Author Topic: Retarded computer question of the week...  (Read 132 times)

jeromechickenbone

Retarded computer question of the week...
« on: August 06, 2006, 02:53:23 PM »
How in the hell do I change the default music player on my comp?  I thought I deleted itunes from my comp, but everytime i DL a new song, it defaults it to an itunes format.  Then I have to drag it into WinMP and then play it there.  How do I make it to where it defaults to the correct file type???

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Retarded computer question of the week...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:58:54 PM »
I set the settings in whichever music player I'm wanting the mp3 to play in.....For example, I used to have WinAmp set as my default, so of course that's what all the mp3's would open up in. But then I decided I wanted Windows Media Player to be the default. So I went into Windows Media Player and went to options and it gives you a list of files that you want to associate with Windows Media Player. Make sure you check "mp3" and whatever else you want to open in that program, and you'll be set :)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 09:48:39 PM »
wondering why im in this topic in the first place.... ::)

The Best of 3 Worlds

Raphael

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 05:37:35 AM »
cuz you like to post unnecessary things...DIPSET BITCH! 8)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 06:38:46 AM »
You can also go into your music file, right click on one of the songs, hit properties and it should say 'Opens With' Then it should say the current player which in your case, it would be itunes. A button next to it will say 'Change'. Click on change and change the defult music player. Then your all set. ;)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 04:00:23 PM »
You can also go into your music file, right click on one of the songs, hit properties and it should say 'Opens With' Then it should say the current player which in your case, it would be itunes. A button next to it will say 'Change'. Click on change and change the defult music player. Then your all set. ;)

I set the settings in whichever music player I'm wanting the mp3 to play in.....For example, I used to have WinAmp set as my default, so of course that's what all the mp3's would open up in. But then I decided I wanted Windows Media Player to be the default. So I went into Windows Media Player and went to options and it gives you a list of files that you want to associate with Windows Media Player. Make sure you check "mp3" and whatever else you want to open in that program, and you'll be set :)

PROPS!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 12:54:31 AM »
cuz you like to post unnecessary things...DIPSET BITCH! 8)

8) Dipset Bitch!
And Fuck you Rapheal De La euro  ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds