Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 4  (Read 2787 times)

gchild

• 'G'
Re: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 4
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2006, 07:26:09 AM »
Does anybody have that 213 mixtape???

It is a fact that Warren G did learn at the beginning of his career from Dr Dre,  listen to "Dope Beat" off his "I Want It All", where he says "Dre teachin’ me to work a beat, now I’m bangin’"

Also the interview on http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/interview/85720.php he mentions
"He [Dre] helped me as far as showing me how to elevate my game as a producer. When I first got into producing, he showed me some things but outside of that I picked up most of the stuff on my own."

But its logical that Warren's beats were not polished, before Dre helped him out.  Warren needed a platform (which is Dre) to teach him the basics of using professional studio equpment and techniques, and giving him the opportunity to practise.  It is with anything in life, you need to learn either by self help or by a teacher to apply it.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2006, 08:17:03 AM »
Does anybody have that 213 mixtape???

Yeah, I would like to hear that too. Only heard 1 song from their demo days. Snoop says "I'm fresh out the county jail" at the end of that song. I wanna hear that track "Long Beach is a muthafucka" or any song from 213 before 1992. Please up it if ya got it.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

PLANT

« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2006, 08:22:22 AM »
wasnt there supposed to be a track on "The Hard Way" called Long Beach Is a Muthafucka?

gchild

• 'G'
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2006, 08:30:19 AM »
No he means, this one, (only 11 second clip from  westcoast2k) http://www.westcoast2k.net/media/213_LBC_iz_A_Mutha.rm

But didn't Dubcnn & Westcoast2k merged?  Maybe the admin of Dubcnn might have access to some of those rare tracks from its partner site Westcoast2k  as some of the links 213 are broken.
Plus the Rare audio section on Dubcnn is still being amended http://www.dubcnn.com/media/rareaudio/

and Westcoast2k got some rare track, some which links are broken  so maybe osoon, Dubcnn will start hosting on its site, as it says on the rare audio section....
"The merger with Westcoast2K sees the vast array of rare music which will now become available on dubcnn."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 08:32:49 AM by gchild »

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2006, 09:12:42 AM »
Yeah, westcoast2k is where I heard that 213 demo track. It's still there!!!  http://www.westcoast2k.net/media/213_Demo-Tape.rm
I wonder if this is the track that really impressed Dre.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 09:15:53 AM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

dexter

« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2006, 10:46:44 AM »
Wow, props to Dubcnn once again, this is the best part for me.

He basically explained why rappers in the top like Snoop, Em, 50, Jay, Nelly sometimes do wierd collabos, very commercial songs.... Its like he said they do 2,3 records more pop and they get hated on like crazy.

Dubcnn: It's crazy you say that though. A lot of people been saying that for a long time.

Nah, but when I say that, it's not disrespect, because them niggas will bring a track that sounds cool, but when he's finished with it, that muthafucka is immaculate. Like for example if you were to hear the Stevie Wonder song that Busta Rhymes brought to Dre before Dre touched it, you would think it's two different songs.
 8)

Dubcnn: But he still should get some production credit though.

But, at the same time, Dre didn't take that from Sha Money. And when he was doing that for niggas back in the days, they didn't deserve to have their name in the game like that, because he did all of the work! So what you found a sample and you got a cool little drum file, but he brought the shit to life, so he really produced the track! Producing is bringing the track to life! Beatmakers make beats. A lot of niggas make beats. He produces tracks. So that ain't disrespect what I'm saying. I'm just telling you what's real.

I seen him make tracks from scratch. My whole record the nigga made damn near everything from scratch. "Ain't No Fun", Daz and Warren G brought him the little *sings melody*, that's all they had! Dre took that muthafucka to the next level! Warren G brought in the Donny Hathaway, "Little Ghetto Boy, laying in the ghetto streets." Dre flipped it like "Hold on, gimme that!" Took that muthafucka and made it straight hit!

Dubcnn: So you're saying it's wrong that Daz or Warren G would claim that they didn't get the credit they deserved on The Chronic or Doggystyle?

I'ma say it like this: they didn't deserve the credit back then because they didn't do the work. They made beats, Dre produced that record. Point blank, and I'd say it in they face. They made beats, cuzz produced the record. If you a real nigga in the rap game, you'll understand what I'm saying. I can make a beat, but I can't produce! I can make a beat, but can I tell a nigga what to rap about, can I tell him when to come with the hook? Can you break the beat down? That's what producing is.

