Author Topic: sohh me what u got !!!  (Read 85 times)

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
sohh me what u got !!!
« on: January 11, 2002, 06:00:57 PM »

Code: [Select]
Except for Canibus and LL, ever since the death of Tupac and Biggie, it seemed like emcees were scared to call each other out on record if they had beef. Yes, there were subliminal and indirect disses from artists to others, but there hasn't been all out diss cuts like Common's "The B*tch In Yoo" or DJ Quik's "Dollarz & Sense". But in 2001, things have changed and rappers' beefs have come to the forefront via records and mixtapes. Although many disses were exchanged in 2K1, SOHH has chosen the best of the battles!!!

Jay-Z vs. Nas

Although there has been indirect and subliminal disses for several years now between the two, Jay-Z set it and called out Nas at the Hot 97 Summer Jam saying "Nas don't want it with Hov" in a freestyle diss to Mobb Deep. Nas responded with "Stillmatic", a freestyle where he calls Jay the "rappin' version of Sisqo". Jay returned with a heavy blow in "The Takeover", where he broke down the entire career of Nas in one verse. Nas responded with "Ether", a scorching reply and resurgence of his skills, which has been dormant, the past couple of years. Jay replied once again with a freestyle called "Super Ugly" which initiated an all day battle of the beats on Hot 97 in NY. The outcome? The streets voted Nas as the winner.

Winner: Nas... for now

Jadakiss vs. Beanie Sigel

The feud between these two rappers started over an interview in The Source where Jada says that he's sick of Philly rappers acting like they're from New York. Beanie took offense and came with a mixtape diss dubbed as "F*ck Jada." Kiss returned the favor on a mixtape joint dubbed "F*ck Beanie". So as the feud ensues, Russell Simmons tries to bring together the rappers to bring peace, but the meeting fails. With direct and indirect disses from both, the beef continues.

Winner: still to be decided

Masta Ace vs. Boogie Man

This battle began after Ace dropped "Ghetto Like" in 2000. Boogie thought that Ace was biting off of his record, "Ghetto Love" which dropped earlier that year. Boogieman dropped "Just You Wait" dissing Ace and Ace responded with "Acknowledge" saying Boogieman "can't spit so obviously you must swallow", winning the battle on wax. But Boogieman surprised an unprepared Ace at a Lyricist Lounge Show in NY, taking him out during a live battle in front of a crowd of 500 hip-hop heads. Ace is counting on a rematch.

Winner: On wax - Ace, On stage - Boogieman

A rumor has been circulating throughout the Net that Queensbridge vet, Cormega, has re-signed with Def Jam to release a double CD entitled The New Testament. However, SOHH's learned that this story is false. It was good while it lasted...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-