Author Topic: Killer Mike-Monster Review  (Read 438 times)

Lunatic

Killer Mike-Monster Review
« on: August 06, 2006, 09:13:09 PM »
Some one requested this album review. Since I own it, I will review it.

1) Monster (Intro)--Dont rate Intro's or skits

2) Monster-- Not a very good opening track. Production is handled by Mr. DJ for dungeon rat productions. 2.5/5

3) Akson (Yeah!)--lead single off the album, although the countless push backs after it's video release, really didn't seem like "the lead single". Very good track. Killer Mike really comes through on this one with both his flow & lyrics. It's produced by Andre 3000 of Outkast, and he does a great job. 4/5

4) Rap Is Dead-- Very aggressive song. Has a rock and roll feel to it. Not for me. Produced by Scott Fargus and Grover Dill for Beat Bullets Inc. Killer Mike really show cases his aggresive style on this track, but agian, not to my liking. 2/5

5) Scared Straight--Great song. Anyone who has seen the A.D.I.D.A.S. video would recognize this song, due to the snippet at the end of the video. Killer Mike show cases his  talent and lyrical ability on here, by telling a story. He tells a story about how he was caught by the police, due to a snitch. One of the albums best. 4/5

6) All 4 U (Niecy's Song)-- This song contains elements from "Don't Every Stop (Lovin' Me, Needin' Me") written by George Clinton. It is produced by Cool & Dre. Its very slow. Killer Mike does bring great lyrics to the song, but I can't stand the beat. 2/5

7) A.D.I.D.A.S. Ft. Big Boi & Sleepy Brown--2nd video off the album, and really felt like the lead single due to the release of the video and the album. Production is handled by Mr. DJ. It's the 2nd track he provided on the album, and is much better then the 1st. Killer Mike & Big Boi share great & witty lyrics throughout the entire song. Killer Mike pokes fun at R.Kelly. He provides great lines like "I Don't need that, A.I.D.S., a D and an A missin' out my ADIDAS". Sleepy Brown provides a great hook. Solid track. 5/5

8) Creep Show Ft. Bizarre (Of D12)--At first glance, this seemed like a wierd combo, and that the song would be terrible. It is suprisingly good. Production is handled by Swiffman for Hood Noise, Inc. and he does a fantastic job. Killer Mike provides amazing verses & and he also does a great job on the hook. Bizarre comes through with a pretty good verse. 3.5/5

9) U Know I Love U Ft. J-Sweet--Production is handled by Andre 3000 on this one. And he doesn't come through like he did on Akshon. Althought Mike provides some good lyrics on it, he needed and deserved a better beat. 2.5/5

10) Home Of The Brave Ft. Slimm Calhoun--Production is handled by Cool & Dre. It's there second on the album, and it is much better then the 1st. Killer Mike & Slimm Calhoun both come with classic verses, and the flow is on point. No doubt a track that really sticks out on the album. 4.5/5

11) L.I.V.E.-- Production is handled by Swiffman once agian. And once agian he comes through with a beat that will have you into this track, the entire time. Mike really shines on this one. 4/5

12) Blow (Get Down) Ft. Rock D.-- Production is handled by Silo Slugworth & Nikkii "Blue Eyes" Schroeder for Beat Bullies Inc. Beat is not good. It's too bad because Mike really comes through on it. Average track at best. 3/5

13) Sex, Drugs, Rap & Roll-- Produced By Teeth Malloy. Killer Mike really shines on this beat. Would be a very good song, if the chorus wasn't so annoying. 3/5

14) Dragon Ft. Fass Black-- Start off the review of the song with a R.I.P. to Fass Black. It is a ok track at best. Production is handled by Mister C-Lo & Nikkii "Blue Eyes" Schroeder. Everything about this song is average at best. 2.5/5

15) Re-Akson (Remix) Ft. T.I., Bun B, Bone Crusher-- Produced by Lil' Jon. One of the greatest beats he's ever provided. Bone Crusher does a great job with the hook. T.I. comes through with a very good verse, and Killer Mike & Bun B also come through on this one. Best song on the album. 5/5

Many things bonus on the album. 16-29 are just wierd silent moments.

30) Untitled Track-- I have no idea what the name of this song is, or who produced. Really no need for it. Doesn't add to the album, nor does it take anything away. 2.5/5

All in all, a pretty good debut from Killer Mike. All it really needed to be a great album, was some better production. Mike really came through on some tracks, and the production just wasn't there. Maybe the budget was very small. Many beats handled by people, who I have never heard of. Cool & Dre, Lil' Jon, Andre 3000 were the only producers on it that I ever heard of. While some of the unknown producers showed talent, many of them didn't. Sony really didn't promote this album. It did flop, and Mike says it is also is because the label didn't send out enough copies. He claimed he visited some stores, were the album sold out, and the store never received more copies. Mike, get with a label that will promote your album, will give you a budget to work with better producers, and no doubt, we would have a classic albums on our hands.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 07:39:48 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com