Author Topic: LOL.. suprise suprise, Jay-Z is making a Comeback album, another fake retirement  (Read 2263 times)

Eihtball

Jay-Z just uses this retirement thing as a marketing strategy to sell more records.

Actually, he's mostly using it as an opportunity to play HNIC more than ever before as Prez of Def Jam, which he does exceptionally well even more than rapping.

LMAO at Jay doin it well, then why has all of his artists flopped? he´s not been involved in 1 successful project other then Rihanna´s new album. Mariah was La,Jeezy was LA,Ne-Yo was LA,Kanye did his own thing without Jay overlooking shit. so how has he done it well? the artists he´s been responsible since becoming president is Bleek,the YG`s and that other dumb fuck bitch that couldn´t sing if her life depended on it. and guess what they all have in common? extremely low sales...............

Reid may have discovered/signed them, but it was Jay-Z who guided their careers as President.  That means he's just as responsible for their success as L.A. Reid.

Take Jeezy, for example...Diddy had Jeezy signed to Bad Boy (as a member of Boyz N The Hood), and yet he couldn't even push them to Gold sales.  Jay-Z, in comparison, had Jeezy in a solo deal and dude sells Platinum on Def Jam.  Obviously, Hov did something right with Jeezy that Diddy didn't do.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jay- z is a good rapper, knows how to sell and is a good president on def jam plain and simple dude knows hip hop.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
For the life of me i can't understand why you could ever just say that jay-z sucks and you have to respect eminem

now i like both artists personally...but jay-z is 10 times the rapper eminem is. although i think whoever said hard knock life was crap was wrong...jay has put out straight 4 out of 5 albums including hard knock life....i would say that life & times of s. carter and the blueprint 2 were only like 2.5 to 3 star albums...they had a few good tracks but the rest were weak.

hard knock life had some sick fuckin tracks on it

10 times? That's ridiculous. If you want to say Jay is better that's fine, but what about him makes him so much better, or ten times better as you said. Most would say Em beat him on Jay's own track (Nas included), but even if Em didn't, no way was Jay's verse ten times better. Jay Z is a one trick pony. All he does is brag about himself, whether it be for the drugs he sold, the shots he called, the jewels he wore, the skills he has, or the great business mind he possesses. He's had very few tracks that truly consisted of creative writing or uncoventional ideas. At best he's very witty as a lyricist, whose less than stellar rhyming appears nicer due to his style of delivery which finds a way of hiding many faults. Now Em may share a lot of those points, but I never said Em is ten times better or even better at all. You said ten times; now please support that claim. I'd love to hear why I'm wrong.

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
everyone wants to be like Mike

Don Breezio

For the life of me i can't understand why you could ever just say that jay-z sucks and you have to respect eminem

now i like both artists personally...but jay-z is 10 times the rapper eminem is. although i think whoever said hard knock life was crap was wrong...jay has put out straight 4 out of 5 albums including hard knock life....i would say that life & times of s. carter and the blueprint 2 were only like 2.5 to 3 star albums...they had a few good tracks but the rest were weak.

hard knock life had some sick fuckin tracks on it

10 times? That's ridiculous. If you want to say Jay is better that's fine, but what about him makes him so much better, or ten times better as you said. Most would say Em beat him on Jay's own track (Nas included), but even if Em didn't, no way was Jay's verse ten times better. Jay Z is a one trick pony. All he does is brag about himself, whether it be for the drugs he sold, the shots he called, the jewels he wore, the skills he has, or the great business mind he possesses. He's had very few tracks that truly consisted of creative writing or uncoventional ideas. At best he's very witty as a lyricist, whose less than stellar rhyming appears nicer due to his style of delivery which finds a way of hiding many faults. Now Em may share a lot of those points, but I never said Em is ten times better or even better at all. You said ten times; now please support that claim. I'd love to hear why I'm wrong.

lmao @ you trying to prove me wrong using renegade...so eminem had a better verse...so what?! that was also back when eminem was still releasing dope shit...i never said eminem was a bad artist...i have all of his albums...and i listen to most of them...but jay-z is waaaaaayyyy more consistent than eminem is. he puts out better quality music. the beats behind him are usually way better (with the exception of a couple). his lyrics on the black album alone shit all over the lyrics from any of em's albums.

jay-z is just flat out a better rapper

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
They both very talented.... the end of youre conflict

ps The game beats them both looooool,

westkoastanostra

eminem>>>>>jay-z

good to c dude is back though!!!

Don Breezio

wow someone just said game is better than both? and then another person said em over jayz?

why do i still post here?

youngmessnucca

fuck jay z.

Care to elaborate? You sound real stupid making a comment like that with nothing to back it up. Plus Jay>>>>>>>>>>your favorite rappers combined.

J Bananas

kill yourself bryan!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

now i like both artists personally...but jay-z is 10 times the rapper eminem is.

LMFAO! You must have not heard "Renegades"... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

his lyrics on the black album alone shit all over the lyrics from any of em's albums.

:-X :-X :grumpy: :grumpy:

:puke:

...This is straight comedy.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

why do i still post here?
\

Seriously, do you even know anything about hip-hop? Jay-Z was a decent lyricist at his peak, but had down-points in his career, he even started stealing not just Biggie lines, but ENTIRE verses. Eminem was an amazing lyricist at his peak, his lyrical skill surpassed almost anyones (listen to "Infinite"), his wittiness and originality on the mic, as well as his great story-telling ability was what made him so great...Sure he declined, but that was towards the end of his career, when he had nothing to prove and was basically fed up, but even then he put out some great lyrics and messages in his tracks, he let us know he was done...Eminem at his best will shit on Jay-Z at his best, it's not even a question...PeACe

Sikotic™

Jay-z is the most overhyped rapper of all time, no question.

And yes, Em at his peak >> Jay at his peak
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

rik

Jay-z is the most overhyped rapper of all time, no question.

And yes, Em at his peak >> Jay at his peak