Author Topic: LOL.. suprise suprise, Jay-Z is making a Comeback album, another fake retirement  (Read 2262 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

They have amazing skill, but they never were anywhere NEAR the charisma or significance of Eminem in his prime...Kweli is on some complete other shit, with his conscious rap, you know most people don't eat that, and Ras Kass just has a flow that, sadly, isn't really catchy amongst the mainstream...You're out of it man, just slap them chins...PeACe

Like I said, change the skin color, you'd be singing a different tune (instead of Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel).

Slap them chins, son...

SGV

Go do the Horah.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Go do the Horah.

*Does the horah*

Slap them chins, son...

SGV

*locates a chin, but not chins*

*slaps a yamakah off NIKs head*

Now_Im_Not_Banned

*SGV realizes Sccit don't wear no yamacha*
*Finds his second chin*
*Slaps that shit*

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
Jay-Z just uses this retirement thing as a marketing strategy to sell more records.

Actually, he's mostly using it as an opportunity to play HNIC more than ever before as Prez of Def Jam, which he does exceptionally well even more than rapping.

dude has one of the albums of the  year on his camp in fishscale and ain't even put out another vid 4 the album , and he's continueing the line of fucking method man over   welcome 2 death jam
LMAO at Jay doin it well, then why has all of his artists flopped? he´s not been involved in 1 successful project other then Rihanna´s new album. Mariah was La,Jeezy was LA,Ne-Yo was LA,Kanye did his own thing without Jay overlooking shit. so how has he done it well? the artists he´s been responsible since becoming president is Bleek,the YG`s and that other dumb fuck bitch that couldn´t sing if her life depended on it. and guess what they all have in common? extremely low sales...............

teecee

It was always obvoius Jay would come back, everyone knew he would.  TBA was a dope album, in my opinion his second best, and it was an album that finally made me realize how dope Jay is.   See, i was listening to hiphop when Reasonable Doubt came out, and there is no way it was a classic, not until it was forced on us many years later.  Dope album, but not classic.

And to whoever said Em would be like Talib or Ras if his skin was darker, do you even listen to music???????????  Ras kass is one of my all-time favourite rappers(SOul on Ice is TOP 5 for me), but its obvious he is horrible when he attempts to make commercially viable songs.   Talib is tight as well, but inconsistent with a delivery that the average fan can't get down with.

At their peaks, of course Eminem is the better lyricist than Jay.  He did shit noone had ever thougbt of, had his own style.  However, Em has fallen off WAY HARDER than Jay has.  Both rappers are inconsistent with  their albums, but Jay's last album was far better than Em's last one.

THe thing with Ras, Jay, and Em is, Jay is the only one who doesn't make wack music the majority  of the time nowadays.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

It was always obvoius Jay would come back, everyone knew he would.  TBA was a dope album, in my opinion his second best, and it was an album that finally made me realize how dope Jay is.   See, i was listening to hiphop when Reasonable Doubt came out, and there is no way it was a classic, not until it was forced on us many years later.  Dope album, but not classic.

And to whoever said Em would be like Talib or Ras if his skin was darker, do you even listen to music???????????  Ras kass is one of my all-time favourite rappers(SOul on Ice is TOP 5 for me), but its obvious he is horrible when he attempts to make commercially viable songs.   Talib is tight as well, but inconsistent with a delivery that the average fan can't get down with.

At their peaks, of course Eminem is the better lyricist than Jay.  He did shit noone had ever thougbt of, had his own style.  However, Em has fallen off WAY HARDER than Jay has.  Both rappers are inconsistent with  their albums, but Jay's last album was far better than Em's last one.

THe thing with Ras, Jay, and Em is, Jay is the only one who doesn't make wack music the majority  of the time nowadays.

I still think Jay is more inconsistant...Every one of Em's albums were solid until his last one, and even that had some good tracks...Em just declined when he knew he was done, if anything, Jay is the inconsistant one...PeACe

westkoastanostra

Today: Jay-Z >>> Eminem.

There could not be another emcee like Jigga, no matter how hard dudes try. Eminem, if his skin was darker, would've been another Ras Kass, Talib Kweli, etc. Dude's NOT as great as everyone TRIES to make him out to be. Dude fell off after his first album and just continues to sink lower and lower. People have the nerve to diss someone like Cam'Ron for rapping non-sensical shit, but will be quick to give Eminem a pass for making a song like "Ass Like That." LOL. Dude's garbage.

