Author Topic: HORNETS Sign Bobby Jackson & Re-Sign Rasual Butler/NETS Acquire Mikki Moore.  (Read 80 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Hornets Sign Jackson; Re-Sign Butler

By: Scott Hall, Hornets.com
Veteran Guard and Versatile Swingman to Bolster Hornets Bench
July 26, 2006

OKLAHOMA CITY - The New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets announced today that they have signed free agent guard Bobby Jackson and re-signed forward Rasual Bulter. Per team policy, terms of the contracts were not released.

“Signing Bobby and re-signing Rasual really solidifies our bench,” said General Manager Jeff Bower. “Bobby can come in at either guard position and push the tempo while adding long range shooting and defense while Rasual’s athleticism and shooting ability allows him to play either the shooting guard or small forward position.”

Jackson will begin his 10th NBA season as a member of the Hornets. The 6-1, 185-pound guard has compiled career averages of 10.2 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 556 games while shooting .423 from the field and .364 from three-point range. Last season, he averaged 11.4 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 71 games for Memphis.

“I’m expecting Bobby to give me that reliable veteran presence in the backcourt,” said Head Coach Byron Scott. “He’s known as one of the tougher players in the league and brings a reputation for knocking down big shots that I’m looking forward to adding to our mix.”

Jackson began his career in Denver in 1997-98 and then spent two seasons (1998-99 and 1999-00) in Minnesota before signing as a free agent with Sacramento prior to the 2000-01 campaign. He spent five seasons with the Kings (2000-01 through 2004-05), where he teamed with newly-acquired Hornets forward Peja Stojakovic and helped guide the Kings to the playoffs each year. Jackson averaged double figures in scoring each of his five seasons in Sacramento, including 15.2 points per game in 2001-02 when he finished second in the voting for the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year award.

Butler averaged career highs of 8.7 points and 2.9 rebounds in 79 games for the Hornets last season. The four-year veteran swingman started 19 games (averaging 11.2 points and 4.2 rebounds), including a career-high 32 point outburst in which he made seven-of-nine three-point field goals March 21 vs. the L.A. Clippers. He led the team in scoring four times and reached double figures in 29 games. Butler was originally acquired by the Hornets from Miami in a five-team, 13-player deal on August 2, 2005.

“Rasual was a big part of our turnaround last season and I think he’s barely scratched the surface of his talent ,” said Scott. “His skills really fit in well with our system and I think now he’ll have the chance to continue to develop and come into his own as a player.”

----------------------------------------

Nets Acquire Mikki Moore

East Rutherford, NJ (July 27, 2006) - The New Jersey Nets have acquired center Mikki Moore from the Seattle SuperSonics for a second round draft pick in 2009, Nets President Rod Thorn announced today.

“We are pleased to add Mikki to our roster,” said Thorn. “He is a veteran presence who will add depth to our frontcourt rotation.”

The 7-0 Moore has career marks of 4.5 points and 3.1 rebounds in 303 games. Last season, he appeared in 47 games for Seattle, averaging 3.3 points and 2.8 rebounds. The eight-year veteran has played for seven NBA teams (Detroit, Boston, Atlanta, New Jersey, Utah, Los Angeles Clippers and Seattle). The Nebraska product, who was undrafted out of college, appeared in four games for the Nets during the 2003-04 season, averaging less than a point per game.

Looks like the Hornets are really making a push for the playoffs...And I've always thought Mikki Moore was underrated and not used enough...I wouldn't mind having a player like him on the Lakers, Nets are really lucky they got him for practically nothing...PeACe

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Action Jackson can still ball big time!

"THE" MoSav

Action Jackson can still ball big time!

hell yeah he seemed to be the Grizzlies go to guy alot down the stretch last year

The Best of 3 Worlds

wcsoldier

The Hornets will likely make the playoffs next year.. with Denver out of it