Author Topic: Ribery wants to leave Marseille  (Read 103 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Ribery wants to leave Marseille
« on: August 04, 2006, 05:04:34 PM »
Ribery wants to leave Marseille

France winger Franck Ribery says he wants to leave Marseille.

Earlier this week the 23-year-old said he hoped to see out the remaining four years of his Marseille contract - but he has now targeted a move elsewhere.

Ribery, who has been linked with Lyon, Arsenal and Manchester United, said: "My wish is to leave Marseille. I want to play in the Champions League.

"The Marseille club officials know where I want to go and the club I wish to sign for also know it."

He added on French TV channel TF1: "My choice is made and I will not go back. Now both clubs have to reach an agreement."

In a statement on Marseille's website, club president Pape Diouf said: "We disapprove totally with the method used by Franck Ribery.

"The improved contract he signed in March ties him to Marseille. Each camp must assume its share of responsibility and he will not be able to sign for another club without our accord."

Ribery played a key role as France reached the World Cup final before losing to Italy on penalties but Lyon have been chasing him for several months.

Speaking after his side had begun the new French league season with a 3-1 win over Nantes on Friday, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas confirmed his side were still interested in signing Ribery.

Aulas told Canal Plus: "He has always been a priority for us and everyone here hopes he will come."
NO MORE WAR