Poll

Who is better?

Crooked I
39 (54.9%)
Snoop
32 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Crooked I vs Snoop  (Read 1128 times)

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Crooked I vs Snoop
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 05:14:07 PM »
lol @ this thread..

this wouldn't be a lyrical battle.. this would be a popularity contest.

remember Canibus vs. LL Cooll J.. Where is Canibus now? Where is LL Cool J now? Cannibus can easily murder LL Cool J in a battle, yet LL Cool J has enjoyed more success since the battle.

Not to mention that Snoop is right, if you go against him he going to end your career because 1. he's more hood than Crooked I, 2. He's more networked than Crooked I.. I'm sure Snoop can pull strings to get Crooked I's albums released this tuesday if he wanted to.

LMAO @ SNoop being more hood then any1

lol @ you reading my post.

i said 'he's more hood than Crooked I'

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »
lol @ this thread..

remember Canibus vs. LL Cooll J.. Where is Canibus now? Where is LL Cool J now? Cannibus can easily murder LL Cool J in a battle, yet LL Cool J has enjoyed more success since the battle.

Not to mention that Snoop is right, if you go against him he going to end your career because 1. he's more hood than Crooked I, 2. He's more networked than Crooked I.. I'm sure Snoop can pull strings to get Crooked I's albums released this tuesday if he wanted to.

Snoopy isnt more hood than anyone

he's more hood than Crooked I...

It's funny because the only people who doubt his 'hoodness' are fans. You never see anyone else talking about him.

Jayo Felony and Yukmouth have dissed him and they are both way better

and where are they?

Yukmouth has been active as hell the last few years , what u talkin about

on the underground circuit.. nobody talking about underground or online music..

when are they going to make some noise in the industry that we talkin' about? yuk too busy trying to beef with people to even get something serious out..

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 05:19:14 PM »
i voted for snoop because i have heard more metirial from him and the only thing ive heard from crooked i was tharow.com and boom boom clap. but really, snoop aint hood at all. lay off the crack buddy.

$Eg2$

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 05:19:29 PM »
lol @ this thread..

I said he isnt more hood then Crooked I or You (probably from Poland) or any1 else

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 05:29:52 PM »
lol @ this thread..

I said he isnt more hood then Crooked I or You (probably from Poland) or any1 else

Last I remembered, Snoop was with Rollin 20s and he was secured by IV.  Last time i spoke to some niggaz from those hoods, they were telling me Snoop was still down.. Now..Tell me about Crooked I?

And no.. Aint from Poland homie.. lol. I grew up in Pasadena, moved to Orange County, live about a block from Warren G, went to HS with Roscoe for a semester and just bought my second home in H-Town.. but thanks for assuming.

$Eg2$

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 05:34:48 PM »
lol @ this thread..

Last I remembered, Snoop was with Rollin 20s and he was secured by IV.  Last time i spoke to some niggaz from those hoods, they were telling me Snoop was still down.. Now..Tell me about Crooked I?

And no.. Aint from Poland homie.. lol. I grew up in Pasadena, moved to Orange County, live about a block from Warren G, went to HS with Roscoe for a semester and just bought my second home in H-Town.. but thanks for assuming.

LOL yeah that was a low blow but ask Tray Dee if Snoop is still down and didnt Snoop tell the cops Suge shot Pac That aint gangsta but as far as music goes I like em both

Chewee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 05:37:44 PM »
i voted for snoop because i have heard more metirial from him and the only thing ive heard from crooked i was tharow.com and boom boom clap. but really, snoop aint hood at all. lay off the crack buddy.

http://www.dynastyentgroup.com/forum/

theres more than that ... Bangers  8)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 06:05:47 PM »
Crooked I has more skills, but Snoop Dogg wins by default. He has 7 albums to his name. How many does Crooked I have?
I got mad love for Crook but thats real spit and in the end thats what you have to judge everything on.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 06:32:12 PM »
I'll say this matchup would be like Ricky Davis vs. Clyde Drexler, or Amare Stoudamire vs. Karl Malone, if they played today at their current ages.....

Meaning, Ricky and Amare would completely murder them in a one on one, because of age, and even comparing their highlights would make someone younger say "damn, Ricky and Amare are a lot better than they were even in their primes".....but because of the fact thta Clyde n Karl are Legends, and have done so much more in their careers than those two, it won't matter who won the one on one.

