Author Topic: Ice Cube talks on NWA reunion - "Ren is ready, I'm ready"  (Read 3486 times)

Frost67

• Lil Geezy
Ice Cube talks on NWA reunion - "Ren is ready, I'm ready"
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:08:14 AM »
Peace' Dub CC.
Ice Cube was a guest on Friday on Radio 1 in the UK.
He was asked about an NWA reunion and this is what he said.
"We are waiting on Dr Dre, its all on Dre. We are waiting on his call. We are all ready to do it, Ren is ready, I'm ready."

Will attempt to convert the audio and post it.
You maybe able to listen again at www.bbc.co.uk/radio1

EvO.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: Ice Cube talks on NWA reunion - "Ren is ready, I'm ready"
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:12:43 AM »
Thanx on the info, it should be great, but I don't know why I'm not really hyped up.Maybe because I have doubts.Hope it happens tho
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 03:20:10 AM »
it would be too good to be true..

maybe there will be 1 nwa track on detox

'EclipZe

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 03:21:14 AM »
^ if that ever comes.

Frost67

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 03:23:10 AM »
Peace eazye & Oklin.
Cube also said "Dre is the music behind NWA"
Hope Dre does put an NWA track on Detox, that 1 song could force the re-union.

EvO.

ABN

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 03:27:46 AM »
i actually hope that they donīt put out another NWA album coz it can only go downhill. coz Cube and Ren arenīt the rappers they used to be and Renīs actually wack as fuck these days so they should just leave the NWA legacy alone.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 03:30:34 AM »
i actually hope that they donīt put out another NWA album coz it can only go downhill. coz Cube and Ren arenīt the rappers they used to be and Renīs actually wack as fuck these days so they should just leave the NWA legacy alone.

maybe... but just 1 track on detox would be dope

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 03:33:52 AM »

Totally. When I was a little bit younger I was really amped for this project, but not so much anymore. Let's be real: these guys don't really have that same "attitude" anymore. They're all living comfortably and in their late-30's (or 40's, in Dre's case). Could be a bit too old to be rapping things like "fuck the police" all over again. I'm not doubting that they could still make some good music together, as I'm sure they could, but it would never sound as fresh and have the same impact that the original group did. I say, preserve the legacy and leave it well alone.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Frost67

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 03:34:45 AM »
I actually agree that it could ruin the legacy.
But it would be dope.
Especially if they got Lil Eazy E to replace his father.

EvO.

Raphael

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 03:45:12 AM »
i dont know why but im really hyped up :D but i dont think it will happen :'(

ABN

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 03:49:51 AM »
I actually agree that it could ruin the legacy.
But it would be dope.
Especially if they got Lil Eazy E to replace his father.

EvO.
if they wanna make dope music they shouldnīt let Lil E anywhere near the tracks.

Frost67

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 06:11:18 AM »
Maybe use some unheard Eazy E verses then.
But it would be good to put Lil Eazy on a track to introduce him.
Only right imo, if he's Eazy's 100% son.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 06:33:20 AM »
I don't think it's going to happen. It's easy for them to say we're waiting on Dre because they don't have the responsibilities Dre has.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 06:37:29 AM »

Totally. When I was a little bit younger I was really amped for this project, but not so much anymore. Let's be real: these guys don't really have that same "attitude" anymore. They're all living comfortably and in their late-30's (or 40's, in Dre's case). Could be a bit too old to be rapping things like "fuck the police" all over again. I'm not doubting that they could still make some good music together, as I'm sure they could, but it would never sound as fresh and have the same impact that the original group did. I say, preserve the legacy and leave it well alone.

Real talk 100% agreed!!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 08:37:22 AM »

Real talk 100% agreed!!

True indeed.

But really doe, in every interview they ask Cube about an NWA reunion, and in every interview the answer is the same. It's been like that for years now. I don't even think Dre wants to do it, apart from maybe a song or two. Nevermind the old, always going for the new, and all that...