Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 4  (Read 2796 times)

kingwell

Re: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 4
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2006, 06:22:29 PM »
Snoop just killed all those rumours about Dre stealing credit, looking forward for their collaboration.

Killed? more like just confirmed imo. Taking an idea that was someone else’s and making it better, or in this case making it a hit record still starts from taking it from someone else. I personally believe dre is not a very creative beat maker. I would point to his earlier stuff being very very sample heavy with songs being little more than just well chosen loops with some instrumentation played and conceived by other musicians. It’s also evident in his current beats which are very very similar and haven’t really deviated from the same heavy drum synth combination. Dre’s talents lie more in the technical realm of music recording and production. He knows what sounds good and what doesn’t but I as far as being CREATIVE I think Dre needs those energies from others.   

Real talk.

mauzip

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2006, 07:00:10 PM »
That's wassup. I like Montreal, it's like a mix between Europe and the States.

When I was there it reminded me a lot of Paris

fo real? and what u think of quebec?

Is Montreal in Quebec?

I only went one day to Montreal, that was also the only day I've ever gone to Canada...

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2006, 08:15:45 PM »
Dope interview.  He clears that shit up about Dre taking credit for beats.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2006, 08:43:35 PM »
Snoop just killed all those rumours about Dre stealing credit, looking forward for their collaboration.

Killed? more like just confirmed imo. Taking an idea that was someone else’s and making it better, or in this case making it a hit record still starts from taking it from someone else. I personally believe dre is not a very creative beat maker. I would point to his earlier stuff being very very sample heavy with songs being little more than just well chosen loops with some instrumentation played and conceived by other musicians. It’s also evident in his current beats which are very very similar and haven’t really deviated from the same heavy drum synth combination. Dre’s talents lie more in the technical realm of music recording and production. He knows what sounds good and what doesn’t but I as far as being CREATIVE I think Dre needs those energies from others.   

Well you say he is not a creative beat maker, like snoop said he PRODUCES. Making beats myself i know for a fact making beats and producing is 2 different things. Second you cant make a hit record all by yourself  you need to surround yourself with many people to get different ideas. Its like when the bulls were winning all those championships, Mj had a very good supporting cast.. same thing here. Records, movies tv shows and of em need different people working on the project and if Dre takes a piano line ad violins back up singers a guitar lick and paces it a certain way then he DID produce this track.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2006, 08:45:41 PM »
That's wassup. I like Montreal, it's like a mix between Europe and the States.

I hope you like it here dude.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2006, 08:47:08 PM »
good interview..but snoop talks too much shit about people..again

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2006, 08:47:56 PM »
good interview..but snoop talks too much shit about people..again

Yeah he thinks his shit dont stink

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2006, 02:11:38 AM »
Dope!!! Props on a gr8 interview guys!!!!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

IzUwitIt

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2006, 03:07:47 AM »
I always tell niggas, I coulda went on some Snoop Dogg shit and just said "Ay Dre, do my next record." and just lock down and be like "Fuck all yall I got the hottest shit on the West, and I'm the reason bla bla bla". But I'm not selfish. I coulda smashed everythang and did that. Cause he's at my disposal. But I'd rather fuck with other producers, other artists, and just give niggas an opportunity that I feel deserve it. Cause I fuck with Dre, it's not gonna be Terrace Martin, it's gonna be Battlecat, it's not gonna be Soopafly. All these niggas is gone! It's gonna be Dr. Dre produced by. Even if ya'll produced it! You feel what I'm saying?

Aint agreeing wit that at all. Why would Dre wanna control the whole shit? He coulda just done it like on Top Dogg and get 3 tracks from Dre, 3 from Quik, Battlecat or whoever. Thats the combo for a crazy record and Snoop knows that.

It will be disappointing to just get 1 track from Dre, but I guess 1 is better than none. We did get a new Snoop/Dre collabo not that long back on that Melloe track "There They Go" with a new Dre beat and new Snoop vocals but when you know itz for Snoops record its gotta be something big. If its controversial like snoop sayin then it probably wont be a single :/ and the west need 2 c snoop & dre shoot another video one day.

that was 1 big big interview - thx for hittin us with it
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 03:09:30 AM by IzUwitIt »

Bomb-A®

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2006, 03:22:08 AM »
Dubcnn: You said you worked with Dre, is that gonna be on the record?

Yeah yeah, we got a record, a vicious record. This record is very controversial. On some controversial shit, I don't even wanna give it away. It ain't on no getting at niggas, but just on some controversial shit.

does 'we' mean dre gonna rap too??? damn cant wait

peace

Bomb-A®

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2006, 03:42:21 AM »
oh almost forgot (how could i)....props to NIMA and the entire dubcc staff, this has been one of your best efforts, and don't think its isnt appreciated

thank you

peace

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2006, 03:56:35 AM »
this is absolutely the best part of the whole interview 8)

Hands down, this has been an incredible interview. Definitely the best from Snoop/DubCNN I have ever read. So many revelations, unedited opinions, and some real game from Tha Doggfather. I can't thank you guys enough for this one. A great read.

Anyone else find this part hilarious (actually funnier when you listen to the audio):

Dubcnn: You don't like the Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back?

He was dissing me!

Dubcnn: I know, but it was still a good record!

I don't give a fuck! I don't like records with niggas dissing me! What I look like man?

---

...He really doesn't give a fuck. Although saying all of Warren and Daz's solo's have been garbage isn't the best promo for his cousin's forthcoming major label album :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 04:04:50 AM by DPG2K6 Remains Active! »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Chad

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2006, 05:11:07 AM »
I was listening to the audio interview and following along to the typed interview, and no where on the audio does Snoop say Dre produces on TBCT...
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

d-nice

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2006, 05:17:11 AM »
this is absolutely the best part of the whole interview 8)

Hands down, this has been an incredible interview. Definitely the best from Snoop/DubCNN I have ever read. So many revelations, unedited opinions, and some real game from Tha Doggfather. I can't thank you guys enough for this one. A great read.

Anyone else find this part hilarious (actually funnier when you listen to the audio):

Dubcnn: You don't like the Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back?

He was dissing me!

Dubcnn: I know, but it was still a good record!

I don't give a fuck! I don't like records with niggas dissing me! What I look like man?

---

...He really doesn't give a fuck. Although saying all of Warren and Daz's solo's have been garbage isn't the best promo for his cousin's forthcoming major label album :D

Yeah that Regulate was a horrible album  ;) This part of the interview was funny and pointless at the same time.

maudizzle

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2006, 05:20:00 AM »
I was listening to the audio interview and following along to the typed interview, and no where on the audio does Snoop say Dre produces on TBCT...

Snoop called Nima after the first part dropped and they added that part to the interview.