Author Topic: Ice Cube talks on NWA reunion - "Ren is ready, I'm ready"  (Read 3512 times)

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Ice Cube talks on NWA reunion - "Ren is ready, I'm ready"
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 08:45:04 AM »
i actually hope that they donīt put out another NWA album coz it can only go downhill. coz Cube and Ren arenīt the rappers they used to be and Renīs actually wack as fuck these days so they should just leave the NWA legacy alone.

Dope news!  Hopefully they get Yella on board.  Cube and Ren may not be able to spit like they could in 88-89 but it is not like they couldn't get motivated to do so.  You don't completely loose your ability to write good rhymes unless your name is Kurupt.

Whens the last time you heard an MC Ren track?

IMO he killed his apperance on Chronic 2001.
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

Fiyah

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 08:45:41 AM »
i actually hope that they donīt put out another NWA album coz it can only go downhill. coz Cube and Ren arenīt the rappers they used to be and Renīs actually wack as fuck these days so they should just leave the NWA legacy alone.

excactly

hempkside2

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 08:54:37 AM »
yella,cube,ren,dre,lil.e

hempkside2

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 08:55:32 AM »
i forgot the DOC.

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 09:07:56 AM »
yella,cube,ren,dre,lil.e

I dunno about Lil E.  He doesn't have the same swagger as his pops but at least he sounds somewhat like him.  At least that is better then including Snoop like they originally wanted to.  Eazy would roll over in his grave being replaced by Snoop Dogg.

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 09:15:08 AM »
uh yeah...Cube has been talking about a reunion since "Friday After Next" and the "Peace Disc" dropped and probably before that, and it always seems to come bacc to lazy ass Dre. If they sittin around waiting on Dre to do anything, then they gonna be some waiting muthafuccaz..Imagine if Cube waited on Dre to produce Laugh Now, Cry Later...the shit would still be "in the works" and probably wouldn't have come out until 2009. Don't hold your breath waiting for this project or Detox, as each project will probably never come out because of one lazy muthafucca...Cube should go ahead and try and get a Westside Connection reunion going if anything

I'm not really excited about this project either..bacc in the 90's it would have been great newz, but now it's like eh....plus, I don't think they should come out with an album anyway...Without Eazy, it's not gonna be the same..Lil Eazy won't cut for me either..Using some unreleased traccs from Eazy might work

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 09:23:48 AM »
uh yeah...Cube has been talking about a reunion since "Friday After Next" and the "Peace Disc" dropped and probably before that, and it always seems to come bacc to lazy ass Dre. If they sittin around waiting on Dre to do anything, then they gonna be some waiting muthafuccaz..Imagine if Cube waited on Dre to produce Laugh Now, Cry Later...the shit would still be "in the works" and probably wouldn't have come out until 2009. Don't hold your breath waiting for this project or Detox, as each project will probably never come out because of one lazy muthafucca...Cube should go ahead and try and get a Westside Connection reunion going if anything

I'm not really excited about this project either..bacc in the 90's it would have been great newz, but now it's like eh....plus, I don't think they should come out with an album anyway...Without Eazy, it's not gonna be the same..Lil Eazy won't cut for me either..Using some unreleased traccs from Eazy might work

Lazy ass Dre?  Homay, he has alot on his plate.  I do find it funny that people call him lazy when they don't know or take into consideration what he is working on.  The real problem is not being lazy, it is being a perfectionist.  Part of the reason he is a perfectionist is because of people, like you, who have alot of hate in your blood.  If it is not top notch, people will hate because he is Dr. Dre.  That is what takes so long.

When Cube was doing Laugh Now Cry Later Dre was working on Busta's album, working with Raekwon on Cuban Linx II and trying to sign him, did tracks with Game/Crooked I/ Lil Eazy/Mobb Deep/50/Snoop.  That doesn't include working with Jay on his album and working on getting an Eve album out.  So again, how is he lazy?  Just because one guy decides he wants to do the album doesn't mean Dre should clear everything off his plate to do it.

WestCoasta

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 09:26:57 AM »
bad move, I don't blame Dre for not wanting to fuck with it

kinda stupid, just leave NWA alone

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 09:44:36 AM »
would be dope, but i heard the same story aboutt 2 years ago. I dont believe in it anymore

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 09:46:45 AM »

Lazy ass Dre?  Homay, he has alot on his plate.  I do find it funny that people call him lazy when they don't know or take into consideration what he is working on.  The real problem is not being lazy, it is being a perfectionist.  Part of the reason he is a perfectionist is because of people, like you, who have alot of hate in your blood.  If it is not top notch, people will hate because he is Dr. Dre.  That is what takes so long.

When Cube was doing Laugh Now Cry Later Dre was working on Busta's album, working with Raekwon on Cuban Linx II and trying to sign him, did tracks with Game/Crooked I/ Lil Eazy/Mobb Deep/50/Snoop.  That doesn't include working with Jay on his album and working on getting an Eve album out.  So again, how is he lazy?  Just because one guy decides he wants to do the album doesn't mean Dre should clear everything off his plate to do it.

I don't give a fucc who you are and what kind of "special talent" you have, it DOES NOT take 7+ years to put out 1 album and to produce 4 or 5 songs here and there at his leisure....Cube waited on Dre for a couple of years to do his album and before that he was suppose to be signing to Aftermath, but said the numbers weren't right and that Dre was always "too busy"...Hell, even 50 said he had to go ahead and release "The Massacare" (or traccs from it) himself, cuz he grew tired of waiting on Dre to finish work on his album. He shelved Game before putting him on G-Unit cuz he didn't know what to do with him....Eve left before stating that Dre took too long and other reasons...It took Busta a long ass time to finnally release his album, after losing buzz from "Touch It"...The nigga iz lazy and he gets more credit for alot of shit he doesn't deserve..Granted he makes good music, but you guyz put this dude on a pedastel, like he can do no wrong....Nobody should have to sit around and wait year after year after year for 1 dude to make up his mind

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

Inspire / Moss

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.DUBCNN.com
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 10:02:29 AM »
As much as i love NWA n their shit, it could never be the same without Eazy, not even with Lil E in his place, NWA is a legacy, why fuck with it when theres nothing left to prove?  :-\

~ Westcoast News Network ~

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 11:03:47 AM »
I was ready in 2000 when they did hello and chin checkbut almosy 7 years later, i dont realy wana see it. I would rather see a ice cube record with Dre beats or a mc ren record with Dre beats but like a previous poster said, they all wll in thetrre 40s it just woulnt be the same.

Call this crazy but id rather see Lil Eazy, Hood surgeon, The game and someone else take youre pick have a younger version of nwa with appreances frm cube,ren and dre ( yes i know lil eazy and game got beef)

That i would rather see it ouwld be frsh but at the same time would still be legacy.

Lil eazy= eazy
Hood= Dre
Game= Ice cube
take youre pick  = Mv ren

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:07:10 AM by Mtl Iz activ »

westkoastanostra

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006, 11:06:31 AM »
naw fuck a NWA reunion...dude's are almost in there 40s (w/ dre already in his 40s)  back in 2000 they weren't that old and they were still spitters but now it just aint the same....and yea i agree ren is wack as fuck now...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 11:15:26 AM »
uh yeah...Cube has been talking about a reunion since "Friday After Next" and the "Peace Disc" dropped and probably before that, and it always seems to come bacc to lazy ass Dre. If they sittin around waiting on Dre to do anything, then they gonna be some waiting muthafuccaz
This was always the issue when it came to an N.W.A. reunion album. You've got to question whether Dre even wants to do a reunion, because he doesn't seem too eager about this project even by his standards.
And LOL at anyone who thinks Lil Eazy-E should replace Eazy-E on this album.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 12:17:07 PM »
Dre on the beats
CUBE N REN and LIL EAZY