Author Topic: so i dont get the hate for dipset.....  (Read 881 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

so i dont get the hate for dipset.....
« on: August 02, 2006, 05:49:50 PM »
Ok, first and foremost im not talkin about hate for their fans, as i cant stand G-Unit fans so i know where people are coming from on that tip. But why hate the grop itself?....Im gona give a cou0ple points on why i like the Dips and they really cant be rgued with.....

1) They all have lyrics. This is an undeniable fact, Cam be sayin some stupid shit sometimes but its just because its his style. You really thik he be sayin stuff like..."Me and toby homy, make you do the hoky poky" because he doesnt have anyhing else to say? Bullshit. He says it because he wants a unique style, unique lyrics, unique flow which he achiieves effortlessly, and dont forget cam has lyrically competed with Nas, Jay Z, Mase, Stan Spit amongst others) Jim Jones has never said he is the greatest lyricist in the world and obviously if he was to go up agianst a Nas or maybe even a tru life in back and forth lyrical diss tracks he would lose. but thts why Jimmy doesnt participate in that Bullshit, he calls you out ( See Nas, Mase, tru life, loon). Same with Santana (who is posibly my least favourite form the dips) he may be spitting nonsense someitmes but at least he has his own flow and style) The rest of the dips are beasts on the mic (4o cal, JR Writer, Hell Rell in perticular) i would put them above whoever in a battle.....

2)Unlike just about everybody in the music industry Cam constantly reps his team, block etc and actually lets them shine. He always puts lots of Dipset features on his album, he even lets 40 cal spit first on his album. The only other person that does this is 50 and even he hasnt constantly repped (see power of the dollar, no banks or Yayo on there and no "g g g g unit"" mentioned once. Look at Jay, he aint got the people he came into the game with on his albums, Nas aint let the bravehearts shine like that, Not one blackwallstreet appearence on Game's album, were there any flipmode on Busta's?, any DPGC on snoops last album?

3) Cam has been co signed by some of the best rappers ever. period.....Kain listed all the poeple Cam has worked with and the only person i can think of that is fuckin with his resume is Jadakiss. Nas said he a nice lyricist, he impressed Big L and Biggie, Mase co-signed him, He had Jay worried he was gon steal his shine. He must be doin something right.

So for those 3 reasons there (there are a lot more reasons why i like the dips but im just goin out, maybe others can add more?).....

Can any of the haters on here make a list of reasons why they dont like Dipset?...Or argue the validity of my points?

The Maestro

mauzip

Re: so i dont get the hate for dipset.....
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:51:36 PM »
i don't have a problem with dipset, but i guess their fans make people dislike them cause dipset fans are probably the most annoying type of fans i have ever seen

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 05:56:11 PM »
i don't have a problem with dipset, but i guess their fans make people dislike them cause dipset fans are probably the most annoying type of fans i have ever seen

You dont have a problem? look at youre sig  :o

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 05:57:07 PM »
And oh yeah RAKIM Checks for the Dips too....But im sure all these people on here that hate on the dipset have a better ear for lyrics and music then the GOD MC....... ::)

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 06:41:07 PM »
And oh yeah RAKIM Checks for the Dips too....But im sure all these people on here that hate on the dipset have a better ear for lyrics and music then the GOD MC....... ::)

He was in Juelz video too.

And anyone that's gonna hate a group because of their fans got so much respect for them is a fuckin retard, plain and simple. The whole group is so diverse, there's somebody within them that you'll feel if you give em a chance. Half of y'all even openly admit you don't listen to Dipset, yet you hate on them, so your credibility and opinion are worthless anyways.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 06:42:34 PM »

He was in Juelz video too.

And anyone that's gonna hate a group because of their fans got so much respect for them is a fuckin retard, plain and simple. The whole group is so diverse, there's somebody within them that you'll feel if you give em a chance. Half of y'all even openly admit you don't listen to Dipset, yet you hate on them, so your credibility and opinion are worthless anyways.

exactly. And Damon Dash made Killa the VP for a reason, too bad the Camel couldnt keep his ego under control....

The Best of 3 Worlds

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 07:35:34 PM »
consigliori that was some real shit, all you haters are probably fuckin crying to yourself about to go hurl in the toilet, you make me sick

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 08:02:38 PM »
I Lliked dipset, i heard a couplemof songs. Actualy i  heard the song more gangsta music and i thought these guys are hard. Then i bough the album heard soem more stuff here and there and i just dint realy like it.

teecee

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 10:41:38 PM »
I think i can speak for most when i say the DIpset fans are what turns most people off of the Dips.  Personally, i like a bit of their music, but i liked Camron a lot better in his SDE days than now..........Juelz is alright, JJ's SUmmer with miami was nice, but really they are wack overall.  Purple Haze had a couple joints, but the whole image of their crew, all the shit they talk, and the fact that they aren't that talented, and to add to this the obsessive fans they have?  It ALMOST makes them unlistenable, but i try not to let these loser Dipset fans deter from checking out their music. 

Just a question to Dipset fans:  If y'all are hated by others on every hiphop forum on the internet because of your posts etc, you realize you are actually making people not like the Dips, right?  I mean, it seems like all  you guys are their street team or something, but all you are really doing is making people not wanna check shit from them. 

NO disrespect, anyone passionate about their favourite artists is good in my eyes, but always forcing it on other is mad annoying, kinda like when a Jehovah Witness comes to your door...........i respect their beliefs but don't try to brainwash me.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 10:46:56 PM »
Great thread! I agree w/ all of my fellow diplomats in this thread, I like the Dips cause their lyrics, beats, swaggar and everything else that makes the the best and one of a kind.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 11:11:40 PM »
Great thread! I agree w/ all of my fellow diplomats in this thread, I like the Dips cause their lyrics, beats, swaggar and everything else that makes the the best and one of a kind.
Cosign

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 11:38:40 PM »
Like I said, if someone hates on Dipset because of their fans and not because they just ain't feeling their music is a slow Forrest Gump ass nigga.

Listen to JR Writer's album and tell me that shit is wack. Y'all will never respect Cam, Jimmy, or Juelz because it's just not acceptable to around here. Fine. Instead, check out that JR's crack, come back, and then tell me they're all wack. AYE!!!!!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 11:50:14 PM »
Like I said, if someone hates on Dipset because of their fans and not because they just ain't feeling their music is a slow Forrest Gump ass nigga.

Listen to JR Writer's album and tell me that shit is wack. Y'all will never respect Cam, Jimmy, or Juelz because it's just not acceptable to around here. Fine. Instead, check out that JR's crack, come back, and then tell me they're all wack. AYE!!!!!

J.R. Writer is the truth...he comes so hard on every track his cd is Pure Crack

The Best of 3 Worlds

Word to Everything

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 12:31:42 AM »
consigliori that was some real shit

:raisetheroof:

NO disrespect, anyone passionate about their favourite artists is good in my eyes, but always forcing it on other is mad annoying, kinda like when a Jehovah Witness comes to your door...........i respect their beliefs but don't try to brainwash me.

Yeah, yeah whatever keeping checking "Dipset" titled threads though...don't open your door.

<a href="http://www.bolt.com/audio/audio_player_mp3_branded.swf?contentId=1822490&amp;contentType=3&amp;autoplay=0&amp;hideLogo=0&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.bolt.com/audio/audio_player_mp3_branded.swf?contentId=1822490&amp;contentType=3&amp;autoplay=0&amp;hideLogo=0&quot;</a>

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 12:35:39 AM »

You dont have a problem? look at youre sig  :o

you don't have a sense of humor, do you?