Author Topic: who here studies law ?  (Read 266 times)

coola

who here studies law ?
« on: July 22, 2006, 10:59:44 AM »
what would happen, if a drunk guy was being rowdy and offensive, and starting fights with people... then when a sober person tries to calm him down, he takes a swing, so the sober person swings back, and knocks the drunk out, he hits his head and dies...

is it self defense or man slaughter ?

J Bananas

Re: who here studies law ?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 11:05:23 AM »
well, i dont study law per se but i've had a lot of courtroom experience and my daddy was a chp for some time. in America it all depends how good your scumbag lawyer is. a case like that seems pretty cut and dry though its self defense, plus sober pretty much always >>>>drunk in court, i hope youre not going thru this rite now are you?

coola

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 11:26:59 AM »
^ nah man, it's all just hypothetical ;)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 01:00:50 PM »
what would happen, if a drunk guy was being rowdy and offensive, and starting fights with people... then when a sober person tries to calm him down, he takes a swing, so the sober person swings back, and knocks the drunk out, he hits his head and dies...

this is involuntary manslaughter...
it's involuntary..because the person who hit the sober man didn't mean to kill him....and manslaughter because you kill him by him hitting his head. very different with murder.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 01:08:23 PM »
self defense is always really hard to prove,  especially in a case of sober v. drunk

it's involuntary..because the person who hit the sober man didn't mean to kill him....and manslaughter because you kill him by him hitting his head. very different with murder.

been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

coola

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 03:11:50 AM »

so would someone get any time for involuntary manslaughter ?

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 04:09:08 AM »

not in the case above

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 08:16:57 PM »
Imo thats 100% self defense

coola

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 10:35:52 PM »
^ thats my opinion too... but some up tight people i know think otherwise...

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 12:23:36 AM »

yes as matter of fact...could up to any years if determined sentences (normally up to 10 years) undetermined sentence is given...(range can be anywhere 5 to 10 years.)
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

coola

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 01:15:44 AM »
^ what if it was in self defence ? and there were more than 5 witnesses ? and the reaction to the swing was in an instant ? and the person that defended themself stayed with the drunk until the ambulance arrived ? and didnt flee the scene ? and admitted to hitting the cunt ? what then ?

'EclipZe

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 03:10:03 AM »
if this happened in the netherlands you need to be in jail from monday till friday for like 8 months and you can stay at home every saturday and sunday.

in youre jail you will have a TV, PC and a PS2