Author Topic: Mack 10 Bang Or Ball Review  (Read 1227 times)

Lunatic

Mack 10 Bang Or Ball Review
« on: August 06, 2006, 10:47:16 PM »
This is the 5th effort from Mack 10. This time around he decided to try something different, by hooking up with Cash Money. The entire Cash Money crew which includes Baby, Mannie Fresgh, B.G., Lil' Wayne, Turk can be found on the album. But, Mack hasn't lost his Westside ways with production from Dr. Dre, and appearances by Ice Cube, WC, Xzibit, E-40 & Butch Cassidy.

1) Intro--Don't rate intros or skits.

2) Hate In Yo Eyes--Produced by the master mind Dr. Dre. Key boards by Scott Storch. For the lead single off the album, Dre uses a sample from the hit "Stayin' Alive" performed by The Bee Gees. And it works perfectly. There is a very nice hip-hop touch to it, and Mack 10 really shines on the track. His flow & lyrics are very much on point, and a classic hook. Great choice for a first single. 5/5

3) Let The Thugs In The Club Ft. Lil' Wayne & B.G.-- First song on the album that show cases Mack 10's westside style, and the Cash Money down south type of style. And it works. Mannie Fresh comes throught with a very good beat, and Mack 10 delivers with a good verse. Wayne & B.G. are not bad either. Hook is a little annoying, and doesn't make the track better. 3.5/5

4) So Serious Ft. Big Tymers--Mannie Fresh on the boards. Another pretty good song. Every one comes through nicely on this track. 3.5/5

5) Connected For Life Ft. Ice Cube, WC, Butch Cassidy--First track on the album that has Mack 10 with fellow west coast rappers. This track consists of Westside Connection, with a hook from Nate Dogg's cousin, Butch Cassidy. Mannie Fresh on the boards. At first, I was a little worried, about this combination, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Fresh delivers a wonderful beat, and Mack and his homies all spit fire. They Each have 2 verses. Mack 10's 1st & 2nd verse are great, along with Cube's 2nd verse, and WC's 2nd verse. Butch Cassidy absolutely blesses the hook. This song was good enough to be the third and final single off the album. 5/5

6) Dominoes (Skit)--Don't rate Intros or skits.

7) That Bitch Is Bad Feat. Big Tymers--Mannie Fresh once agian on the boards. Mannie Fresh & Mack 10 combine to create a nice hook on it. Mack 10 delivers a simple, but good verse on his first attepmt. Same story with his 2nd and last verse. Mannie Fresh delivers a average hook. 3.5/5

8) Do The Damn Thing--Fresh on the beat. This was the 2nd single off the album. Has a very good beat as well. Mack 10 delivers simple lyrics, but the flow is on point making them enjoyable. The hook can get annoying after a while. 4/5

9) King Pin Dream Ft. Mikkey & Big Tymers--Who else? Mannie Fresh on the beat. Mikkey owns the first verse, and he sets the bar high, with a very good verse. Song is pretty much all about drugs. Mikkey also does a pretty good job with the hook. Mack 10 flaunts his gang banging, drug selling life style on this one. Baby of the Big Tymers owns the 3rd verse, and it's an average one. He constantly pauses throughout the verse. 3/5

10) Work--We get a something a little different, as the beat isn't provided by Mannie Fresh on this one, but it is provided by "Ron" (?). He doesn't do a bad job, but who the hell is he? Mack delivers a pretty good verse his 2nd attempt. All around, average track. 3/5

11) No Dick (Skit)--Sets up the next track.

