Author Topic: 5 GUYS TO BLOW UP  (Read 1365 times)

WestCoasta

Re: 5 GUYS TO BLOW UP
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 10:58:10 PM »
In the past 10 years 5 different rappers from the west haven't blown up, how the hell would you expect 5 in the next 6 months?
seriously... people don't get that it's not gonna happen

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 10:59:51 PM »
Ya Boy
The only one that will blow up

The Best of 3 Worlds

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 11:00:53 PM »
Ya Boy
that's a reach...

define how he would blow up, serious question, I'm curious

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 11:03:18 PM »
Ya Boy
that's a reach...

define how he would blow up, serious question, I'm curious

His affiliation with Game for starters, just his presence on the mic along with his filthy punchlines and metaphors he has what it takes!

WestCoasta

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 11:04:52 PM »
^^^ ya but you think the general retarded ass public and dumb lil slutty girls will like it?

when someone says blow up, I'm thinkin 50 Cent blow up

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 11:06:13 PM »
^^^ ya but you think the general retarded ass public and dumb lil slutty girls will like it?

Well no he will never blow up like 50 Cent thats for sure, but he has the potential to be a gold selling artist, I know thats difficult but you never know.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 11:10:12 PM »
Lucc, Murs, Bishop ,

acgrundy

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 11:12:26 PM »
Some of you people really have no clue when it comes to business

NOBODY is gonna blow up just on their skills and music alone, NOBODY

They also have to have a great image, a good background story helps.  They have to be accepted by young teenage boys and GIRLS, and that needs to be their biggest fanbase.

They HAVE to have at least one very big radio and video hit.  And by very big radio hit, no I don't mean "Yeah they play it on Power 106 all the time".  And just because you think a song sounds like it could be that radio hit, and yes it very well should be and could be very obvious, the main point is, is that it has to be on the radio.  Thousands of songs are trying to get major airplay, yet time is a factor.  So it goes well beyond just how good a song is.  You need to know someone.  Money is most likely a factor.  Remember, nothing comes free, there is oportunity cost in everything Whether its money, a kickback, a favor, promotion, etc.

You need connections.  You need money, major money to spend on promotion.  Millions of dollars.  You need to promote yourself.  You've got to get on shows like Leno, Radio shows, magazine interviews, fuck it Oprah if you have to.

Sure, yeah, its been done before without some of those things.  But the odds of doing that is like the odds of getting into the NBA straight from highschool and getting a huge contract.  Sure its done, but very rarely.  And what does just about every rapper on the westcoast lack?  The answer is "D" all of the above.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 11:14:08 PM »

If thats your idea of blowing up, then NOBODY Will ever blow up ever again east west north or south.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 11:25:15 PM »

They also have to have a great image, a good background story helps.  They have to be accepted by young teenage boys and GIRLS, and that needs to be their biggest fanbase.

They HAVE to have at least one very big radio and video hit.  And by very big radio hit, no I don't mean "Yeah they play it on Power 106 all the time".  And just because you think a song sounds like it could be that radio hit, and yes it very well should be and could be very obvious, the main point is, is that it has to be on the radio.  Thousands of songs are trying to get major airplay, yet time is a factor.  So it goes well beyond just how good a song is.  You need to know someone.  Money is most likely a factor.  Remember, nothing comes free, there is oportunity cost in everything Whether its money, a kickback, a favor, promotion, etc.

You need connections.  You need money, major money to spend on promotion.  Millions of dollars.  You need to promote yourself.  You've got to get on shows like Leno, Radio shows, magazine interviews, fuck it Oprah if you have to.

Sure, yeah, its been done before without some of those things.  But the odds of doing that is like the odds of getting into the NBA straight from highschool and getting a huge contract.  Sure its done, but very rarely.  And what does just about every rapper on the westcoast lack?  The answer is "D" all of the above.
To sum up what you just said, you've got to get your hustle on and know the music industry. Espically out West were no one gives a damn about you unless your name is Snoop Dogg or you're rolling with Dr. Dre.

kingwell

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 11:48:58 PM »

I think we are assuming all these artists will get the right promotion and opportunities based on their skill.  Otherwise, there would be no point and fun to this thread.

WestCoasta

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 01:02:53 AM »

exactly man, I've said that before

if an artist is gonna blow up, he needs major "shove it down your throat" backing from a company

WestCoasta

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2006, 01:04:01 AM »
I think we are assuming all these artists will get the right promotion and opportunities based on their skill.  Otherwise, there would be no point and fun to this thread.
fun?

so you're putting your faith in the grimey sneaky back stabbing recording business?

you're in for a let down buddy

oorbeek

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 02:24:39 AM »
people on the west dont blow up anymore, they sell 100,000 mixtapes then fall of the face of the planet
Well yeah, but there must be an exception to the rule out there

oorbeek

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 02:26:57 AM »
In the past 10 years 5 different rappers from the west haven't blown up, how the hell would you expect 5 in the next 6 months?
I don't expect 5. Hell, if only one blows up that would be amazing. What I'm asking though is, if you had to put your money of 5 MC's, who would you pick. I mean, if 1 of them blows up that would be amazing. I'm just asking which guys have the most chance.