Author Topic: Whatever happened to these rap groups...  (Read 252 times)

whatthehell

Whatever happened to these rap groups...
« on: August 01, 2006, 10:25:44 AM »
We all know there's some tight rap groups from the past that have seemingly disappeared without leaving us any idea what happened. I'll name a few, and if anybody has CD hookups for these groups, or know why they dropped off the map, please let me know!

8) Young D Boyz (had a few tight ass songs, as far as I know their CD was called "Straight Game") "I was maxin and relaxin, chillin and dope dealin, stackin dead prez to the muthafuckin ceilin"

8) Young Murder Squad (Damn near the whole CD was good, I have a burned copy simply for the fact I cannot find them in stores. I remember seeing their CD all the time back in the day, it had some sort of drawing for a cover). "How We Livin!"

8) Marv Mitch & Lemay (I've got 5 or 6 songs from these guys, but have never seen a CD available anywhere) I think the CD was called "Livin in the Strange"

I want to support these artists if I can. My guess is one or more of their crew got locked up a long time ago and haven't been able to make anything new. And no, I don't want ebay links. I want to support the artists, not some random guy tryin to slang the CD for $200. But at the same time if y'all have spare copies and a fair price, I'll hit you up with my AIM and we can work out details.

If you know anymore such groups, I know there's more, throw em out here.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:31:37 AM by whatthehell »

Jakubs

Re: Whatever happened to these rap groups...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 11:24:48 PM »
I had never heard of any of these groups so I started looking around. All three albums you're looking can be found on Amazon or eBay. I know you want to support the artist directly, but considering they're underground it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to purchase out of print albums directly from them.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

whatthehell

Re: Whatever happened to these rap groups...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 11:47:51 PM »
Damn how did I miss that shit on amazon? Thanks bro. Anyone reading this, do yourself a favor and pick up those albums. You will NOT be disappointed.

Marv Mitch & Lemay are from Sac,
Young Murder Squad is from somewhere in Southern Cal I believe,
and I think the Young D Boyz is from the Yay

I'm a real hard head with how rap should sound, trust me, grab the shit!