Dubcnn: Right, but if I brought in the beat, I would still want my name somewhere.

But, if you brought in the beat, that's all you did, was brought in the beat. You didn't produce this record. This song says "Produced by" not "brought in the beat by". Keep it real! So that's what niggas got wrong, and they started pointing fingers and try to bad mouth him, when in actuality Dre doesn't need ya'll, ya'll needed him! Because this shit ya'll learned from him, that made ya'll better producers. He didn't learn shit from ya'll! See that's what niggas don't understand! Before The Chronic, how many hit records did Dre have before that? Everything he made was a hit record right?

Dubcnn: Right.

How many hits did Warren G make, how many hits did Daz make? None. None. Okay now, look at the tracks that they produced on The Chronic. Did they have any records like that by theyselves? No. You answer the question for me!

Dubcnn: Maybe on Dogg Food?

Come on man! Dogg Food was produced by Soopafly, Daz and Dr. Dre!

Dubcnn: Dre mixed it right?

No, Dre produced a lot of that shit! I'm telling you, Daz and them brought Dre beats, and he produced the muthafuckas! "What Would You Do" was just a beat that Daz had did. That "bu-bump, bu-bump", the nigga Dre put all that shit on it, that *sings* What would you do, whaa *sings* just to give it that other shit! I'm telling you what I know man! Niggas gotta give Dre the ultimate respect. Niggas try to bash him and cut his knees down like he didn't do nothing nigga, he's the saviour man! Because what he did was, he showed niggas how to produce. Because niggas was good at making beats, but he showed you niggas how to produce! If ya'll had really did what ya'll say ya'll did, ya'll woulda put records out that sold 3-4 million on your own, like he did. I still have to see it!

All the records that they put out solo wise, GARBAGE. Warren G's last record, HOT TO DEATH. The records in between, I don't know. And these are my homeboys, I don't lie to you, I tell it like it is!

I think all Dre haters should STFU now.

dexter

« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2006, 10:52:02 AM »
Snoop just killed all those rumours about Dre stealing credit, looking forward for their collaboration.

Killed? more like just confirmed imo. Taking an idea that was someone else’s and making it better, or in this case making it a hit record still starts from taking it from someone else. I personally believe dre is not a very creative beat maker. I would point to his earlier stuff being very very sample heavy with songs being little more than just well chosen loops with some instrumentation played and conceived by other musicians. It’s also evident in his current beats which are very very similar and haven’t really deviated from the same heavy drum synth combination. Dre’s talents lie more in the technical realm of music recording and production. He knows what sounds good and what doesn’t but I as far as being CREATIVE I think Dre needs those energies from others.   
Do you know what a PRODUCER IS? NOT  a Beat Maker.  ::)

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »
too bad its finished it was good while it lasted  :(

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2006, 02:23:10 PM »
Its about to get crazy again!!! Not with Snoop... but another legend... dropping in a few minutes!!

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2006, 02:26:28 PM »
Its about to get crazy again!!! Not with Snoop... but another legend... dropping in a few minutes!!

Yeah I know who it is also :sshh:

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2006, 02:57:21 PM »
lets hope this time you dont chop it up into 4 parts

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2006, 10:28:41 AM »
Snoop gave Dr. Dre dickriders more reason to dickride him.

He was just telling the obvious truth.

Daz and Warrens "production" on Dogg Food >> anything in their entire carrer

that's what I keep saying

Dre mixed the shit out of that album , it's no coincedence that Daz best beats were when he was fukkin with Dre, same with Warren

Daz hasn't even come CLOSE to Dogg Food beats since he fell out with Dre
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Ct

• 'G'
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2006, 10:41:08 AM »

Dre mixed the shit out of that album , it's no coincedence that Daz best beats were when he was fukkin with Dre, same with Warren

you wrong homeboy. warren wasn't fucking with dre when twinz dropped

dogg krush

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2006, 12:29:23 PM »
damn!Niggaz r so stupid out here.
All Snoop is trying to do telling the whole story surrounding Dre.
Niggaz be saying this and that.
Snoop iz a real nigga that can tell niggaz the truth.Dre's the best and Snoop is so sure about that.
If u listen to him well u will understand what he's tryna said fools

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2006, 04:16:29 PM »

you wrong homeboy. warren wasn't fucking with dre when twinz dropped

but what has Warren done since the mid 90's that's hot?

nothing, besides a few bangers here and there
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....