Author Topic: It's Here: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 1  (Read 1762 times)

Don Seer

Re: It's Here: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 1
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2006, 07:36:50 AM »
^ true... but who tried... and who aint?

it shows snoop's hearts been in the right place.. snoop wanting to put people out ain't anything new!

i'd say the eastsidaz were the most successful out of that.. but it was always seen as "snoop's group"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:38:30 AM by Overseer »

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2006, 07:41:47 AM »

....Snoop is on some real shit right now. He's spittin real shit about Dre and not bein disrespectful at the same time.He's the only one actually attempting to bring the westcoast back,the others are just yappin. Huge props Nima-Dubcnn for the interview y'all done did it again.
[/quote]

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2006, 07:42:19 AM »
Well, Snoop definetly deserves huge props for putting out all these artists, especially Eastsidaz who were great.

But all this talk about Westcoast this, Westcoast that is just promotion for his new album. I bet most of these Westcoast tracks will get cut, which doesnt really bother me beucase most of these artists are way past their prime but a lot of people on this forum gonna be dissapointed,

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2006, 09:46:06 AM »
good read

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2006, 12:17:01 PM »
Great interview, snoop seemed mad at times about certain issues which to me can only mean good things when it comes to music.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

westside159

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2006, 12:30:12 PM »
Big props to Dubcnn  :o

Snoopy is definetly the king of the West but if you ask me hes just trying to appeal to the westcoast audience. Here he is talking about all this westcoast rappers he has on the album. But like a month ago on Mtv.com he was talking about having R.Kelly, Neyo, Will I Am, Brandy.... He is one smart mofo.

Im not really to fond of hearing Mc Eiht, Daz and Kurupt on the album. Theyre way past their prime and are washed up. Game and Cube are a different story.

That lil "diss" at Dre was kinda suprising. Everybody knows Dre only fucks with young talents from the West like Game and Bishop and that Dre is always trying to work with new people (not trying to birng that old formula back). He knows that rappers like Daz, Kurupt and Mc Eiht are wack now. Im surprised Snoop doesnt know that.

Well it really dont matter what you think the truth is DAZ , Eiht , & Kurupt could rap better then you and 90% of these new rappers today and make a good album too so there you go .

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2006, 12:38:41 PM »
Big props to Dubcnn  :o

Snoopy is definetly the king of the West but if you ask me hes just trying to appeal to the westcoast audience. Here he is talking about all this westcoast rappers he has on the album. But like a month ago on Mtv.com he was talking about having R.Kelly, Neyo, Will I Am, Brandy.... He is one smart mofo.

Im not really to fond of hearing Mc Eiht, Daz and Kurupt on the album. Theyre way past their prime and are washed up. Game and Cube are a different story.

That lil "diss" at Dre was kinda suprising. Everybody knows Dre only fucks with young talents from the West like Game and Bishop and that Dre is always trying to work with new people (not trying to birng that old formula back). He knows that rappers like Daz, Kurupt and Mc Eiht are wack now. Im surprised Snoop doesnt know that.

Well it really dont matter what you think the truth is DAZ , Eiht , & Kurupt could rap better then you and 90% of these new rappers today and make a good album too so there you go .

i like how u sanwiched eiht between daz and kurupt , very clever

youngmessnucca

« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2006, 12:57:21 PM »
Snoop's just saying what everybody who isn't blind already knows.  The whole reason to even be a rapper is to make money, and out west, nobody makes money but Snoop and Dre.  Snoop's just saying he's trying to help some nobodys out who wouldn't be shit without him.  It's the truth, people ain't gonna like it but it's the truth bigger than shit.  He's the only one besides Dre out west that has maintained a career.  Nobody has a career to rival his that's still breathing (pac).  Snoop right now can go get on the latest mainstream pop record (pussycats), work with huge legendary musicians (Mariah Carey, etc.) and still put out ghetto ass albums with people on it that you've never even heard of before.  Even Dre isn't doing it like that.   Snoop's basically running shit, there's nobody out west even a third of his clout. 

Edit: Forgot cube

Props to DubCNN & Snoop

Very on point. Snoop is the only dude in Cali that can give you that stamp now. The Bay can't do it yet, Dre don't wanna do it, and hate to crush groupies dreams, but Game has no pull outside of Cali either. Yeah, Snoop sounded disrespectful speaking on The Eastsidaz, Kokane and all, but he's speaking truths instead of sugarcoating it. Them dudes ain't shit without him, he's completely right. Even if Snoop accomplishes HALF of the things he spoke on doing ( Koch West, The group with Damani, Warzone ), it will be more for the West than anyone's done in years.

And BTW, Snoop has NOT lost it as a rapper. He killed it on the new Pharrell, killed on Go To Church & and he ripped that Put Em on The Set song on CIA. I will be looking foward to BCC, and all of Snoop's future endeavors. I'm convinced that alot of people on here don't even want to see Cali shine. I'mago ahead and support this just to see Cali back on top, and I ain't even from there.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2006, 01:03:44 PM »
^^
Shit, there's the whole United States, the Atlantic Ocean and a good deal of Europe between me and Cali, and I still want the Westside back on top. I just got so much love for the music and the whole vibe they bring.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2006, 01:06:12 PM »

ugh this is why i hate that nigga. snoop acts like he's been puttin out west coast artist for years. what happened to Goldie Loc, Soopafly, E-White, etc etc etc?

He got them dudes feet in the door. You can't expect him to keep more grown men under his wing for how long? He put these dudes in the game, it's there fault if they haven't put out anything decent without Snoop.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »
its kinda fucked up how he said "the BAY cant stamp a rapper"  what about too $hort?  is he not worthy enough?  but its all good.   :(

No groupie, Too $hort with LIL JON'S stamp of approval can't even get airplay. What makes your simple-minded ass think Short HIMSELF could stamp someone? Snoop was just speaking the real shit.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2006, 04:01:39 PM »
its kinda fucked up how he said "the BAY cant stamp a rapper"  what about too $hort?  is he not worthy enough?  but its all good.   :(

No groupie, Too $hort with LIL JON'S stamp of approval can't even get airplay. What makes your simple-minded ass think Short HIMSELF could stamp someone? Snoop was just speaking the real shit.
yeah, who checking for too short anyway? dude is boo boo. ya dig?

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2006, 04:03:40 PM »
Does Snoop talk anymore about DETOX?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2006, 07:13:05 PM »
Yeah, there is some more Detox talk coming.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2006, 07:50:44 PM »
Good interview again but Snoop's hubris is uncanny.  Props...