Author Topic: Why do people have such a hard-on for Jay-Z?  (Read 1712 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Why do people have such a hard-on for Jay-Z?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 12:13:41 PM »
And I'm being real this time: camel shit and other remarks aside. Why is Jay held so highly among hip-hop fans? The guy is talented and all that, and I never understood why. Even when Jay first came out, and I was a young(er) buck, everyone was telling me Jay is the truth. I always thought he was alright. He's got one classic. Alot of the other stuff in his catalogue were trash except for his most recent stuff, IMO, but most people will tell you otherwise.

So please, educate me. Why is Jay considered so great in hip hop?

i can see your point....about not understanding and what not...so think about it this way...

the reason we love jay-z and all that...is the same reason you love cam'ron and dipset...to me cam'ron is an average rapper (actually to me cam is a great rapper who lost is touch right after sde)....either way...i feel that most of cam's catalogue & all of dipsets catalogue is trash...you guys always say cam is the truth and all that.

not to start a dipset hate thread...thats not at all what im trying to do so don't take it that way...i'm just sayin...its basically the same reason

I don't think Sikotic really likes Dipset, dude...I'm pretty sure it's just a gimmick he's playin' with. (I know this will upset all you Dipset followers). :-X

oh you really think?  ;)

Well, I actually knew this for quite some time, but I've noticed more and more people actually taking him seriously, so I wanted to point that out...

Jome

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 12:14:37 PM »
jay-z has 3 certified classics imo...

Yup, how many other rappers can say that ??

Like Snoop said, Jay is the king of N.Y., with Nas not far behind.
What Jay have done and achieved in hiphop, is unrivalled.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 12:19:41 PM »
And I'm being real this time: camel shit and other remarks aside. Why is Jay held so highly among hip-hop fans? The guy is talented and all that, and I never understood why. Even when Jay first came out, and I was a young(er) buck, everyone was telling me Jay is the truth. I always thought he was alright. He's got one classic. Alot of the other stuff in his catalogue were trash except for his most recent stuff, IMO, but most people will tell you otherwise.

So please, educate me. Why is Jay considered so great in hip hop?

i can see your point....about not understanding and what not...so think about it this way...

the reason we love jay-z and all that...is the same reason you love cam'ron and dipset...to me cam'ron is an average rapper (actually to me cam is a great rapper who lost is touch right after sde)....either way...i feel that most of cam's catalogue & all of dipsets catalogue is trash...you guys always say cam is the truth and all that.

not to start a dipset hate thread...thats not at all what im trying to do so don't take it that way...i'm just sayin...its basically the same reason

I don't think Sikotic really likes Dipset, dude...I'm pretty sure it's just a gimmick he's playin' with. (I know this will upset all you Dipset followers). :-X

oh you really think?  ;)

Well, I actually knew this for quite some time, but I've noticed more and more people actually taking him seriously, so I wanted to point that out...
ditto

Don Breezio

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 12:29:37 PM »
oh haha i didn't know if sik really liked em or not...either way...my explanation still applies

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 12:34:26 PM »
To me jay is great coz he is a well rounded rapper, he can make tracks for the charts but at the same time there usually not bullshit e.g. eminem and 50. He can do the serious tracks, tracks from the heart, he has got good punchlines and the dude can flow.

He may not be as deep as some other rappers but he is good in every aspect of the game where as a lot of mc' s may be good at one thing and not another.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Don Breezio

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 12:36:30 PM »
To me jay is great coz he is a well rounded rapper, he can make tracks for the charts but at the same time there usually not bullshit e.g. eminem and 50. He can do the serious tracks, tracks from the heart, he has got good punchlines and the dude can flow.

He may not be as deep as some other rappers but he is good in every aspect of the game where as a lot of mc' s may be good at one thing and not another.

jay still makes wack shit sometimes...eg: hard knock life, izzo, big pimpin, etc...

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 12:37:42 PM »
I've never thought Jay-Z was anything above the level of "good."  I liked the earlier shit he did in his career, Vol. 1 is OK, and Vol. 2 is a damn good CD.  After that he got WAY too cocky, and thought he was way better than he really is.  It seemed like pretty much everyone else but me bought it.  He just sounds like a dumb piece of shit now to me.  All he does is talk shit and say that he's from New York.  I agree with Jome saying what he did for hip-hop is unrivaled though, I respect his business with starting Roc-A-Fella and moving up to CEO of Def Jam (even though Def Jam has been taking it in the ass ever since he started.)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 12:48:53 PM »
To me, Jay-Z is the definition of an average rapper...

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 12:54:38 PM »
He is one of the 15-20 best rappers ever but he probably is a little overated.

Nas = Jay-Z

Cam'Ron > Nas, Jay-z, Jadakiss, Fabolous, Fat Joe, Ja Rule

Cam'Ron = King of NY

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 12:58:22 PM »

Cam'Ron = King of NY

LMAO

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 12:59:07 PM »

Cam'Ron = King of NY

LMAO

Seriousley Nik, I bet if you gave Killa a chance you would be impressed

Don Breezio

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 01:01:49 PM »
^^ aren't you the same muthafucka that said that vanilla ice and hammer were better than pac and big?

nobody takes you seriously

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 01:03:32 PM »
^^ aren't you the same muthafucka that said that vanilla ice and hammer were better than pac and big?

I never said that  ???  WTF are you talking about, when in the HELL did I ever say that, please clue me in

Sikotic™

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 01:03:53 PM »
I've never thought Jay-Z was anything above the level of "good."  I liked the earlier shit he did in his career, Vol. 1 is OK, and Vol. 2 is a damn good CD.  After that he got WAY too cocky, and thought he was way better than he really is.  It seemed like pretty much everyone else but me bought it.  He just sounds like a dumb piece of shit now to me.  All he does is talk shit and say that he's from New York.  I agree with Jome saying what he did for hip-hop is unrivaled though, I respect his business with starting Roc-A-Fella and moving up to CEO of Def Jam (even though Def Jam has been taking it in the ass ever since he started.)

That's how I felt. Everyone was talkin about Jay in the late 90's and how great he is, but I felt like I was the only one that didn't buy it wither.I actually respect him more as a businessman than a rapper, but for most people, it's the other way around.

Cam'Ron = King of NY

LMAO

Seriousley Nik, I bet if you gave Killa a chance you would be impressed

Yeah man, just give em a chance. You'll see the light like I eventually did.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 01:12:31 PM »

I never said that  ???  WTF are you talking about, when in the HELL did I ever say that, please clue me in

hmmm maybe that wasn't you...one of you dipset dickriders said that the other day...either way nobody takes you seriously

sorry for the misquote  ;D