Author Topic: Ice Cube talks on NWA reunion - "Ren is ready, I'm ready"  (Read 3513 times)

ruthless95rip

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Ice Cube talks on NWA reunion - "Ren is ready, I'm ready"
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »
would be nice to see the group back together.  I wonder how big of a impact it would make .

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 12:57:28 PM »
I'm not hating but I don't think this is EVER gonna happen considering Dre's agenda over the past years, hell it's still uncertain whether Detox is gonna drop or not!

If there was a right time for this it would be back in 2000/2001 after the Next Friday soundtrack dropped it's simply too late now IMO, even though it would be interesting ofcourse...

And I don't mind Lil' E or even Snoop appearing on a NWA reunion album but people always tend to forget about one person: DJ YELLA... and for some reason I don't see Dre and him working together again!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 01:29:12 PM »
Ice Cube's full of shit.  He's said this same shit for years now.

He even did an interview once where he said Dre won't talk to him or work with him, then Dre said in an interview the next week that he had gave Cube a tape with 5 beats on it and was waiting for Cube to call him back.

Nobody in NWA has an attitude anymore.  I think they should just do it as a novelty thing, every once in a while a song or two.  Something on Detox might be nice, but a whole album would be too much in my opinion.

If Cube, Ren, & Dre want to work together there's no reason it has to be an "n.w.a." project

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 01:39:19 PM »
Ice Cube's full of shit.  He's said this same shit for years now.

He even did an interview once where he said Dre won't talk to him or work with him, then Dre said in an interview the next week that he had gave Cube a tape with 5 beats on it and was waiting for Cube to call him back.

Nobody in NWA has an attitude anymore.  I think they should just do it as a novelty thing, every once in a while a song or two.  Something on Detox might be nice, but a whole album would be too much in my opinion.

If Cube, Ren, & Dre want to work together there's no reason it has to be an "n.w.a." project

true it could be called anything, plus youre idea of a song on detox is just fin, thing is ren and cube will be like 50 by the time it comes out and Jay-z will have time to unretire and retire again.

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 01:42:23 PM »
Raps gonna have to get old eventually; so Cube and Ren will have to be doing something when they're 50.  Look @ Slick Rick... LOL

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 03:07:35 PM »
uh yeah...Cube has been talking about a reunion since "Friday After Next" and the "Peace Disc" dropped and probably before that, and it always seems to come bacc to lazy ass Dre. If they sittin around waiting on Dre to do anything, then they gonna be some waiting muthafuccaz..Imagine if Cube waited on Dre to produce Laugh Now, Cry Later...the shit would still be "in the works" and probably wouldn't have come out until 2009. Don't hold your breath waiting for this project or Detox, as each project will probably never come out because of one lazy muthafucca...Cube should go ahead and try and get a Westside Connection reunion going if anything

I'm not really excited about this project either..bacc in the 90's it would have been great newz, but now it's like eh....plus, I don't think they should come out with an album anyway...Without Eazy, it's not gonna be the same..Lil Eazy won't cut for me either..Using some unreleased traccs from Eazy might work

Lazy ass Dre?  Homay, he has alot on his plate.  I do find it funny that people call him lazy when they don't know or take into consideration what he is working on.  The real problem is not being lazy, it is being a perfectionist.  Part of the reason he is a perfectionist is because of people, like you, who have alot of hate in your blood.  If it is not top notch, people will hate because he is Dr. Dre.  That is what takes so long.

When Cube was doing Laugh Now Cry Later Dre was working on Busta's album, working with Raekwon on Cuban Linx II and trying to sign him, did tracks with Game/Crooked I/ Lil Eazy/Mobb Deep/50/Snoop.  That doesn't include working with Jay on his album and working on getting an Eve album out.  So again, how is he lazy?  Just because one guy decides he wants to do the album doesn't mean Dre should clear everything off his plate to do it.

I don't give a fucc who you are and what kind of "special talent" you have, it DOES NOT take 7+ years to put out 1 album and to produce 4 or 5 songs here and there at his leisure....Cube waited on Dre for a couple of years to do his album and before that he was suppose to be signing to Aftermath, but said the numbers weren't right and that Dre was always "too busy"...Hell, even 50 said he had to go ahead and release "The Massacare" (or traccs from it) himself, cuz he grew tired of waiting on Dre to finish work on his album. He shelved Game before putting him on G-Unit cuz he didn't know what to do with him....Eve left before stating that Dre took too long and other reasons...It took Busta a long ass time to finnally release his album, after losing buzz from "Touch It"...The nigga iz lazy and he gets more credit for alot of shit he doesn't deserve..Granted he makes good music, but you guyz put this dude on a pedastel, like he can do no wrong....Nobody should have to sit around and wait year after year after year for 1 dude to make up his mind

Nahh nigga you don't know whats up. Muthafuccas have no idea what Dre is doin. The nigga has a major label to run. He's not gonna say yes to every nigga who wants a beat. Dre aint the only producer in rap. As far as NWA goes. Cube can say what he want. So can Ren and Yella. But NWA is dead cuzz. It died on March 26, 1995. When the OG was livin none of em bitch niggas was wit it. Then all of a sudden everybody wanna do it. What does that tell ya?. They didnt even show up at his funeral. If E could come bacc now he'd tell em all to go fucc themselves. Whether he ganked em or not, it all makes sense now. Jealousy is a muthafucca. Who wouldnt gank dem niggas. I'm glad he got D.O.C.'s publishin for a chain. Stupid ass nigga.  8)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 11:23:50 PM »
If Ice Cube, Dr Dre and Mc Ren make an album together, it will shit on anything out right now (besides the ice cube album)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 12:03:56 AM »
like joey said about rachel & ross on "Friends"...

..."neeever gonna happen".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 12:43:02 AM »
uh yeah...Cube has been talking about a reunion since "Friday After Next" and the "Peace Disc" dropped and probably before that, and it always seems to come bacc to lazy ass Dre. If they sittin around waiting on Dre to do anything, then they gonna be some waiting muthafuccaz..Imagine if Cube waited on Dre to produce Laugh Now, Cry Later...the shit would still be "in the works" and probably wouldn't have come out until 2009. Don't hold your breath waiting for this project or Detox, as each project will probably never come out because of one lazy muthafucca...Cube should go ahead and try and get a Westside Connection reunion going if anything

I'm not really excited about this project either..bacc in the 90's it would have been great newz, but now it's like eh....plus, I don't think they should come out with an album anyway...Without Eazy, it's not gonna be the same..Lil Eazy won't cut for me either..Using some unreleased traccs from Eazy might work

Lazy ass Dre?  Homay, he has alot on his plate.  I do find it funny that people call him lazy when they don't know or take into consideration what he is working on.  The real problem is not being lazy, it is being a perfectionist.  Part of the reason he is a perfectionist is because of people, like you, who have alot of hate in your blood.  If it is not top notch, people will hate because he is Dr. Dre.  That is what takes so long.

When Cube was doing Laugh Now Cry Later Dre was working on Busta's album, working with Raekwon on Cuban Linx II and trying to sign him, did tracks with Game/Crooked I/ Lil Eazy/Mobb Deep/50/Snoop.  That doesn't include working with Jay on his album and working on getting an Eve album out.  So again, how is he lazy?  Just because one guy decides he wants to do the album doesn't mean Dre should clear everything off his plate to do it.

