Author Topic: Why do people have such a hard-on for Jay-Z?  (Read 1713 times)

Sikotic™

Why do people have such a hard-on for Jay-Z?
« on: July 27, 2006, 11:07:44 AM »
And I'm being real this time: camel shit and other remarks aside. Why is Jay held so highly among hip-hop fans? The guy is talented and all that, and I never understood why. Even when Jay first came out, and I was a young(er) buck, everyone was telling me Jay is the truth. I always thought he was alright. He's got one classic. Alot of the other stuff in his catalogue were trash except for his most recent stuff, IMO, but most people will tell you otherwise.

So please, educate me. Why is Jay considered so great in hip hop?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Why do people have such a hard-on for Jay-Z?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:13:36 AM »
Because he's New York...He just wants to be Biggie so bad, he's doing everything he believes Biggie would have done had Biggie not died...That includes stealing Biggies flow, lyrics, and even entire verses. Like you said, he's average...Not even close to the greatest.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 11:19:35 AM »
Nas > Jay-Z

Nas is king of NY

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 11:26:04 AM »
No idea, Jay-Z is the 2nd most overated rapper.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 11:29:25 AM »

who is 1st?

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:30:41 AM »
cause he's the closest living thing to biggie

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 11:32:14 AM »
50 is the king of NY, its clear

i dunno, jay-z would be considered the greatest if mainstream rap was your thing, hes very mainstream so the kids who listen to him and think its the truth

us educated ones know andre 3000 is the G.O.A.T

coola

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 11:43:41 AM »
jay-z has 3 certified classics imo... reasonable doubt, blueprint and black album... his next album is sure to hit too, he comes up with the hit records, and has style, flow and charisma on the mic...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 11:51:53 AM »

who is 1st?

I'll give you a hint, he's dead.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 11:54:20 AM »

'EclipZe

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 12:01:37 PM »
^ lol

only songs i like from him are hard knock life and can i live, i just dont like his style..

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 12:03:52 PM »

who is 1st?

I'll give you a hint, he's dead.

Hitler?

no Hitler was a good rapper, I'm tallking about Tupac

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 12:06:07 PM »
And I'm being real this time: camel shit and other remarks aside. Why is Jay held so highly among hip-hop fans? The guy is talented and all that, and I never understood why. Even when Jay first came out, and I was a young(er) buck, everyone was telling me Jay is the truth. I always thought he was alright. He's got one classic. Alot of the other stuff in his catalogue were trash except for his most recent stuff, IMO, but most people will tell you otherwise.

i can see your point....about not understanding and what not...so think about it this way...

the reason we love jay-z and all that...is the same reason you love cam'ron and dipset...to me cam'ron is an average rapper (actually to me cam is a great rapper who lost is touch right after sde)....either way...i feel that most of cam's catalogue & all of dipsets catalogue is trash...you guys always say cam is the truth and all that.

not to start a dipset hate thread...thats not at all what im trying to do so don't take it that way...i'm just sayin...its basically the same reason

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 12:08:03 PM »

i can see your point....about not understanding and what not...so think about it this way...

the reason we love jay-z and all that...is the same reason you love cam'ron and dipset...to me cam'ron is an average rapper (actually to me cam is a great rapper who lost is touch right after sde)....either way...i feel that most of cam's catalogue & all of dipsets catalogue is trash...you guys always say cam is the truth and all that.

not to start a dipset hate thread...thats not at all what im trying to do so don't take it that way...i'm just sayin...its basically the same reason

I don't think Sikotic really likes Dipset, dude...I'm pretty sure it's just a gimmick he's playin' with. (I know this will upset all you Dipset followers). :-X

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 12:09:35 PM »

I don't think Sikotic really likes Dipset, dude...I'm pretty sure it's just a gimmick he's playin' with. (I know this will upset all you Dipset followers). :-X

oh you really think?  ;)