In their prime's: Jigga > Eminem.

That "Renegade" track was a bunch of hype. You would hope that Eminem, as an emcee, would have crafted a beat that he knew he could rip.

As Business Men: Jigga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eminem

Roc-A-Wear (though not Jay's sole creation) shit's all over Shady Wear (LMAO. Who wears that shit?). Roc-A-Fella (and now Def Jam) shit's on Shady.

Take away Slim Shady LP, Eminem is just another rapper that makes a catchy first single but follows up with mediocre albums.

i disagree bitch Em in his prime >>>>>Jay-z in his prime....and please don't argue with me...we all have opinions....

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

There could not be another emcee like Jigga, no matter how hard dudes try. Eminem, if his skin was darker, would've been another Ras Kass, Talib Kweli, etc. Dude's NOT as great as everyone TRIES to make him out to be. Dude fell off after his first album and just continues to sink lower and lower. People have the nerve to diss someone like Cam'Ron for rapping non-sensical shit, but will be quick to give Eminem a pass for making a song like "Ass Like That." LOL. Dude's garbage.

That "Renegade" track was a bunch of hype. You would hope that Eminem, as an emcee, would have crafted a beat that he knew he could rip.

Roc-A-Wear (though not Jay's sole creation) shit's all over Shady Wear (LMAO. Who wears that shit?). Roc-A-Fella (and now Def Jam) shit's on Shady.

Take away Slim Shady LP, Eminem is just another rapper that makes a catchy first single but follows up with mediocre albums.

If Eminem was darker he'd be hip hop's Prince or Jimi Hendrix. He was way too mainstream to be compared to Kweli. And his 2 albums after SSLP were far more artistic and sold a lot more. Stan and The Way I Am were brilliant records and the whole Eminem Show was filled great artistic expression. His few tracks on 8 Mile were also brilliant. The guy may not be Bob Dylan but no way was he a joke after SSLP. SSLP was 90% a comedy album showing off his fast flow and delivery. He really came out as an artist on the next two albums. I don't care what beat you hear his Renegade verse on. Hear it acapella if you want. The song wasn't even for Jay Z. It was a great verse plain and simple and Jay Z would have heard Em's verse first so even knowing what he was in for he couldn't top it.

You talk about Jat Z and Rocawear like Jay runs the day to day business. He came up with the idea with his buddies and was a key factor in it getting popular but the company has it's own funders and creative director and neither are Jay Z.

Shady Gear or whgatever it was called was the dumbest thing he could do business wise. It made his fans see him as corperate when he was popular for being anti-corperate in the eyes and minds of these white kids. He should have just worn whatever he wanted and the kids would have followed but the second he turned businessman they didn't like it. I remember reading about how the white Nike hat sales skyrocketed after Em started wearing them because white suburb kids wanted to look like him. Em would have benefitted more long term from not endorsing anything for profit.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

i disagree bitch Em in his prime >>>>>Jay-z in his prime....and please don't argue with me...we all have opinions....

Jay-Z > Eminem

westkoastanostra

eminem>>>>>>>>>>>jay-z...

"THE" MoSav

I agree with homie that said if Eminem was darker hed be another Rass Kass...Sad But True... :-\

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sikotic™

SGVs definitely got a point. Look at how he was marketed when he first came out in 99. They made a big deal about a white rapper that actually had skill. That's what put him on in the first place. It's sad but true. If he was brown or black, who knows where he'd be in the game. I still got a feeling his music would appeal to people regardless, but not on such a massive scale.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

"THE" MoSav

SGVs definitely got a point. Look at how he was marketed when he first came out in 99. They made a big deal about a white rapper that actually had skill. That's what put him on in the first place. It's sad but true. If he was brown or black, who knows where he'd be in the game. I still got a feeling his music would appeal to people regardless, but not on such a massive scale.
yeah he definitly wouldnt be talked about like he is today, but maybe if he was black or brown his style would be different...he gets away with alot of Bull shit (I.e. just lose it) But then has powerful songs like "Toy Soldiers" so i think hed still make some kind of impact. he is the only guy that when his cd came out Fade To Black drop in sales DRAMATICALLY

The Best of 3 Worlds