At the same time.....it would be very subjective to say who realy wins the battle, even more so than a Nas n Jay-Z. Crooked would easily have more dirt on Snoop that people outside the hood knows about, and he has a lot that he could bring up to clown Snoop. And lyrically, with punchlines and just straight flow and technique, he'd be far ahead.....but Snoop is a legend, who barely even has to say anything about Crook to defeat him in many people's eyes. There are people who don't really know much about Crook who would even say "who is this young cat tryin Snoop? I don't even know a single song he did, and Snoop has been making major hits since 92." But people who hate Snoop, and people who would root for the underdog would go for Crooked.

Personally....these are two of my favorite 5 west coast rappers of all time, and for completely different reasons. Snoop doesn't have to have the lyrical, technical, almost psychotic style that Crook has. He is Snoop, and his personality and presense alone can carry a track of album with ease. And when he flows on point, it's nobody in the game who can see his flow. He created my favorite album of all time, as well as numerous singles that have been big hits, and he's been doin it major since 92. Crook's "scouting report" or "career stats" are nowhere even close to Snoop's, and we all know that. But verse for verse, especially on a battle or freestyle tip, nobody in the industry amazes me more than Crooked when he is rapping at his best. He is the main person I used to tell everybody at my college in Florida about when they say "who the hell does the west coast have who can rap? They all suck!!" I would immediately mention Crook, and play them a few of his tracks.

So overall....I wish they could just smash the tension and hook up, and I wish Snoop didn't talk down on him like he did in the interview. But obviously, there's a lot more to this story than what meets the eye, and it's a WHOLE LOT easier for us "sittin in the stands" to say that they should smash it and work together, because it's a completely different story when you are involved in the situation.

(.....damn I type too much....oh well.)

The Great Elephant

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2006, 07:30:14 PM »
Crooked I has more skills, but Snoop Dogg wins by default. He has 7 albums to his name. How many does Crooked I have?
I got mad love for Crook but thats real spit and in the end thats what you have to judge everything on.

WestCoasta

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2006, 07:31:03 PM »
you guys gotta be the most pathetic losers arguing over who's more "hood"

look in the mirrors and laugh

oh and:

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2006, 07:44:58 PM »
lol @ this thread..

Let Me End This Shit Once and For All! Snoop Is A Fucken Legend Wether You Like It Or Not! You Talking Shit Bout Him Cause How He Changed His Style. But You Were Licking His Balls In 92, 93,94,95 and 96!! He Raised The Bar For Mc's and Set A Different Style that even The East Coast Had To Hate!! Yeah I Agree that He Changed and Even I Would Like To See The Old Snoop! But Unfortunately Its A Fucken Business!! He Is A Smart Dude! He Has More Money Than Crook, Yukmouth and Jayo Put Together! The Point Of This Is NOt That Im Saying That Artist Should Sell Out, BUt The Fucken Industry Will Fuck Your Ass If YOu Dont Roll With The Flow. Play The GAme, Dont Let It Play You. Snoop Paid His Dues and Gave Us His Best When He Came Out IN 92! He Was Young And Hungry. He Gave Us Classic Shit , That We Will Never Forget. From Chronic, Doggystyle, Doggfather, Top Dog. All That SHit Was Still G! So If He Has To Change, Fuck It Thats Him! I Dissrespect Fagets Like 50 Cent Who ONly GIve You One Hood Album, Then The Second Is A Motherfcuking Piece Of Shit! My Sister Bought The Second Album and She Is 9! This Fag Didnt Even Put Work! That Is What You Call A Fucken Sell Out! Even Legends Like Nas, and Gay-Z Have Gone Commercial At One Point> But They Still Can Rip The Mic!! Snoop Also Brought A Grip Of Rappers Into The Game! I Can Name At Least 10!! I Will NOt Say That He Was Always The Biggest Gangsta To ever Touch The Mic But He Is More Street Than Crooked I and That Is A Fucken Fact!! Goldie Loc and Especially Tray D are REal Fucken G's! No Real G Will Kick It With Snoop Just For The Fuck Of It. These Motherfcukers Were Rollin Together Since Tha Doggafther! Even Jayo Felony Was In The Mix! But When Fools Beef, They Start Talking All They Shit Bout Who Is and Isnt A G! Lets Look At Reality and Notice That Snoop Has Street Credibility And Knows A Grip Of Street Cats From Blacks To Ese's!! You Cant Do That If YOu Aint Hood! Snoop Has Daz, and Rbx as Cousins and Those Fools Are Hood! Now Speaking On Crook! Crook Is Fucken Viscious! He Raised The Bar Even Higher Now. He Is More Lyrical! You Got Fools Right Now That Can Just Rip You Into Pieces! Im Not Saying That Crook Is Not Hood But He Is Different! He Is No Crip Or Blood, He Is Just A Hood Nigga Like Many Of Us!! Crooked I Style Is More Lyrical Than Gangsta!! But I still Love Crooked Also!! We Can Say That Crook Will Probably Murder Snoop As Of Right Now! BUt Snoop Is The ONly Legend Of The Two!! Crooked I Has To Build His Own Legacy! That Is What Snoop Meant ABout Ending Crooks Career! But If You REally Look At The Situation, Snoop and Crook have Advantages In They Own Ways. Crook Can Take Snoop Out In A Battle, But Can Crook Give Us A Classic REcord! Still To Be Seen! Crook Is A Great Rapper/ Lyricist and Snoop Is A Great Writer and Has The Catchy Phrases That Can Put 50 Thousand People On They Feet . You Cant Teach SHit Like That! 2Pac Also Had That! Biggie! Snoop Can Also Rip The Mic When He Chooses Too! Those Are Qualities That Only SOme Rappers Have. So We Have To Give Props To Both Of Them For What They Have To Offer! Im Just Glad They Both From The West!!!!!! Crooked I Is The Future With The REst Of The New Cats. But Lay Of Snoop's Cock Cause He Is A Fucken Legend! Give Him The Respect He Has Earned!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2006, 07:55:01 PM »
I'll say this matchup would be like Ricky Davis vs. Clyde Drexler, or Amare Stoudamire vs. Karl Malone, if they played today at their current ages.....

