Author Topic: Crooked I, drop an album already! You have been in this business for 9 YEARS!  (Read 538 times)

BJV

Drop on an independant, Give up your pipe dream of becoming the next 2Pac 1996 straight away and start from the bottom. Create a real buzz with independant releases and get picked up by a major after a couple of albums. Crooked I you have been in this business for 9 years now and you still havent released an album.

Doesn't anyone else feel like this? This muthafucka is putting out a DVD about himself :bomb: As a Crooked I fan since the start I get pissed off when I see this, I'm not gonna buy a fucking DVD I want music and not shitty mixtape music either.  >:(

The longer you wait the harder it is gonna get.

Crooked I fans stand up

Intriago33

Drop on an independant, Give up your pipe dream of becoming the next 2Pac 1996 straight away and start from the bottom. Create a real buzz with independant releases and get picked up by a major after a couple of albums. Crooked I you have been in this business for 9 years now and you still havent released an album.

Doesn't anyone else feel like this? This muthafucka is putting out a DVD about himself :bomb: As a Crooked I fan since the start I get pissed off when I see this, I'm not gonna buy a fucking DVD I want music and not shitty mixtape music either.  >:(

The longer you wait the harder it is gonna get.

Crooked I fans stand up

Mixtape music shiity? What the fuck you got in your ears man? Young Boss 2 is sick.
Yeah, he does need to drop that album, and if it means independant, then let's do that.

& if you a fan of Crooked, pick up that DVD.

EFFeX

I'm a die hard Crooked I fan, but does anyone esle get the feelin' that dude is almost SHOOK to drop an album? Like he's too afraid of not hittin' the mainstream off after the long wait... it's like he has no self confidence or something.

I dunno... just my two cents. Still in my top 5 emcees though!

papa-smurf

u aint no fuckin fan,u a snoop dogg groupie trying 2 loki talk shit,if u was a fan yo bitch ass a have enough common sense 2 know its not crooked fault that he aint put out an album,its the labels fault,he did his job,now he on is own shit and he released more then enough unreleased songs 2 keep his fans with something 2 bump,he released mixtapes and young boss vol 2 is better then any album that came out this summer,anybody know u cant just rush shit,he doing it the smart way,releaseing mixtapes,dvd's ann all before he release his album,i rather fo rhim 2 do it this way then 2 rush an dout out an album,and the dvd is a smart ass way 2 create a bigger buzz,let the man do his job,stop bitching and speaking on some bullshit,U coudl tell u aint business minded,u a selfish ignorant bitch,

BJV

I'm a die hard Crooked I fan, but does anyone esle get the feelin' that dude is almost SHOOK to drop an album? Like he's too afraid of not hittin' the mainstream off after the long wait... it's like he has no self confidence or something.

Exactly I agree with that. Thats why I said he should just drop it independant. Nowadays big labels don't take alot of chances, they usually sign people who already have released independant albums and created a buzz for themselves locally. And about this mixtape thing maybe the word shitty was a little too much but I don't really like the whole mixtape thing to being with, seems like after 50 Cent got a buzz from his mixtapes everybody and their momma is putting out mixtapes left and right. Mixtapes arent made like regular albums it isn't the same thing, mixtapes lack the focus of a regular LP.

$Eg2$

It aint his fault Crooked just be gettin fuckked up deals he need to just do it Independent I'm gonna support Crooked I all the way im a real fan of his not like these bustaz in here Snoop diss him now every1 else talkin like fuck Crook Snoops a legend jumpin on the bandwagon I support em both but SNoop is wrong on this one Crook still being a g about it

Real Talk

WestCoasta

LOL @ it ain't his fault

2 words = Death Row

Trauma-san

I agree although he's not in my top 5 because I haven't heard enough from him.  He's obviously one of the most talented ever, though (or appears to be).  I think he's afraid to drop an album that someone can point at and call an official 'first album'.  Lets face it, a mixtape is an album.  Dude has dropped albums. 

It's also something to be concerned with, though, because if you're going to try and move tons of units, usually the first album sells the most.  It's hard to break that trend... if you drop an album that doesnt' sell, you may never sell.  So I can see why he's worried about it. 

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
None of us as fans can understand the politics that go on in the music industry. Crook has the talent to be succesful but it takes more than that to make it. Lets just hope that somethin pops off and the west can unite and lets all these cats get the shine and respect they desreve.

Word to Everything

Dipset would put him on...like they did Game  :D

"THE" MoSav

Dipset would put him on...like they did Game  :D

Yup Dipset breads Winners!

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sikotic™

Crooked's time passed. He had a huge buzz during and after his days on Death Row. I remember alot of cats were asking about Crooked at that time. Things done changed. He lost that buzz.

Doesn't mean he can't get it back. It was just the perfect time for him to drop.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
I disagree with the shit niggas is talkin cause Crooked really just got on his own he was fuckin with Death Row way to long he should of left after not getting his shit out after 2 years instead he waited and waited being loyal to that shit which does show he sticks shit out through tuff times and just doesnt run away, I think he could have got his shit put out if Death Row wasn't so fuckin black balled, but niggas need to give this cat a little more time he has done a lot since he got with treacherous a couple mixtapes got a DVD coming thats way more than the Death Row years.....

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Crooked I is fading from public intrest. Anyone who disagrees is in denial or don't remember the buzz he had 5 years ago. True, what happened with Death Row wasn't his fault. And he does do what a lot of other rappers from the West don't, and that's market yourself and not rush things. However how can you expect anything to happen for you if you do not release an album? Espically after 9 years. You aren't going to blow up in the mainstream without putting independent albums that the hood can jam to unless you have major connections (which Crooked I doesn't have). Putting out DVD's before you've ever dropped an album is kind of pointless. And let's face it, a mixtape ain't shit, because you can't call it your own. There is a difference between starting something from scratch and it being yours then using someone else's mixed shit to show your talent. Anyone can drop a mixtape these days.

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
Yeah anyone can drop a mixtape but will that shit be as hot as Crooks shit?  Hell naw it wont most of the mixtapes be garbage but his shit u can play every track, I agree on a lot of shit u said he does need to get his album out ASAP because time waits for no man, but at the same time when peeps was saying he should have been dropped a album he didn't have control over that Suge did, he just got to the point where he can reease his own shit, if u ask me he should get off treacherous and sign a one album deal with Koch just to finally drop a album so people can get off his back.......