Author Topic: Do you believe in Karma?  (Read 952 times)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Do you believe in Karma?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 02:00:26 PM »
No, not the prop em diss em but the real life one ya know?
What goes around comes around

Yes, but if you want to start talking about Karma you have to realize that it's out of your control and based on truths, not perceptions.  If Jeffrey Dahmer thought he was helping all those people he ate, it still wouldnt' save him from Karma kicking his teeth in because the truth of the situation was he was evil.  So a human often can't properly judge Karma because you dont' have an unbiased view of the right and wrong of the world. 

Touche

coola

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 02:00:44 PM »
trauma man, do you ever shut the fuck up ?

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »
A good act done to better your Karma/to get VIP seats in heaven isn't a good act anyway, cause greed can never be good.

Most people do good things for some greedy reason or the other.  It's almost impossible not to, you just said in your post above that if you do good you'll get good, so by the logic you're using, your'e saying nobody can do an unselfishly good deed.

What the truth is is that oftentimes doing the 'right' thing or the 'good' thing is beneficial to both people, which makes it all the more confusing why people do bad in the first place.  To actively choose to do something wrong is the definition of evil.  

People love babies because babies look good.  People treat their wife nice because they want to get laid.  People donate to charity because it makes them feel good.  

Everybody does good things for selfish reasons.  Mother Theresa did good things for selfish reasons.  I say good for her, there's nothing wrong with that.  The ends justify the means. 

"chief", I've never heard of you, and I have no idea what your opinion is on anything.  You know enough about me to tell me how much I talk.  Your knowledge of me and my ignorance of you shows you and everybody that reads this post that you are my bitch and I don't even know that you exist.  Or, to put it another way

"Youz a flea, and I'm the big dog, I'll scratch you off my balls with my mothafuckin paws"

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 02:05:43 PM »
yea karma is basically the positive or negative energy u recieve when u do or think particular things. most of the time doing soemthing bad u realize it yourself or other ppl make u realize that, that gives u all kinds of bad moods and aggressions, and reflecting these aggressions onto the ppl in your environment makes them behave in a similar way towards you. so u often end up getting back what u did to other ppl.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:08:38 PM by *Z* »
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

coola

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 02:09:03 PM »
A good act done to better your Karma/to get VIP seats in heaven isn't a good act anyway, cause greed can never be good.

Most people do good things for some greedy reason or the other.  It's almost impossible not to, you just said in your post above that if you do good you'll get good, so by the logic you're using, your'e saying nobody can do an unselfishly good deed.

What the truth is is that oftentimes doing the 'right' thing or the 'good' thing is beneficial to both people, which makes it all the more confusing why people do bad in the first place.  To actively choose to do something wrong is the definition of evil.  

People love babies because babies look good.  People treat their wife nice because they want to get laid.  People donate to charity because it makes them feel good.  

Everybody does good things for selfish reasons.  Mother Theresa did good things for selfish reasons.  I say good for her, there's nothing wrong with that.  The ends justify the means. 

"chief", I've never heard of you, and I have no idea what your opinion is on anything.  You know enough about me to tell me how much I talk.  Your knowledge of me and my ignorance of you shows you and everybody that reads this post that you are my bitch and I don't even know that you exist.  Or, to put it another way

"Youz a flea, and I'm the big dog, I'll scratch you off my balls with my mothafuckin paws"

trauma, you want to get down ? lets boogy..

1. there are people out there that will do good because it's their nature to do so.

2. people do bad to benefit themselves.

3. not everyne treat their wife good to get laid, some poeple respect women.

4. some people donate to charity to help a cause.

5. not all people do good for selfish reasons like yourself. "trauma"

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 02:13:38 PM »

trauma, you want to get down ? lets boogy..

1. there are people out there that will do good because it's their nature to do so.

2. people do bad to benefit themselves.

3. not everyne treat their wife good to get laid, some poeple respect women.

4. some people donate to charity to help a cause.

5. not all people do good for selfish reasons like yourself. "trauma"

1. If it's their nature to do so, then they're just selfishly following what pleases them, they're nature.  It's natural for them to be good, so they selfishly do what's comfortable for them.  If would be hard and hurtful for them to be bad, and they don't want to hurt themselves, so selfishly they protect themselves by doing good.

2.  Yes, People do bad to benefit themselves.  I never said they didn't, I guess your'e not intelligent enough to grab what I threw out there in the first place.

3.  You again missed the point about the women.  Yes, l.ots of peple respect women.  My point is that you get something good out of respecting women.  If respecting women was harmful to you, less people would do it.  The reason people respect women is because good things come out of being good.  That could be construed as a selfish reason to respect women. 

4.  Yes, they donate to charity to help a cause that they selfishly feel they will benefit from.  Donating to help a cause is easily one of the most selfish ways you can 'do good'.... also, if the cause is something that others feel is 'bad', you're not doing good, you're doing bad to that person.  Again, selfishness is tied up in all of that.

5.  All people who do good can be considered doing so for selfish reasons.  Doing good makes you feel good, therefore anybody who does good can be considered selfishly trying to make themselves feel good.

Sorry to burst your rose-colored view of the world; nothing is as simple as your simple mind sees it. 

coola

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 02:17:27 PM »
^ keep trying, you'll get there eventually mate  ;)

coola

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 02:20:04 PM »
oh, a general rule you should follow... the simplest explanation will be the correct explanation, one of the smartest men in the world said that. otherwise, have fun in the disgusting world you have created.

Florez

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Return of the gangstas
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 03:42:34 PM »
All people act in a way to gain pleasure and to avoid pain.
It all depends on a persons nature in which way he or she thinks what will give them pleasure and how to avoid pain
''I'm still a doggpound nigga I ain't never gonna give it up''

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 04:32:56 PM »
Sure I do. Nature is all about balance. Every action has a reaction. What goes around comes around. The list goes on.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »
I had a conversation with my friend about karma about 2 weeks ago and we both somewhat agreed on this situtation (similar to what 7 said). If you live a good life you soround yourself with postive things, therefore positive things will tend to happen to you. If you go around pissing people off and doing all kind of bad shit. Life is so random that karma is somewhat highly unlikely. All you can do is lean your life in a specific direction.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 12:30:31 AM »
yes i believe in karma....i've seen it happen to ppl...and i've heard it happen to people...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 03:20:45 AM »

Most people do good things for some greedy reason or the other.  It's almost impossible not to, you just said in your post above that if you do good you'll get good, so by the logic you're using, your'e saying nobody can do an unselfishly good deed.

What the truth is is that oftentimes doing the 'right' thing or the 'good' thing is beneficial to both people, which makes it all the more confusing why people do bad in the first place.  To actively choose to do something wrong is the definition of evil. 

People love babies because babies look good.  People treat their wife nice because they want to get laid.  People donate to charity because it makes them feel good. 

Everybody does good things for selfish reasons.  Mother Theresa did good things for selfish reasons.  I say good for her, there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah I thought about that too. It's kinda true.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin