Author Topic: LOL.. suprise suprise, Jay-Z is making a Comeback album, another fake retirement  (Read 2261 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Why doesn't this guy just retire and do hip-hop a favor.  I don't even like Jay-Z's first album, and I loved everything that came out in 1996.

This is why ya'll got to respect Eminem, because even though his plans were to retire, he didn't come out and officially express it in the media, instead he chose to put subliminal messages in his music; and leave a door open incase he came back.  Jay-Z just uses this retirement thing as a marketing strategy to sell more records.  His played this game 3 times now, the first time was back in 98' when he in his "In My Lifetime" era.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Eihtball

Jay-Z just uses this retirement thing as a marketing strategy to sell more records.

Actually, he's mostly using it as an opportunity to play HNIC more than ever before as Prez of Def Jam, which he does exceptionally well even more than rapping.

I don't want Jay-Z to retire.  Dude isn't as good as he thinks he is, but he always makes quality records.  Except for "Hard Knock Life", Jay-Z has put out straight 4 out of 5 star or higher albums every time.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Whatever, Im glad hes "back"

ABN

Jay-Z just uses this retirement thing as a marketing strategy to sell more records.

Actually, he's mostly using it as an opportunity to play HNIC more than ever before as Prez of Def Jam, which he does exceptionally well even more than rapping.

LMAO at Jay doin it well, then why has all of his artists flopped? he´s not been involved in 1 successful project other then Rihanna´s new album. Mariah was La,Jeezy was LA,Ne-Yo was LA,Kanye did his own thing without Jay overlooking shit. so how has he done it well? the artists he´s been responsible since becoming president is Bleek,the YG`s and that other dumb fuck bitch that couldn´t sing if her life depended on it. and guess what they all have in common? extremely low sales...............

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Whatever, Im glad hes "back"

Me too...

LOL @ what Infinite said about respecting Eminem...  :nawty:

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Diabolical

LOL @ what Infinite said about respecting Eminem...  :nawty:

word

herpes

good thing he is back

Don Breezio

For the life of me i can't understand why you could ever just say that jay-z sucks and you have to respect eminem

now i like both artists personally...but jay-z is 10 times the rapper eminem is. although i think whoever said hard knock life was crap was wrong...jay has put out straight 4 out of 5 albums including hard knock life....i would say that life & times of s. carter and the blueprint 2 were only like 2.5 to 3 star albums...they had a few good tracks but the rest were weak.

hard knock life had some sick fuckin tracks on it

wcsoldier

Storch, Cool n Dre, Timbo, Tunes are announced as producers.. this will end up as another Blueprint 2

rik

C'mon now who is really surprised he's back? Everyone new it was goin to happen.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
Hell yeah, the prez is BACK, time for another classic album

suckaa free

fuck jay z.

GangstaBoogy

C'mon now who is really surprised he's back? Everyone new it was goin to happen.

yup.

by the way, not releasing an album in 3 years doesn't mean you retired.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

PLANT

I could go for another Jay Z album....

Jay Z >>>>>>>Rick Ross, Obie Trice, DMX, Busta Rhymes and pretty much the whole rap game (minus Snoop, Cube, Nas ect.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 05:06:53 AM by PLANT »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Honestly, If he comes out with a hot record, I wouldn't give a fuck if he once said he's retiring.