Author Topic: Question about military tactics: maybe Abdul-Shakur or IGeezy can answer...  (Read 224 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Not from a moral standpoint, but from a military, strategic, tactical perspective...There's one thing I really don't understand.... 

Let's say country A has an airforce, and country B has no airforce.  Couldn't country A just fly over and destroy all the enemy fighters of country B?

Like the case of Isreal vs. Hezbollah.  Hezbollah is having great success against Isreal.  From a military, tactical standpoint, can somebody explain to me in detail why Isreal's air force has been unable to use satellite pictures, spot Hezbollah fighters, and then just drop bombs over all their positions and be finished in 2 hours?

Or in the case of Vietnam, and other similar wars.  How come America's airforce in Vietnam couldn't just fly over and bomb all the enemy positions?

One last example, in some regions of Afganistan, the Taliban is still just roaming about freely through the towns, a few area's they control, how is it that America is unable to just fly it's air force over that territory and bomb all the enemy positions?

...This is not a moral discussion, I'm just asking these questions from a strategic, tactical, military standpoint.  I'd appreciate answers in the same format.  Peace.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Digital Pimpin'

Funnily enough I was thinking the exact same thing, especially with satellite imagery being so precise these days.

Maybe pilots have to fly at a dangerously low altitude to have a good chance of hitting these targets or something.

Someone should teach these muthafuckers to use Google Earth :D

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
tunnels

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
well tunnels( hezbollah fighters appear strike and dissapear), plus i seriously doubt that these satellites can survey the entire area at the same time.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
tunnels

America gave Isreal bunker busting bombs, the same ones they supposedly used in the mountains of Afganistan.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
well tunnels( hezbollah fighters appear strike and dissapear), plus i seriously doubt that these satellites can survey the entire area at the same time.

Strike and dissapear.. if you level a whole region there's nowhere to disappear to.. I'm sure they have bombs that can impact below ground. 

Your second point.. I would assume they had the technology to survey the whole Lebanon at the same time.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
tunnels

America gave Isreal bunker busting bombs, the same ones they supposedly used in the mountains of Afganistan.
they still have to know where they are, obviously hezbullah have been using camoflage and stealth tactics to avoid giving away their position, israel certainly has the capability but its lacks the intelligence and the determination the other side has.

what i really don't understand is they say these rocket lanchers hezbullah has are mobile, therefore as soon as they fire their rockets they are gonna get the fuck out where they've just fired from because they just gave their position away, so whats the point of israel bombing hours later and they usually target buildings but surely these thing would be carried on trucks or trailers?

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
tunnels

what i really don't understand is they say these rocket lanchers hezbullah has are mobile, therefore as soon as they fire their rockets they are gonna get the fuck out where they've just fired from because they just gave their position away, so whats the point of israel bombing hours later and they usually target buildings but surely these thing would be carried on trucks or trailers?

Good point

Don Seer

vietnam was a problem because from above nothing could be seen due to tree cover..

the "bombing from above" thing only works as a way to knock out larger concentrations of people/weaponry/logistics like roads/railroads/airfields etc..  just like in iraq.. the "shock and awe" made the country crippled.. but they still had to push manpower into position

the reason the US lost vietnam and is having trouble in these places is because eventually you do actually need people on the ground.

another problem is that some soldiers on the ground dress as civilians to avoid detection so easily.. from above thats even harder to tell..

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
1. Hezbollah fighters have the tendency to resemble civilians the moment they hide their gats away. Hence they become indistinguishable, especially from the air, unless they are in action.

2. The IAF strives to minimize harm of civilians. This is why Lebanon isn't a big sandbox yet. This is why the IAF strives to strike only at
conspicuous targets.

We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Digital Pimpin'

2. The IAF strives to minimize harm of civilians. This is why Lebanon isn't a big sandbox yet. This is why the IAF strives to strike only at
conspicuous targets.

Yeah, there's another thread saying how conscious Israeli pilots are of hitting civillians and will miss their target if need be.

I still don't understand how the larger Hezbollah rockets can be remain hidden from view for so long though.
Surely these can't be fired from civillian areas, or even transported to them without detection?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Yeah, there's another thread saying how conscious Israeli pilots are

Oooh... well if there's a thread then I guess this is certain   ::)
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Digital Pimpin'

Yeah, there's another thread saying how conscious Israeli pilots are

Oooh... well if there's a thread then I guess this is certain   ::)

Well, it's quoted from The Observer which is a credible source.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

It says that a few israeli fighter pilots have been deliberately ignoring their orders because they fear that their information is inaccurate or complete bullshit, so fear of massacring people they have ignored the order. However I Geezy how can you seriously expect to get away with this line that IDF strives to not kill civilians when they have deliberately attacked the red cross vehicles and destroyed civilian convoys, nothing of course these are helicopter gunships doing it
how have they strived to avoid civilians in these instances?
How have they strived to avoid civilian casualties when they announced they would bomb Gaza back to the stone age?