I don't give a fucc who you are and what kind of "special talent" you have, it DOES NOT take 7+ years to put out 1 album and to produce 4 or 5 songs here and there at his leisure....Cube waited on Dre for a couple of years to do his album and before that he was suppose to be signing to Aftermath, but said the numbers weren't right and that Dre was always "too busy"...Hell, even 50 said he had to go ahead and release "The Massacare" (or traccs from it) himself, cuz he grew tired of waiting on Dre to finish work on his album. He shelved Game before putting him on G-Unit cuz he didn't know what to do with him....Eve left before stating that Dre took too long and other reasons...It took Busta a long ass time to finnally release his album, after losing buzz from "Touch It"...The nigga iz lazy and he gets more credit for alot of shit he doesn't deserve..Granted he makes good music, but you guyz put this dude on a pedastel, like he can do no wrong....Nobody should have to sit around and wait year after year after year for 1 dude to make up his mind

co-sign
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2006, 10:10:53 AM »
I don't give a fucc who you are and what kind of "special talent" you have, it DOES NOT take 7+ years to put out 1 album and to produce 4 or 5 songs here and there at his leisure....Cube waited on Dre for a couple of years to do his album and before that he was suppose to be signing to Aftermath, but said the numbers weren't right and that Dre was always "too busy"

Actually, Dre was in the middle of signing and promoting 50 cent when they first started talking.  Cube just popped up and wanted to do an album.  They were suppose to do an album together after Natural Born Killaz and Cube backed out.  No bitching at Cube for that from you right?  In business do you go with Ice Cube who may go platnium or do you ride the hottest thing out for cash?  Lets put the music aside for am inute cuz Id rather of seen a Cube record with Dre but be logical here.  He is in the business to make money and Cube just popped up at the wrong time.

...Hell, even 50 said he had to go ahead and release "The Massacare" (or traccs from it) himself, cuz he grew tired of waiting on Dre to finish work on his album. He shelved Game before putting him on G-Unit cuz he didn't know what to do with him

Wrong.  Dre wanted to hold off on the album because Game's shit was what was popping.  His album wasn't out for more then a few weeks before Curtis "cry baby" Jackson wanted his shine in hip hop back.    50 had a problem Game was blowing up and wanted to rls the Massacre too quickly to take some of his shine because of his massive ego.  Dre was holding off purposely.  Makes no sense to compete with an artist on the same label but 50 has an ego so....

Eve left before stating that Dre took too long and other reasons

You are lying.  How do I know?  Dre sent Eve directly to RR because he knew he wouldn't be able to help her right away.  She didn't leave because he took to long.  She left because he told her that it would be a better look for her to be with RR and on an eastcoast label being that she is from Philly.

It took Busta a long ass time to finnally release his album, after losing buzz from "Touch It"...The nigga iz lazy and he gets more credit for alot of shit he doesn't deserve..Granted he makes good music, but you guyz put this dude on a pedastel, like he can do no wrong....Nobody should have to sit around and wait year after year after year for 1 dude to make up his mind

Uhh that was Jimmy Iovine and Interscopes call.  Dre does not dictate exactly when someone drops.  So you are barking up the wrong tree.

Again, dood is busy and has business ventures, a label to run, and many other things.  Not to mention he is a perfectionist who will spent hours on one little drum patern.  You don't know what is going on so I'd chill on the assumptions.  Its clear you don't like Dre around here....but don't grasp at straws to hate on him.  Just do it and dont try to disguise it as you being mad he is slow LOL

As for songs here and there....uhh its working because his 4 or 5 songs a year are usually some of the biggest hits of the entire year.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:12:50 AM by djkoast »
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2006, 02:24:27 PM »
I don't give a fucc who you are and what kind of "special talent" you have, it DOES NOT take 7+ years to put out 1 album and to produce 4 or 5 songs here and there at his leisure....Cube waited on Dre for a couple of years to do his album and before that he was suppose to be signing to Aftermath, but said the numbers weren't right and that Dre was always "too busy"

Actually, Dre was in the middle of signing and promoting 50 cent when they first started talking.  Cube just popped up and wanted to do an album.  They were suppose to do an album together after Natural Born Killaz and Cube backed out.  No bitching at Cube for that from you right?  In business do you go with Ice Cube who may go platnium or do you ride the hottest thing out for cash?  Lets put the music aside for am inute cuz Id rather of seen a Cube record with Dre but be logical here.  He is in the business to make money and Cube just popped up at the wrong time.

