Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 4  (Read 2790 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Re: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 4
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2006, 02:53:03 AM »
Great interview - a good insight into tha doggfather 8)

Ct

• 'G'
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2006, 04:18:35 AM »
Damn.....the part about Dre producing was VEEEERY interesting.

I wouldn't say that Warren and Daz's beats have been trash since they stopped working with Dre back in the day, but you can tell that there was a major difference in the music. I do think Snoop's words were a bit harsh, but he wasn't dissing them at all in my opinion. If I was Daz or Warren, I would take offense to those words...he kinda put them on blast.

in 95, when twinz dropped conversation, dr. dre wasn't around at that time, and warren made some HELLA TIGHT ASS BEATS. eastside lb is one of is best beats of all time

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2006, 05:05:44 AM »

yeahh great interview.. props

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Trauma-san

« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2006, 06:26:52 AM »
Warren G and Daz have both produced some great tracks over the years, but that was after they worked in the studio extensively with Dre on the Chronic and Doggystyle.  This isn't no fucking mystery, Warren G and Daz had never even BEEN in a studio, the guy that TOOK them into the Studio was Dr. Dre! They'd fucked around a little bit but not on any major level, more on a "let me buy 4 hours of time from you"... This is history, it's not really disputable.  you can't really say "Oh, Warren was a good producer, he produced on Doggystyle" because at that time, dude had never been in a recording studio except for a few sessions outside of working with Dre.  Dre showed him some shit, and Warren took it and ran with it, recorded "Regulate", etc.  Same with Daz.  Of Course Dre showed them how to produce, it's common knowledge. 

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2006, 09:05:09 AM »
Warren G and Daz have both produced some great tracks over the years, but that was after they worked in the studio extensively with Dre on the Chronic and Doggystyle.  This isn't no fucking mystery, Warren G and Daz had never even BEEN in a studio, the guy that TOOK them into the Studio was Dr. Dre! They'd fucked around a little bit but not on any major level, more on a "let me buy 4 hours of time from you"... This is history, it's not really disputable.  you can't really say "Oh, Warren was a good producer, he produced on Doggystyle" because at that time, dude had never been in a recording studio except for a few sessions outside of working with Dre.  Dre showed him some shit, and Warren took it and ran with it, recorded "Regulate", etc.  Same with Daz.  Of Course Dre showed them how to produce, it's common knowledge. 

lol @ saying this. It's also common knowledge that Warren G is the reason WHY Snoop & Nate appeared on "The Chronic" cause without his help Dre wouldn't have heard of em. Warren G was the guy that produced the shit for the 213 Mixtapes... And listen to "I Want It All" one of the best beats fo lizzife mayne. Sure, Dre did a lot of stuff for them dude's but u talking like Dre is the only reason why anybody else is allowed to produce or whatever...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 09:06:52 AM by Funkadelicc »
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2006, 11:46:35 AM »
Props Nima,

This dude is famous for saying "no disrespect, but"...how can you say no direspect in one sentence and the in the next say something that completly disregards "no disrespect" ???....All I know is that Daz's Retaliation, Revenge, & Get Bacc and RAW was str8 heat, so I don't know what the fucc Snoop is talking about Daz not being able to do anything worth while post Dr. Dre era....Basically, him running off at the mouth is all promotion for the new album, so he can have braging rights and more of a reason to brainwash niggaz into thinking that if they fucc with him, they are going to make millions of dollars and be in tons of movies and be really really famous  ::)...I would trust Snoop about as much as I would trust George Dubya...R&G was GARBAGE and no matter how this nigga tries to spin it to a positive, he sold out to the pop crowd and now he is trying to gain bacc the respect he once had in the hood with this "BCT" album and preaching "West Coast Unity" :grumpy:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 01:02:55 PM by Crip2Nite »

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2006, 12:42:14 PM »
is snoop crazy saying warren's and daz's shit is garbage since they stoped working with dre? and then says in the mid night hour is hot to death???

i want it all is way better than midnight hour, and raw/rr&gb is better than cali iz active so i dunno what hes talkin about

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

IzUwitIt

« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2006, 12:54:32 PM »
snoop said something like "time to go back to the hood shit and get yo fingers dirty."  he was telling the truth i guess.

damn lol WTF.
why the fuck has snoop got a manacure. & i swear in "My Peoples" he says "sittin in my thong"

:camp:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 12:56:27 PM by IzUwitIt »

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2006, 02:58:08 PM »
Warren G is one of the most thorough niggaz out west. Dr. Dre makes beats and has the technical aspect down, but Quik is the best nigga out the west overall with that music, he composes and produces. Dre is overrated, but the dude is nice. Every since he left Ruthless(where he made hella noise and HISTORY) he's never made good music without inspiration or ideas from others

Nobody does.  Even your hero DJ Quik has inspiration, dumbass.  Everyone is inspired by others or things they see, or whatever... and everyone uses ideas they heard somewhere and thinks on them and comes up with other things. 

Gotta agree with that. Also, there is a difference between composing, and playing every instrument, just like there's a difference between just making a beat and producing. One of the things that separate the elite producers from everyone else is that they do collaborate with other musicians. DJ Quik has worked with Robert Bacon, Raphael Saddiq, El Debarge, and G-One.

Also, when Dre left Death Row, why did Dre's sound leave with him?
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

suckaa free

« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2006, 03:05:14 PM »
snoop said something like "time to go back to the hood shit and get yo fingers dirty."  he was telling the truth i guess.

damn lol WTF.
why the fuck has snoop got a manacure. & i swear in "My Peoples" he says "sittin in my thong"

:camp:

shit, finally somebody said somethin about that shit.  everybody else= :-X

Trauma-san

« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2006, 04:03:59 PM »

lol @ saying this. It's also common knowledge that Warren G is the reason WHY Snoop & Nate appeared on "The Chronic" cause without his help Dre wouldn't have heard of em. Warren G was the guy that produced the shit for the 213 Mixtapes... And listen to "I Want It All" one of the best beats fo lizzife mayne. Sure, Dre did a lot of stuff for them dude's but u talking like Dre is the only reason why anybody else is allowed to produce or whatever...
Oh, i didn't know That!  Sike.

Listen to the mixtape.  It was shit.  It was their only one.  Warren was nobody.  The only reason he helped dre hear them was because he's HIS FUCKING BROTHER.  Dre was the only person alive who even knew who Warren was, you're acting like he was already accomplished.  He looped a fucking record and had Snoop rap over it.  Big whoop.  That's not a producer, you are a child and have no idea about making music. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 04:05:30 PM by Bow Down To The King Of Kings »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2006, 08:05:09 PM »
Don't argue with Trauma, you'll always lose. ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2006, 06:08:14 AM »
Lol

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2006, 06:31:46 AM »

Oh, i didn't know That!  Sike.

Listen to the mixtape.  It was shit.  It was their only one.  Warren was nobody.  The only reason he helped dre hear them was because he's HIS FUCKING BROTHER.  Dre was the only person alive who even knew who Warren was, you're acting like he was already accomplished.  He looped a fucking record and had Snoop rap over it.  Big whoop.  That's not a producer, you are a child and have no idea about making music. 

I don't think so...
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2006, 06:56:01 AM »
^^
Man, I got all the respect for Warren, huge fan of his music, but the fact is that he learned the trade from the best - the-the-the Doctor, Andre Young. Same goes for Daz - they were sorta interns for Dre when making Chronic & Doggystyle, then applied what they learned ever since.