12) No Dick At All Ft. E-40 & Skoop Delena--Mannie Fresh on the beat. Mack hooks up with vet E-40, and rookie Skoop Delena. Funny track, talking about lesbians, and how they need "to put some dick in they life". All 3 verses are quite funny on here. Mack's verse is average. Skoop Delena really suprised me on here, he came real tough. Not a big fan of E-40's, but he also suprised me with a good verse. Pretty good hook as well. 4/5

13) Mathematics--Mannie Fresh on the production side. Another track about Mack's hustle. Similar concept with the King Pin Dream track. Hook is average. Mack's verses aren't very good on this one. 2.5/5

14) Let It Be Known Ft. Scarface & Xzibit--Produced by QDIII. Classic line up on this one. Defanitely a song that sticks out when you listen to this album. Scarface comes through with a CLASSIC verse on this one. Mack 10 has the 2nd verse, and he is out shined by  Face. Xzibit delivers a great hook on this one. Would be best song on the album, if Mack 10 came correct. Damn shame. 4/5

15) Announcement (Skit)--Dont rate skits or intro's

16) We Can Never Be Friends Ft. Big Tymers, Lac, Stone--Mannie Fresh returns on the production.  Baby of the Big Tymers, has the 1st verse on this track, and he delivers a very good verse. His best on the album. Lac (?) owns the 2nd verse, and comes through with the best verse on the track, and one of the best verses on the entire album. Stone has the 3rd verse, and it's pretty much garbage. Gotta wait till the fourth and final verse, until Mack 10 gets to spit. His verse is very good, only behind Lac's. 3.5/5

17) Dog About It Ft. B.G.--Mannie Fresh does the production. B.G.'s verse is full of ups & downs. He delivers some great lines, and next up he'll deliver a lazy one. He also delivers a weak hook. Mack 10's 1st verse, really up shows B.G.'s 1st, which is good considering it's his song. Both rappers go on 2 deliver shorter verses later on. Average at best. Beat doesn't help. 2.5/5

18) Murder Ft. Turk & The Big Tymers--Mannie resh on the the beat. First time Cash Money's Turk appears on the album. Turk has the 1st verse, and it str8 GARBAGE. The chorus is very simple and annoying. Mack's first line on the 2nd verse is pretty good, but the rest of the verse isn't. Worst song on the album. 1.5/5

All in all not Mack's best effort. I think the biggest problem with this album is lack of variety. Mannie Fresh produced 11 of 14 tracks on here. Although he doesn't do a bad job, often the songs sound similar. it's too bad QDIII & Ron couldn't provide more then 1 beat on the album, because they really did a good job with thier beats. Can't expect more then 1 track from Dr. Dre. This album did prove me wrong in the sense that I thought the combo of Mack 10 & Cash Money would be horrible. Better then expected. Although Collabo's like "Murder" & "Dog About It" didn't work, Collabo's like "Let The Thugs In The Club" & "King Pin Dream" did. Mack really experimented on this album.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Re: Mack 10 Bang Or Ball Review
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 12:56:46 PM »
Solid album, nice review, Hate In Yo Eyes was my fav cut

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 02:24:08 PM »
thanks, man. I was a little worried how people would respond to it, since this is my 1st review.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 02:31:57 PM »
thanks, man. I was a little worried how people would respond to it, since this is my 1st review.

You did a good job ;D

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 04:35:17 PM »
I've been listening to a lot of Mack 10 Lately and Decided to give this album another chance and it's not that bad.

I like cash Money but i didn't like them been all over a Mack 10 Album, But like i said, it wasn't that bad.

I would of given a couple songs lower rating's and a couple of them higher rating's.

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 06:41:09 PM »
thanks spicemuthafuckin1. and Inglewood Ave, that's cool, everyone gonna have their opinion on songs and albums.

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 01:05:44 AM »
this album is real cool

"So Serious" beat is nice  :pimp:

cd shows how good Mannie Fresh is

ABN

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 04:25:52 AM »
the Let It Be Known beat is so fucking ill.

MIC44

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 12:33:40 PM »
Very good album, MACK 10 tests a new style just time of one album. And the first time I listened this album, I'm surprised of the Cash Money's universe because that's the first time also that I listened to Cash Money. I liked that, the album was a good surprise for me. My favorite songs are Connected For Life and Hate In Your Eyes !

StevenMarkAss

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 07:25:33 AM »
Dope album.

very good production on this.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 09:20:56 PM »

You did a good job ;D

thinking the same thing! tight review but this album gets too much hate

Teddy Loc

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2021, 03:26:55 PM »
"Let The Thugs In The Club" and "We Can Never Be Friends" are great jams and Mack 10 did his rhymes good on Cash Money.
#NoDoubt