...Hell, even 50 said he had to go ahead and release "The Massacare" (or traccs from it) himself, cuz he grew tired of waiting on Dre to finish work on his album. He shelved Game before putting him on G-Unit cuz he didn't know what to do with him

Wrong.  Dre wanted to hold off on the album because Game's shit was what was popping.  His album wasn't out for more then a few weeks before Curtis "cry baby" Jackson wanted his shine in hip hop back.    50 had a problem Game was blowing up and wanted to rls the Massacre too quickly to take some of his shine because of his massive ego.  Dre was holding off purposely.  Makes no sense to compete with an artist on the same label but 50 has an ego so....

You are lying.  How do I know?  Dre sent Eve directly to RR because he knew he wouldn't be able to help her right away.  She didn't leave because he took to long.  She left because he told her that it would be a better look for her to be with RR and on an eastcoast label being that she is from Philly.

It took Busta a long ass time to finnally release his album, after losing buzz from "Touch It"...The nigga iz lazy and he gets more credit for alot of shit he doesn't deserve..Granted he makes good music, but you guyz put this dude on a pedastel, like he can do no wrong....Nobody should have to sit around and wait year after year after year for 1 dude to make up his mind

Uhh that was Jimmy Iovine and Interscopes call.  Dre does not dictate exactly when someone drops.  So you are barking up the wrong tree.

Again, dood is busy and has business ventures, a label to run, and many other things.  Not to mention he is a perfectionist who will spent hours on one little drum patern.  You don't know what is going on so I'd chill on the assumptions.  Its clear you don't like Dre around here....but don't grasp at straws to hate on him.  Just do it and dont try to disguise it as you being mad he is slow LOL

As for songs here and there....uhh its working because his 4 or 5 songs a year are usually some of the biggest hits of the entire year.

Man, ain't nobody grasping at straws to hate on Dre...Anytime someone goes against the grain, its always gotta be hate...I already said he makes good music...you just need to come to gripes with reality and quit swing'n from Dre's nuts and get a pair of your own...I don't know what's going on and neither do you...The point is that all those artist sat around for a minimum of 3 years waiting on one person to make up his mind (except 50)..You just repeated what I said about Eve in different words....Cube and Dre have been talking about working together long before 50 cent came into the picture (Helter Skelter, N.W.A. etc) and both can be blamed, one for laziness (or perfection  ::)) and the other from doing movies...Point is Cube wasn't going to wait around for 5 years to do 1 album when he can do almost do 3 in that same amount of time and I wouldn't either...In business, you generally go with someone who has a known tracc record, gambling on 50 cents succes, was just that a GAMBLE that happened to pay off..50 at that time hadn't made any real noise outside of the mixtape circuit, while Cube was a well-known established artist..

What happened to Last Emperor, King T, Rakim, Truth Hurts(dropped), Hitman, Dawn Robinson etc..? Why were they never released? What's your excuse about them? They've been out of the spotlight so long,  I doubt anybody is checc'n for them now outside there respective markets...Which brings me bacc to my statement about 50...He might have wanted to steal games shine, but if he hadn't of released his album that year, knowing Dre's tracc record, it probably wouldn't have been released for another year or 2... If you know your going to take your time doing things, why take on more then what you can handle and just leave people sitting on the side lines for years on end?...I'm not saying he should churn out albums every month, but I understand you look up to Dre and therefore any other opinions unlike your own are going to fall on deaf ears..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 02:27:43 PM by Crip2Nite »

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2006, 03:09:15 PM »

Man, ain't nobody grasping at straws to hate on Dre...Anytime someone goes against the grain, its always gotta be hate...I already said he makes good music...you just need to come to gripes with reality and quit swing'n from Dre's nuts and get a pair of your own...I don't know what's going on and neither do you...The point is that all those artist sat around for a minimum of 3 years waiting on one person to make up his mind (except 50)..You just repeated what I said about Eve in different words....Cube and Dre have been talking about working together long before 50 cent came into the picture (Helter Skelter, N.W.A. etc) and both can be blamed, one for laziness (or perfection  ::)) and the other from doing movies...Point is Cube wasn't going to wait around for 5 years to do 1 album when he can do almost do 3 in that same amount of time and I wouldn't either...In business, you generally go with someone who has a known tracc record, gambling on 50 cents succes, was just that a GAMBLE that happened to pay off..50 at that time hadn't made any real noise outside of the mixtape circuit, while Cube was a well-known established artist..

