN 100% A PRODUCERS GAME.. without a hot beat, you could have the sickest lyrics your shit will go wood and people wont play it

think about if you had nas spitting his ether lyrics to chicken noodle soup or
DMX spitting where the hood at over D4L laffy taffy

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2008, 02:45:44 PM »
yeah there's not really a song on the radio i like they're starting to play older songs mixed in with the new just to grab listeners now i've noticed

yeh, that's fucked up...last week i heard a remix of Chris Brown's "With You" over Quik's "Dollaz & Sense" beat :-X And don't nobody know DJ Quik here so they think it's new lol
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 02:47:59 PM by ANIKI »

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2008, 02:52:13 PM »

Actually Lil Jon is a monster on the guitar and can make some very good r&b tracks when thats what is needed (not like the Usher single, I mean actual melodic r&b shit). Besides, a producer does not need to play an instrument, thats not necesarily what a producer does. For instance, Dre is a producer, but does not necessarily make the beat. Quincy Jones produced the Thriller album but did not play a single note on the record.

I like how he recreated Clint Mansell's "Lux Aeterna" in "Throw It Up" Ft. Pastor Troy..That melody is dope !

J Bananas

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 01:24:51 AM »
^^^I just realized that, you're right haha
Requiem for a Dream theme  :D