Author Topic: Nelly wins American Music Award  (Read 83 times)

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Nelly wins American Music Award
« on: January 11, 2002, 05:54:28 PM »
Code: [Select]
Nelly was named Favorite Rap/ Hip-Hop Artist at the 29th Annual American Music Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Nelly, who earlier in the night presented an award alongside Nelly Furtado, beat out Ja Rule and Shaggy for the honor. But if it wasn't for P. Diddy, that and a few notable presenters might have been the highlights of the night for hip-hop fans. The Bad Boy CEO not only hosted, but also started off the show with a performance. And you've got to give him credit for putting some guys on. Snoop Dogg joined Puff for a rendition of "Bad Boy for Life," but his next guest was something of a surprise: Mr. Cheeks, who got some prime national airtime for his debut solo single, "Lights, Camera, Action!" Lil' Bow Wow also appeared on stage for the final moments of the set, but it wasn't clear just what he was doing there since he really didn't do anything. After his performance, P. Diddy made a fashionably late entrance for the rest of the opening ceremonies. When he finally arrived, his co-host, former Playmate of the Year Jenny McCarthy, asked just what she should call him, to which Puff said, "Call me Diddy like you did last night." "That was you?" she responded. "I thought you were Snoop!" Later on in the show, P. Diddy brought legendary pimp Bishop Don Juan to the stage to accept the fictional award for most outrageous outfit of the night. "Here he is wearing the Sean John 'Kryptonite' collection," Puffy joked. Presenters Busta Rhymes, Method Man and Redman made sure to plug their current projects, Ja Rule and Ludacris each introduced awards won posthumously by Aaliyah, and Master P presented an award with his son, Lil' Romeo.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-