What happened to Last Emperor, King T, Rakim, Truth Hurts(dropped), Hitman, Dawn Robinson etc..? Why were they never released? What's your excuse about them? They've been out of the spotlight so long,  I doubt anybody is checc'n for them now outside there respective markets...Which brings me bacc to my statement about 50...He might have wanted to steal games shine, but if he hadn't of released his album that year, knowing Dre's tracc record, it probably wouldn't have been released for another year or 2... If you know your going to take your time doing things, why take on more then what you can handle and just leave people sitting on the side lines for years on end?...I'm not saying he should churn out albums every month, but I understand you look up to Dre and therefore any other opinions unlike your own are going to fall on deaf ears..

I agree that DRE is a perfectionist, but homie^^^ is right. You can be the best perfectionist in the world and it still doesnt take 7 years to put out 1 album. Sure he has alot to do, but you know Dre is lazier these days...And Dont act like Dre doesnt have almost as much say as Jimmy Iovine....putting Rakim on the shelf the fuckin GOD MC, shows how lazy dre can be.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2006, 03:09:27 PM »

I agree that DRE is a perfectionist, but homie^^^ is right. You can be the best perfectionist in the world and it still doesnt take 7 years to put out 1 album. Sure he has alot to do, but you know Dre is lazier these days...And Dont act like Dre doesnt have almost as much say as Jimmy Iovine....putting Rakim on the shelf the fuckin GOD MC, shows how lazy dre can be.

The Best of 3 Worlds

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2006, 04:22:17 PM »

LOL.  Nah dawg, people who dont like Dre are not hating.  Don't try to put words into my mouth. What you are doing is hating as anyone can tell by how you are talking in this thread or how youve talked about Dre in other threads.  Just admit you hate the man.  You don't need to give us reasons, just fess up.  Even tho you like some of his music you don't like him. 

How the fuck are you going to sit here and say he is lazy and all that then turn around and tell ME that we don't know what is going on, on his plate?  How are you going to call him lazy and then turn around and say that?  Makes no sense.  If you don't know what is going on then how can you say if he is busy or lazy?  You can't.

As far as swinging from his nuts...why because you are giving false information and going off things youve made up or heard from someone else?  I am here to speak the truth.  I didn't lie about anything and I didn't make anything up.  I am trying to tell you how it is.  The hate in your blood is keeping you from thinking objectively.

And who said it is taking 7 years to put out an album?  You guys act as if he started working on Detox the second 2001 dropped.  He started the project about 2 years after and then stopped it only to restart it fairly recently.  He actually had alot of the project done but scrapped it.  It took him 7 years to drop 2001, was he lazy then too?  The Massacre was not being held up by Dre production.  Dre had 2 beats on there.  Dre wanted to hold off on it so Game could continue to sell with no competition comming from an artist on the same level, plus he wanted to mix down a few tracks a little bit better.  He should of too because Ski Mask Way and This is 50 could have sounded much better.

And Dre doesn't have the same pull Jimmy Iovine does.  If the project is not a definite success, like a 50 cent or Eminem then Jimmy Iovine has final say.  Guys like Truth Hurts, Rakim, Game were seen as people who were not definite big sellers so he jumped in.  My information is from interviews done by these people.  Not things I heard from someone on the net who heard from someone who said something.
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

Okka

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2006, 03:21:20 AM »
I actually agree that it could ruin the legacy.
But it would be dope.
Especially if they got Lil Eazy E to replace his father.

EvO.
if they wanna make dope music they shouldn´t let Lil E anywhere near the tracks.

Lil Eazy isn't so wack, but hell naaw he could replace his father...