Author Topic: LOL.. suprise suprise, Jay-Z is making a Comeback album, another fake retirement  (Read 2260 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
source?

J Bananas

why do i still post here?
\

Seriously, do you even know anything about hip-hop? Jay-Z was a decent lyricist at his peak, but had down-points in his career, he even started stealing not just Biggie lines, but ENTIRE verses. Eminem was an amazing lyricist at his peak, his lyrical skill surpassed almost anyones (listen to "Infinite"), his wittiness and originality on the mic, as well as his great story-telling ability was what made him so great...Sure he declined, but that was towards the end of his career, when he had nothing to prove and was basically fed up, but even then he put out some great lyrics and messages in his tracks, he let us know he was done...Eminem at his best will shit on Jay-Z at his best, it's not even a question...PeACe

fuckin jewbag larry h parker over here telling people about hip hop like theyre not allowed to have an opinion.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

why do i still post here?
\

Seriously, do you even know anything about hip-hop? Jay-Z was a decent lyricist at his peak, but had down-points in his career, he even started stealing not just Biggie lines, but ENTIRE verses. Eminem was an amazing lyricist at his peak, his lyrical skill surpassed almost anyones (listen to "Infinite"), his wittiness and originality on the mic, as well as his great story-telling ability was what made him so great...Sure he declined, but that was towards the end of his career, when he had nothing to prove and was basically fed up, but even then he put out some great lyrics and messages in his tracks, he let us know he was done...Eminem at his best will shit on Jay-Z at his best, it's not even a question...PeACe

fuckin jewbag larry h parker over here telling people about hip hop like theyre not allowed to have an opinion.

You're a prejudice moron...The end.

westkoastanostra

eminem killed jay on his own track...and he woulda done it again...em killed every featured mainstream guest spot he was on...there's no point in arguing w/ this but retards on this board dont understand so they keep trying to prove that its not a fact...which it is..

suckaa free

fuck jay-z.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
People should care more about artistic integrity.  Jay-Z is a business man, he said it himself, Eminem is a real artist.  Jay-Z has pulled this marketing scheme 3 times now where he claims he's retiring to sell his "last record" and then returns with a comeback record.  They made a big deal about the Black album like it was his last record, I don't know how anyone actually believed that.

Jay-Z is a product of the best marketing scheme hip-hop has ever witenessed. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

"THE" MoSav

C'mon now who is really surprised he's back? Everyone new it was goin to happen.

yup.

by the way, not releasing an album in 3 years doesn't mean you retired.

No but saying you retired means you do....but Im glad hes back i would love another Jay-Z album. the Black Album was almost a classic IMO

The Best of 3 Worlds

• Muthafuckin' Don!
C'mon now who is really surprised he's back? Everyone new it was goin to happen.

yup.

No but saying you retired means you do....but Im glad hes back i would love another Jay-Z album. the Black Album was almost a classic IMO

The Black album was trash.

"THE" MoSav

yup.

The Black album was trash.

Not IMO  ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sikotic™

I wouldn't go as far as saying The Black Album was trash, but it definitely is not a classic. That word gets thrown around way too much now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
People should care more about artistic integrity.  Jay-Z is a business man, he said it himself, Eminem is a real artist.  Jay-Z has pulled this marketing scheme 3 times now where he claims he's retiring to sell his "last record" and then returns with a comeback record.  They made a big deal about the Black album like it was his last record, I don't know how anyone actually believed that.

Jay-Z is a product of the best marketing scheme hip-hop has ever witenessed. 

He's not even all that great at that. He only has one real mega hit and that was vol. 2 which sold over 5 million copies. He sells okay numbers but for this great business mind he claims to have he really hasn't sold all that much or made all that much as an artist. RD went Gold (finished at platinum years later), Vol 1 went platinum, Volume 3 did good with the rebound sales finishing off at 3x, but Dynasty only went platinum right after, and the highly touted Blueprint only went 2x and he blamed it on 9/11. Maybe if he was smart enough to release Renegade as a video he would have went 4X or 5X but then he'd look bad. The Black Album did alright at 3x so far. That's about 16 million on solo album sales, and throw in another and make it 17 for Best of Both Worlds. Blueprint 2 says 3 platinum but that's abunch of shit. It sold 1.5 and counts as two because it was double but it only cost as much as 1 disc. The magic of illusion. But let's make three and bump him to 20 million because I'm nice. So after10 discs worth he has sold 20 million of them (that's assuming the alleged soundscan scams he was part of were false) while someone like Nelly sells 19 million discs with 4 albums.

I dare someone to show Jay Z as a top ten moneymaking artist any year from '97 to '06, because I've never seen him there.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

He's not even all that great at that. He only has one real mega hit and that was vol. 2 which sold over 5 million copies. He sells okay numbers but for this great business mind he claims to have he really hasn't sold all that much or made all that much as an artist. RD went Gold (finished at platinum years later), Vol 1 went platinum, Volume 3 did good with the rebound sales finishing off at 3x, but Dynasty only went platinum right after, and the highly touted Blueprint only went 2x and he blamed it on 9/11. Maybe if he was smart enough to release Renegade as a video he would have went 4X or 5X but then he'd look bad. The Black Album did alright at 3x so far. That's about 16 million on solo album sales, and throw in another and make it 17 for Best of Both Worlds. Blueprint 2 says 3 platinum but that's abunch of shit. It sold 1.5 and counts as two because it was double but it only cost as much as 1 disc. The magic of illusion. But let's make three and bump him to 20 million because I'm nice. So after10 discs worth he has sold 20 million of them (that's assuming the alleged soundscan scams he was part of were false) while someone like Nelly sells 19 million discs with 4 albums.

I dare someone to show Jay Z as a top ten moneymaking artist any year from '97 to '06, because I've never seen him there.

His label was able to make Memphis Bleek sell platinum.. that's great marketing.  I don't think we can argue that he's been able to generate record sales, maybe not as many as Nelly or Eminem, but he's got other ventures like the clothing line that was really successful with Rockefella.  The dude is a great businessman.  I'll give him that.  As an artist, he's average.  He's an average east coast rapper, he's an AZ level rapper, talent wise.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:54:37 PM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR SPEAKING TRUTH! »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

AZ > Jay-Z

"THE" MoSav

AZ > Jay-Z

NO WAY!
'Format' tho is one of my favorite songs

The Best of 3 Worlds

Spicemuthafuc*in1

AZ > Jay-Z

NO WAY!
'Format' tho is one of my favorite songs

Yea AZ is nice but Jay is better