Author Topic: Do you believe in Karma?  (Read 493 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Do you believe in Karma?
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »
I had a conversation with my friend about karma about 2 weeks ago and we both somewhat agreed on this situtation (similar to what 7 said). If you live a good life you soround yourself with postive things, therefore positive things will tend to happen to you. If you go around pissing people off and doing all kind of bad shit. Life is so random that karma is somewhat highly unlikely. All you can do is lean your life in a specific direction.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 12:30:31 AM »
yes i believe in karma....i've seen it happen to ppl...and i've heard it happen to people...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 03:20:45 AM »
A good act done to better your Karma/to get VIP seats in heaven isn't a good act anyway, cause greed can never be good.

Most people do good things for some greedy reason or the other.  It's almost impossible not to, you just said in your post above that if you do good you'll get good, so by the logic you're using, your'e saying nobody can do an unselfishly good deed.

What the truth is is that oftentimes doing the 'right' thing or the 'good' thing is beneficial to both people, which makes it all the more confusing why people do bad in the first place.  To actively choose to do something wrong is the definition of evil. 

People love babies because babies look good.  People treat their wife nice because they want to get laid.  People donate to charity because it makes them feel good. 

Everybody does good things for selfish reasons.  Mother Theresa did good things for selfish reasons.  I say good for her, there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah I thought about that too. It's kinda true.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin