Author Topic: NEW- DPG records tells the truth on kurupt  (Read 1485 times)

Antonio

Re: NEW- DPG records tells the truth on kurupt
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2002, 01:47:27 AM »
on the flip side.. doing this might cause kurupt to have to stand up and say it is true/false himself.

Yeah, Def
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Seer

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2002, 01:52:51 AM »
dpg records are saying that they are going to put up a video of kurupt denying it.

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2002, 01:56:14 AM »
WORD!

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2002, 03:29:25 AM »
2 days ago, Dpgrecordz.com said that Kurupt was off Antra.  it said Kurupt was Indy, and said, and I quote "That's right, Kurupt is OFF ANTRA!!!".  Now, it says "KURUPT IS STILL ON ANTRA".  Which is it.  They have 2 different stories about who kurupt's signed to, tha row has 1.

ok, that stuff about Kurupt leavin antra was obviously not true. Kurupt will always be on antra. they own him lock stock and barrell. they own him man they got him under contract for life. i dont care what a website says, like BP said, the death row website dont give 2 shits about lawsuit, remember december 2000. with suge u never know. Kurupt aint going nowhere unless a WHOLE lot of money changes or changed hands. im telling you Antra has a contract and a lot of money into him, if he goes anywhere for real they will be paid off like 5 or 10 million, he's a part of antra BUT he dont own NOTHING of antra dude, he use to own half of antra. he sold that like two years ago for more money.
kurupt is mad cause they fired the CEO of antra and that dude use to let Kurupt do anything and now with that new DVD he was about to put out they cockblocked him on that, antra did not let him use what he wanted on it

but fact remains he aint releasing an album without Antra involved, maybe a deal on 2 labels but that would be stupid.

i mean honestly i dont care where he ends up as long as matterial comes out, but as for now, I aint believein this stuff.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Bosko-2G

• 'G'
  • My man Big Tigger. Holla at ya boy!
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2002, 03:47:06 AM »
Dogghouse Records (Snoops Label) just signed the act DAZ AND KURUPT. On the label they will be known as Tha Dogghouse Gangstaz. This is OFFICIAL.

Really... is that a fact? I could've swore that is was reported LAST YEAR that Snoop signed Daz and Kurupt as a group as "DPGC". Somebody else gotta remember this..

Anyway, I ain't believin a damn thing DPGRecordz.com says.
Dope like tonz 'o coke.

Trauma-san

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2002, 04:11:09 AM »
^^ word ^^

Quadruple OG

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2002, 04:14:35 AM »
O.K., I'll break it down a little lower.  Tharow.com is Suge Knight.  Suge has complete, total control over the site.  If ANYTHING is on the site, it is because Suge wants it there, and approved it.  Therefore, the Kurupt banner is from Suge Knight.  There's even more than 1, that's the one Suge liked the best from the webmaster.  I knew about Kurupt signing on the row way before the rumours even started, because they told me soon after they found out.  Actually, the whole story isn't even out yet, they'll be more in the next week or so, i'll bet.  I also knew weeks before Left Eye joined the row that she was on there, trust me, it's legit, it's straight out of Suge Knight's mouth, and that's not something he can lie about.  Why would he? LOL.  

3 possiblities.  Use logic.

1. It's legit.

2. The webmaster made it up, without Suge knowing about it.  and it's a lie. He then redesigned the entire website, to reflect Kurupt as a member, even though it was a lie.  why would he do that?  Just to be proven a liar down the road?

3. Suge lied about it, for some reason, and kurupt isn't signed to tha row.  Suge took the time to redesign the whole site, and paid for it.  Why?  Please.  It'll all come out as soon as Kurupt does an interview, do you honestly think Suge would lie about something so cut and dry?  

with this revelation from Daz's site, I'm kinda stuck on who to believe, but I'm gonna believe right now that he is a recording artist for Tha Row Records.  Trauma pretty much outlined the 3 different possibilities, and there are numerous legal issues if you falsely report someone signing to your label.  The putting up Snoop's songs is different, cuz Suge had a financial interest in that album, so legally he could do that.  The one thing, that Bosko pointed out, was that the Daz/Kurupt group thing was announced officially a long time ago, and they just put it on the site now.  Also, if you check out the update before that one, they fuck up some info bout Toi/Latoya Williams.  An official site would probably double, triple, and quadrouple check shit before posting it.  One thing to remember, this is DAZ's site, not Kurupt's.  And if what Trauma said earlier is somewhat true, about Kurupt supposedly not recording with Daz anymore, Daz could be doing this out of jealousy and anger.  Tha Row's webmasters put a lot of time into that site to update it just for Kurupt.  Look at Nina, the signing was made official on the site a few weeks ago, but it was only a couple days ago that MTV confirmed it.  Nobody then was denying that Nina had signed to Tha Row.  It may take some time for the truth to get out, but I hope it does come out.  I doubt Suge would want another lawsuit coming in his direction because of something as stupid as an artist signing with his label.  And Kurupt and Suge are cool.  Kurupt left on VERY good terms with Suge, he's been paid for every Death Row appearance after he left, and Suge has said nothing bad about him (I know some of you will say "what about that shit in the source where he said Kurupt was in a group with 2 girls".  I ask you this, do you know when Kurupt's musical career started?  Do you know what other musical careers he had before Dre and Suge signed him).  Kurupt had his own label, and I doubt Suge would give him an average deal to come back to the place he started.  Also, someone from toogangsta.net talked to Jevon Jones, aka Tha Realest, and he said Kurupt HAD SIGNED WITH THA ROW.

That's my 2 cents on this, but here is what one of Tha Row's webmasters had to say about this situation:

I'm posting to add to what the other webmaster has said. I haven't really touched on this subject, but I have just seen too much bullshit for one day to let it slide. I dont know what has to be done to prove to some of yall this news is real. I guess having a track record of NEVER posting false news and the fact that this is the official site to label means nothing to some of yall. First point I'd like to bring up is that all news comes from Suge himself. This is not news that we make up or news based on our own interpretations. This same thing happened when Above The Law signed. People heard about it and didnt believe. Second, we wouldnt do a new layout, new enter page, new wallpaper, new forum images, news, etc for a "stunt". Now, let's look at the other side of things. Where to begin...Well first the site that keeps being mentioned (that keeps causing this unnecessary controversay) is unprofessional. The way it looks and the way it is run just cries out that it is unprofessional to the greatest degree and why wouldnt it be? The people who work on it don't even get paid. Now if these so called webmasters don't even get paid, you can assume one of 2 things. They must not have as much contact with the owner of the label as they claim or the owner really doesn't give a fuck about them, the site, and the internet in general. This of course would mean that their news is going to be a little "off". Second, what kind of so called "professional" and "official" site tries to immaturely call out webmasters of other sites and net bang in their news??? I just saw their latest "update" and laughed. No real, professionally-done site would bother calling out other webmasters' names like that in their news. That shit is just juvenile. When it all comes down to it look at the facts, that website cant even get their own news right, one new update kurupts off antra the next update hes back on?? Believe who you want but look at the facts, its not rocket science.

Trauma-san

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2002, 04:24:31 AM »
^^ Exactly What Mack Posted ^^  Believe Me Yall, It's Legit.  I Wouldn't Lie To You.  

Big BpG

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2002, 04:28:42 AM »

Really... is that a fact? I could've swore that is was reported LAST YEAR that Snoop signed Daz and Kurupt as a group as "DPGC". Somebody else gotta remember this..

Anyway, I ain't believin a damn thing DPGRecordz.com says.

Well, I want to clear this up a little bit. Last Year it was reported that Snoop was going to sign Daz and Kurupt as a group called DPGC. Nothing was made official. Snoop admitted he was going to sign Daz and Kurupt, but it doesn't look like it's going to be under the name DPGC... so what?

Anyway back to Kurupt... I still dont believe and I won't until Young Gotti opens his mouth.

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Trauma-san

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2002, 04:38:01 AM »
Snoop Himself Said "we Just Signed Daz And Kurupt", and that was over a year ago.  Now, I'd say that's pretty official, or snoop was lying about it.  

I'm trying to make yall see, that EVERYTHING goes two ways.  Tharow isn't as evil as they seem, the crap they do in the open, snoop and others do behind closed doors.  

Big BpG

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:25 AM »
OK!

Snoop Lied... I don't know why it matters if he uses DPGC or Dogghouse Gangstas... he signed Daz and Kurupt as a group, that's dope... anyway... the more and more I read about this Kurupt situation... the more I feel Deathrow is just doing it again... but I do know we will get the truth in a few days... DPG Recordz also says that they can get us Video Proof... which would be what we all need... I wouldn't make a claim like that If I couldn't prove it, so I'm trusting Kronik.

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Trauma-san

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2002, 05:13:53 AM »
The Point Is... The News on Dpg Recordz About Kurupt on Doggystyle Is OLD News, It's A Year Old.  That Has nothing To Do with this New Row News.  

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2002, 05:19:58 AM »
"Everybody is calling it a D.P.G. album, but it's not a D.P.G. album," Kurupt insisted. "D.P.G. is really ... it's time to go on. Dogg Pound, we had a ball. We always gonna be Dogg Pound Gangstas, but when it comes to dropping these albums, D.P.G. is pretty much on halt. There's only D.P.G.C. (Dogg Pound Gangsta Clique) and the Gang.

"D.P.G.C. is me, Snoop, Daz and Nate Dogg. You could look forward to that album with all of us," Kurupt continued. "Then it's the Gang album, that's what the Dillinger and Gotti album is — the millennium Dogg Pound"

Quadruple OG

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2002, 05:29:26 AM »
how come Suge hasn't announced the signing of Ray J on his site?  It's not a secret he's rolling with Tha Row, but how come it hasn't been announced on tharow.com?

Answer: He is under a contract with Atlantic, and Suge can't make it official unless Ray J gets out of his contract to officially sign with Tha Row.  If Suge were to announce the signing of Ray J on tharow.com, Tha Row would be in some legal trouble with Atlantic.

What does this have to do with Kurupt?  If this was a stunt, and Kurupt was signed to a different label, Suge would be facing many different lawsuits.  The signing of Kurupt meant that he WASN'T tied up in various solo deals with ANY other company.  It's been confirmed by Trauma numerous times, by the webmasters of Tha Row many times, and Tha Realest (though he's probably my least favorite artist on Tha Row, but probably knows more bout the situation than we do) has confirmed it.  

my earlier post with one of Tha Row's webmaster's explains the situation, and why this isn't a stunt

Big BpG

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2002, 05:29:36 AM »

Well first the site that keeps being mentioned (that keeps causing this unnecessary controversay) is unprofessional. The way it looks and the way it is run just cries out that it is unprofessional to the greatest degree and why wouldnt it be? The people who work on it don't even get paid. Now if these so called webmasters don't even get paid, you can assume one of 2 things.

1. They Don't Need The Money
2. They Do It For The Love Of Music

This webmaster is making some stupid points here... if he is going to tell us that DPG Recordz news is false because of their layout, he needs to read his history books. Remember how that site used to look like? Yet, we all got our first copies of Soopafly's album from them, before it hit stores... so that earned them credibility... at that time, DPGC2K and Kronik had no affiliation with the site... yet now they do... They must have contacted someone over at DPG Recordz to see if they could work with their site... so we obviously we know they have connections...  This is a very ignorant reply by this webmaster... if Kronik and others don't get paid for the site I would aim my attention at them a lot more because they are doing this because they love DPG's music and running their website is enough for them... If you wanna say it's stupid of them, then you say that. Look at how much work they did at DPG Recordz and without getting paid... do you think you would work that hard and then post Bullshit?

This is exactly what people are saying about Tha Row... would they work this hard and then post Bullshit... all they added was a banner and his name to a list... 20 minutes maximum... and they get paid... DPG Recordz created a whole new site, have a forum up and are working on Fred Wreck's site now too... so please... it seems like someone is accusing them of false information because of how their site looks... yet they don't seem to putting as much work into their site as DPG Recordz.... and they don't get paid...

Trust us... because we get paid..... PLEASE!

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05