Author Topic: Nas verse from "Its Mine"  (Read 710 times)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Re: Nas verse from "Its Mine"
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 10:46:37 PM »
NaS is up there on my favorite Emcee's list, but in my opinion, this verse is no where near as good as some of his shit.  It's pretty meaningless.

-b[X]

-b[X]
nah that post was meaningless, this verse was genius

Aiight dude, whatever you say, you got your own opinion, I got mine.  Whether conscious hip hop heads would agree with mine or yours is another story, however.

Check it, I'm tryin to think of the most lyrical verses from Nas, and it's ridiculously hard to pinpoint one.  But on the real though, lyrically speaking, how does that verse even COMPARE to the sheer lyrical brilliance of tracks like "Verbal Intercourse", "Halftime", NY State of mind", "One mic", "The world is yours", Etc.  And this is mostly abstract emcee shit, his storytellin abilities and creative themes, though are significant in those songs, aren't as prominent as they are in some of his other tracks, so you know this is just the tip of the iceberg.  Nas is on a much higher caliber than the verse you posted up, you really gotta listen to his other stuff before you give that relatively weak verse the crown, peace.

-b[X]

Umm first off when did I say it was his best verse?? Im just curios cause people keep saying I said that but I never did.  Second of all if it is one of my favorite verses that doesnt meen I think its the best, and sorry man Im just as big as a hip hop head as yourself and I am entitled to my opinion.  Grow up doggie

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 11:00:26 PM »
NaS is up there on my favorite Emcee's list, but in my opinion, this verse is no where near as good as some of his shit.  It's pretty meaningless.

-b[X]

-b[X]

Aiight dude, whatever you say, you got your own opinion, I got mine.  Whether conscious hip hop heads would agree with mine or yours is another story, however.

Check it, I'm tryin to think of the most lyrical verses from Nas, and it's ridiculously hard to pinpoint one.  But on the real though, lyrically speaking, how does that verse even COMPARE to the sheer lyrical brilliance of tracks like "Verbal Intercourse", "Halftime", NY State of mind", "One mic", "The world is yours", Etc.  And this is mostly abstract emcee shit, his storytellin abilities and creative themes, though are significant in those songs, aren't as prominent as they are in some of his other tracks, so you know this is just the tip of the iceberg.  Nas is on a much higher caliber than the verse you posted up, you really gotta listen to his other stuff before you give that relatively weak verse the crown, peace.

-b[X]

Umm first off when did I say it was his best verse?? Im just curios cause people keep saying I said that but I never did.  Second of all if it is one of my favorite verses that doesnt meen I think its the best, and sorry man Im just as big as a hip hop head as yourself and I am entitled to my opinion.  Grow up doggie

Dude, lol.  You're mad confused homie, I already mentioned that I respect your opinion and that it's cool.  But you see my response WAS based on you saying it was close to his best verse, check it:
its a good verse but far from his best verse

You cant say that cause its opinions, and imo this is real close to his best verse

And all i'm sayin is, from a technical point of view, that is far from his best verse, not even close.  If you feel that song/verse, that's cool, because I feel it too, just because I don't think its close to his best verse, doesn't mean I don't think it's a tight song.  Nas is just ill like that, his weakest shit is better than most.  peace

-b[X]
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

herpes

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 11:02:08 PM »
spice u dont want it with blade.... your tryin to fuck with someone who is on a intellectual level you cant comprehend

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 11:02:50 PM »

-b[X]

-b[X]

-b[X]

Dude, lol.  You're mad confused homie, I already mentioned that I respect your opinion and that it's cool.  But you see my response WAS based on you saying it was close to his best verse, check it:

You cant say that cause its opinions, and imo this is real close to his best verse

And all i'm sayin is, from a technical point of view, that is far from his best verse, not even close.  If you feel that song/verse, that's cool, because I feel it too, just because I don't think its close to his best verse, doesn't mean I don't think it's a tight song.  Nas is just ill like that, his weakest shit is better than most.  peace

-b[X]

Ok and I can feel that, I just love this track its one of my all time fav's and Nas's verse in the track is one of my favorite Nas verses ever whether that meens I think its his best I dont know, I just know I love this verse

herpes

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2006, 11:04:45 PM »

-b[X]

-b[X]

-b[X]

-b[X]

Ok and I can feel that, I just love this track its one of my all time fav's and Nas's verse in the track is one of my favorite Nas verses ever whether that meens I think its his best I dont know, I just know I love this verse

spice took another L... whats new

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2006, 11:04:58 PM »
spice u dont want it with blade.... your tryin to fuck with someone who is on a intellectual level you cant comprehend

Dude their are other people on the forums besides me lol, you can hop off my nuts already ok shit aint cute anymore, every argument we have I make you look like a moron so just hop off the nuts already for your own beneift

herpes

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2006, 11:07:48 PM »

Dude their are other people on the forums besides me lol, you can hop off my nuts already ok shit aint cute anymore, every argument we have I make you look like a moron so just hop off the nuts already for your own beneift

YAWN.... i put it in lingo u can understand.... u aint got that piff doggie.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »

Ok man whatever you say, this is the last time I ever acknowledge you around here cause you are obviousley never going to get off my nuts, C-Ya ;D

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2006, 12:21:59 AM »

LMAO At a Mets Fan callin anybody a loser when the METS have been the LOSERS AND IRRELEVANT IN NEW YORK FOR HOW LONG NOW?..................................1986........Yankees....Nuff Said!

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2006, 12:23:18 AM »
And this verse from Nas was very nice, people are entitled to there own opinion, although I THINK this was Nas's weakest point in his career.... :-\

The Best of 3 Worlds

herpes

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2006, 08:17:55 AM »

LMAO At a Mets Fan callin anybody a loser when the METS have been the LOSERS AND IRRELEVANT IN NEW YORK FOR HOW LONG NOW?..................................1986........Yankees....Nuff Said!

wtf do the mets gotta with anything, is spice your boyfriend.  And for the record it wasnt just 86 the new york was a mets town for majority of the 80's.  And what about 99 and 2000....buts lets stick to the topic at hand....  you lose again

Diabolical

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2006, 04:02:27 PM »
and 2nd... dont ever diss a dubcc legend like blade....

haha, what a load of shit, why does anyone deserve any extra respect or whatever it is you're on just because they signed up to a forum before someone else?

No offence to Blade intended.

Sufjan Stevens = Good.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2006, 04:23:45 PM »
Nice verse, far from his best... Tom, please pull Blade's dick out of your mouth...Just playin', but yea...LOL.

herpes

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2006, 06:13:57 PM »
Nice verse, far from his best... Tom, please pull Blade's dick out of your mouth...Just playin', but yea...LOL.
when u pull kobes out of yours  :D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 06:42:55 PM »
when u pull kobes out of yours  :D

You got me! :-[ :-*