Meaning, Ricky and Amare would completely murder them in a one on one, because of age, and even comparing their highlights would make someone younger say "damn, Ricky and Amare are a lot better than they were even in their primes".....but because of the fact thta Clyde n Karl are Legends, and have done so much more in their careers than those two, it won't matter who won the one on one.

At the same time.....it would be very subjective to say who realy wins the battle, even more so than a Nas n Jay-Z. Crooked would easily have more dirt on Snoop that people outside the hood knows about, and he has a lot that he could bring up to clown Snoop. And lyrically, with punchlines and just straight flow and technique, he'd be far ahead.....but Snoop is a legend, who barely even has to say anything about Crook to defeat him in many people's eyes. There are people who don't really know much about Crook who would even say "who is this young cat tryin Snoop? I don't even know a single song he did, and Snoop has been making major hits since 92." But people who hate Snoop, and people who would root for the underdog would go for Crooked.

Personally....these are two of my favorite 5 west coast rappers of all time, and for completely different reasons. Snoop doesn't have to have the lyrical, technical, almost psychotic style that Crook has. He is Snoop, and his personality and presense alone can carry a track of album with ease. And when he flows on point, it's nobody in the game who can see his flow. He created my favorite album of all time, as well as numerous singles that have been big hits, and he's been doin it major since 92. Crook's "scouting report" or "career stats" are nowhere even close to Snoop's, and we all know that. But verse for verse, especially on a battle or freestyle tip, nobody in the industry amazes me more than Crooked when he is rapping at his best. He is the main person I used to tell everybody at my college in Florida about when they say "who the hell does the west coast have who can rap? They all suck!!" I would immediately mention Crook, and play them a few of his tracks.

So overall....I wish they could just smash the tension and hook up, and I wish Snoop didn't talk down on him like he did in the interview. But obviously, there's a lot more to this story than what meets the eye, and it's a WHOLE LOT easier for us "sittin in the stands" to say that they should smash it and work together, because it's a completely different story when you are involved in the situation.

(.....damn I type too much....oh well.)

Well Said Dawg!!! I Also Said Something Similar To That!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Doughboy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2006, 08:26:39 PM »
Hold up, see you groupie ass dues make beef bigger then it is. Its not even beef, snoop said what he felt bout Crooked I, but said i forgive him for whatever and just wants to push this West Coast shit. Stop takin shit outta focus and starting Crooked I vs Snoop shit cause its not even like that

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2006, 08:30:40 PM »
Since Snoopy had some harsh words for Crooked and some of you grouipes actually think snoop is better, I am curios right now who do you think has more skills Crooked or Snoop?? Its Crooked EASILY

I have a problme with calling out "Gorupies" . If i like snoop it dont make me a groupie ive liked snoop since day one in 92. I dont like his work in the lasts five years or so since the last meal.

As far as lyrics goes yeah crooked probably has him beat nowadays but still Snoop is Snoop ya know he's a legend , Crooked i if im not mistaken hasent put out a record yet.