Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 4  (Read 2829 times)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Re: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 4
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 10:03:10 AM »
Propz! Very interesting read, I found the part about Retaliation, Revenge, and Get Back the most interesting, the shit about the record company buying the 300,000 copies was crazy I wonder if thats true.  Also when did Daz diss Snoop on that album? I dont remember hearing any disses

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 10:11:23 AM »
best interview dubcnn done did in my opinion

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2006, 10:15:11 AM »
good stuff, about daz givin dre the beats and dre fixing them up to sound the way they did.. sounds about right. all the stuff daz has done after dre left is always missing something but he has the right  idea, i can see what snoop is sayin. dre was the head coach and daz the coordinator, great combo!  ;D

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »
Hwat song does he diss him on a that revenge and retaliation? As far as the Beats and Dre , making beats myself i knew before hand thats what he was gonna say, i always knew. Its oe thing to make a beat but to produce a song is wayyyy more work.

The Great Elephant

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2006, 10:37:53 AM »
props on the interview

hope there's more than 1 dre song on BCT though, he said he already had 2 a few months after R&G...

TuSlic

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2006, 10:38:45 AM »
damn snoop kinda shittin on his boys

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2006, 10:52:54 AM »
Wow, props to Dubcnn once again, this is the best part for me.

He basically explained why rappers in the top like Snoop, Em, 50, Jay, Nelly sometimes do wierd collabos, very commercial songs.... Its like he said they do 2,3 records more pop and they get hated on like crazy.

Dubcnn: It's crazy you say that though. A lot of people been saying that for a long time.

Nah, but when I say that, it's not disrespect, because them niggas will bring a track that sounds cool, but when he's finished with it, that muthafucka is immaculate. Like for example if you were to hear the Stevie Wonder song that Busta Rhymes brought to Dre before Dre touched it, you would think it's two different songs.

Dubcnn: But he still should get some production credit though.

But, at the same time, Dre didn't take that from Sha Money. And when he was doing that for niggas back in the days, they didn't deserve to have their name in the game like that, because he did all of the work! So what you found a sample and you got a cool little drum file, but he brought the shit to life, so he really produced the track! Producing is bringing the track to life! Beatmakers make beats. A lot of niggas make beats. He produces tracks. So that ain't disrespect what I'm saying. I'm just telling you what's real.

I seen him make tracks from scratch. My whole record the nigga made damn near everything from scratch. "Ain't No Fun", Daz and Warren G brought him the little *sings melody*, that's all they had! Dre took that muthafucka to the next level! Warren G brought in the Donny Hathaway, "Little Ghetto Boy, laying in the ghetto streets." Dre flipped it like "Hold on, gimme that!" Took that muthafucka and made it straight hit!

Dubcnn: So you're saying it's wrong that Daz or Warren G would claim that they didn't get the credit they deserved on The Chronic or Doggystyle?

I'ma say it like this: they didn't deserve the credit back then because they didn't do the work. They made beats, Dre produced that record. Point blank, and I'd say it in they face. They made beats, cuzz produced the record. If you a real nigga in the rap game, you'll understand what I'm saying. I can make a beat, but I can't produce! I can make a beat, but can I tell a nigga what to rap about, can I tell him when to come with the hook? Can you break the beat down? That's what producing is.

Dubcnn: Right, but if I brought in the beat, I would still want my name somewhere.

But, if you brought in the beat, that's all you did, was brought in the beat. You didn't produce this record. This song says "Produced by" not "brought in the beat by". Keep it real! So that's what niggas got wrong, and they started pointing fingers and try to bad mouth him, when in actuality Dre doesn't need ya'll, ya'll needed him! Because this shit ya'll learned from him, that made ya'll better producers. He didn't learn shit from ya'll! See that's what niggas don't understand! Before The Chronic, how many hit records did Dre have before that? Everything he made was a hit record right?

Dubcnn: Right.

How many hits did Warren G make, how many hits did Daz make? None. None. Okay now, look at the tracks that they produced on The Chronic. Did they have any records like that by theyselves? No. You answer the question for me!

Dubcnn: Maybe on Dogg Food?

Come on man! Dogg Food was produced by Soopafly, Daz and Dr. Dre!

Dubcnn: Dre mixed it right?

No, Dre produced a lot of that shit! I'm telling you, Daz and them brought Dre beats, and he produced the muthafuckas! "What Would You Do" was just a beat that Daz had did. That "bu-bump, bu-bump", the nigga Dre put all that shit on it, that *sings* What would you do, whaa *sings* just to give it that other shit! I'm telling you what I know man! Niggas gotta give Dre the ultimate respect. Niggas try to bash him and cut his knees down like he didn't do nothing nigga, he's the saviour man! Because what he did was, he showed niggas how to produce. Because niggas was good at making beats, but he showed you niggas how to produce! If ya'll had really did what ya'll say ya'll did, ya'll woulda put records out that sold 3-4 million on your own, like he did. I still have to see it!

All the records that they put out solo wise, GARBAGE. Warren G's last record, HOT TO DEATH. The records in between, I don't know. And these are my homeboys, I don't lie to you, I tell it like it is!

I think all Dre haters should STFU now.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2006, 10:54:49 AM »
Keep it coming!

mauzip

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2006, 10:57:41 AM »
Snoop gave Dr. Dre dickriders more reason to dickride him.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2006, 10:59:11 AM »
I didnt really have a problem w/ anything Snoop said in part4 but I disagreed with his comments relating Warren G's solos, it sounded like he loved Regulate and In The Mid Nite Hour but hated everything in between.  And I disagree cause I enjoyed I want It all and Return of the Regulators as much as any Warren solo album.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2006, 10:59:37 AM »
Nima WHERE THE FUCK YOU AT?!!!!

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 11:00:03 AM »

Wow you just said something that actually makes some sense, damn propz!

destine-2-shine

• 'G'
  • the realest niigga in here
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2006, 11:02:57 AM »

Them shiits was garbage. You HAD to be a fan to like anything more than 5 songs on both of them albums. They werent up to snuff compared to Regulate and the Midnite Hour. Both of them are classics to me. Hopefully for Warren hell get a chance to put somethin else out.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 11:04:48 AM by destine-2-shine »
fucc u and yo mothafuccin momma. and i still be the realest mothafucca in here.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2006, 11:04:14 AM »

He was just telling the obvious truth.

Daz and Warrens "production" on Dogg Food >> anything in their entire carrer

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2006, 11:04:28 AM »
Thats your opinion and I have mine, Return Of The Regulator is my favorite Warren album ever and I Want It All is even with Regulate imo.