Author Topic: It's Here: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 1  (Read 1763 times)

Westcoastfanatic

Re: It's Here: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 1
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2006, 02:03:38 PM »
good job.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2006, 02:04:50 PM »
Good read

Looking forward to the next parts

Great work and thanks

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2006, 02:15:24 PM »
nigga spoke the truth: niggas like Kokane aint shit without SNoop

but he never really talked about Dre and SNoop doing beats on BCT
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2006, 02:30:45 PM »
Does he talk more on Dre, DETOX, maybe a Dre collab on BCT?

props

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2006, 02:32:16 PM »
there is A L O T more Dr. Dre talk...

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2006, 02:38:15 PM »

nice, again props on the interview

DUBCC really commin through with the shit
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2006, 02:39:25 PM »
props to snoop for reaching out... this wasn't through no label or management, this was snoop and dubcnn sitting down and making this happen.

suckaa free

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2006, 02:43:16 PM »
its kinda fucked up how he said "the BAY cant stamp a rapper"  what about too $hort?  is he not worthy enough?  but its all good.   :(

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2006, 02:48:18 PM »
Daaamn Nima, that's some dope shit. Much props, doing it right like always.

Can't front on Snoop, the man's telling it like he feels it. Real cool to hear this talk about getting the West popping, about damn time. And it's pretty much true - nobody else but him and Dre got that power to really put anybody on. At least right now.

And even though I'm confident that whatever Detox turns out to be it'll be good, but I can understand Snoop's take on the matter. The character Dr. Dre that you listened to on the Chronic and on 2001 - that's a really successful character. Snoop's feeling like "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" And that would totally work too - the concept totally worked on The Chronic, it totally worked on 2001, and it would work again if it would be done right (which Dre obviously wants to do). But on the other hand I can also see Dre's side on this, wanting to advance his music and not fuck with the old shit any more. It takes a lot more work than just doing the same concept again, obviously, but you gotta respect the man for wanting to progress his sound.

Be that as it may, whatever would come out - "Detox" or "Break ups to make ups" - I'd want to have it.

Also gotta show love to the fact that Snoop's trying to get everybody involved and get everybody connected with each other. That's some cool shit. And the fact that his new record is all "West West y'all"? Just what I've been wanting from a Snoop record.

Shit, bring on part 2 already! 8)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »

Dope! I can't wait to read it all. Can you briefly tell us what he covers about Dre?

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2006, 03:10:30 PM »
props to snoop for reaching out... this wasn't through no label or management, this was snoop and dubcnn sitting down and making this happen.

You guys realize this is a WORLD exclusive you have here, right?! Seriously, I'm not seeing Snoop interviewed on MTV, XXL, The Source, none of those so-called major media outlets. As far as I can tell, DubCNN has the first interview from Snoop before he goes into promoting "The Blue Carpet Treatment" and those various other projects through his labels and management. That is CRAZY when you think about it!

...but yeah, you guys should definitely bill this as a world exclusive interview, and with one of the biggest names in the business. This is why whenever I'm applying for my freelance/writing gigs I always give it up to DubCNN first and foremost...people need to get familiar with this site. On that note, I have a few cool features in the making that I have in mind specifically for the Dub, and that I really need to get on my grind with. I'll hit staff up about this soon 8)

Props again to Nima and the whole staff!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 03:12:29 PM by DPG2K6 Remains Active! »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2006, 03:21:53 PM »
Good shit Nima, you done did it again. And props to Snoop for reaching out to us. Dubcnn or nothing baby.

And to the people that said he's taking shots at Dre, I wouldn't call that taking shots if you read the rest of the interview. He's showing nothing but love to Dre. He's just speaking his mind.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 03:26:19 PM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2006, 03:22:36 PM »
Good read Nima...

Snoop is getting at niggaz right now and I can respect that..I wasn't feelin alot of comments he made though and some I think may have overstepped some boundries and crossed some lines, like only him and Dre can "stamp" approval & "Niggas in the Bay can't stamp you" & "Then they realised that once they leave me, they ain't shit"...He basically tellin GROWN MEN that they have to follow his lead or else they are gonna be "blacc balled" or they not gonna be succesful at all without him having or Dre having something to do with it....It's plenty niggaz out West that follow their own paths and are succesful on a smaller scale...Everybody don't want the fame and spotlight, and alot of niggaz can't handle or deal with fame...anyway, I see he takin a couple low-key shots at Dre too, but still kinda want to show him a little respect...The "It's like if you dealing with God" comment about Dre, is the mindset of too many people..It helps, but you don't need Dre or Snoop to validate or be succesful on the West...

The new record sounds promising though....Pretty much it's all talk, until something officially happens..I hope all that shit he talking about in the article comes to light and really happens...all that shit sound good on paper, but I'll believe it when I c it...It's cool to see one dude try to take lead, but I don't think he realizes that everybody doesn't have to follow like some puppet.

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »
Propz to Nima and Dubcnn...they really came thru with this shit. Snoop said alot of real shit in this interview and he is definitely the one puttin in the most effort in tryin to unify the west and bring it back together as a whole. After this interview if you don't think Snoop is the undisputed King of the West like 'West Coast' said...you are only foolin yourself. Like Snoop said...besides himself and Dre...who else can stamp guys from the west...plus it's evident in which artists Dre prefers to work with now...hopefully Snoop's plan will come all the way thru and that's good news that he is gonna be the CEO of a distribution label on the west coast...that's a big key right there...for an OG rapper to be the head of a distribution label...can't wait for part 2.

Propz to Big Snoop.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

The Watcher

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2006, 04:27:23 PM »
Snoop will run Koch West into the ground
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden