Author Topic: Did y'all know DJ Pooh produced "Laffy Taffy"?  (Read 2352 times)

BizzyR.I.P.

Re: Did y'all know DJ Pooh produced "Laffy Taffy"?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 11:55:01 PM »
Pooh Man = bay area rapper who was in the Dangerous Crew and later beefed with them

DJ Pooh = producer whos produced for Cube, LL Cool J, 2Pac, Dogg Pound(produced NY, NY) and co-wrote the movie Friday.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 11:56:55 PM »
I didn't believe it at first but I did some "googling" and he is credited as the producer on almost every site.

suckaa free

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 12:00:04 AM »
Pooh Man = bay area rapper who was in the Dangerous Crew and later beefed with them

DJ Pooh = producer whos produced for Cube, LL Cool J, 2Pac, Dogg Pound(produced NY, NY) and co-wrote the movie Friday.

thanks mang, this shit is fucken like rocket science.

WestCoasta

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 12:02:59 AM »

thanks mang, this shit is fucken like rocket science.
apparently

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 12:03:32 AM »
props for the list.  I've always loved Short's old CD's with my favorite being Get In Where You Fit In and I like Banks.  I love the old funky beats they had on those albums so I want to find other cd's by Dangerous Crew.

Can you recommend any albums from either the Crew as a whole or individual crew members albums?

yea, i know mang.  Banks is a beast when it comes to the beats, he is not a bad rapper either. and then $hort in the 90's was just fucken crazy.  "Get in Where you fit in" is also my favorite album.  you remember the song "Get in where you fit in?" its like #8 track on the cd, that is a diss to  Pooh.  The other 2 dude that are on the song, Bad Influnze, murderd that shit.

Albums that you should check out is:

Ant Banks- The Big Bad Ass, Sittin on Somethin Phat, Do or Die
Too $hort- Albums #1-10(you probably already know about that)
Goldy-       In the Land of Funk

Also, Father Dom and Bad Influenze both had albums.  Bad Influenze stopped rappin after one of the duo died, Rappin Ron.  RIP  8)

They also had a record called "Dont try this at Home."  It isnt as good as thier individual records but worth checkin out.

if anyone can add on to help homeboy out, be my mufuckin guest.   :)

Props man yea I love the track "Get In Where You Fit In".. in fact I love every track, beat, lyric on that whole CD.  I have pretty much every Short album and I think I have that Ant Banks album already but always wondered who else was in the Crew.  I'll definitely check those other albums out.  Thanks for the list.

Lately I wish Short would go back to the shit he did with the Crew.  I really don't like hearing him on a Lil Jon beat much and his music just doesn't seem as good as it was back in the day.  But I'm a fan so I'll still give it a listen.

suckaa free

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 12:06:24 AM »
props for the list.  I've always loved Short's old CD's with my favorite being Get In Where You Fit In and I like Banks.  I love the old funky beats they had on those albums so I want to find other cd's by Dangerous Crew.

Can you recommend any albums from either the Crew as a whole or individual crew members albums?

yea, i know mang.  Banks is a beast when it comes to the beats, he is not a bad rapper either. and then $hort in the 90's was just fucken crazy.  "Get in Where you fit in" is also my favorite album.  you remember the song "Get in where you fit in?" its like #8 track on the cd, that is a diss to  Pooh.  The other 2 dude that are on the song, Bad Influnze, murderd that shit.

Albums that you should check out is:

Ant Banks- The Big Bad Ass, Sittin on Somethin Phat, Do or Die
Too $hort- Albums #1-10(you probably already know about that)
Goldy-       In the Land of Funk

Also, Father Dom and Bad Influenze both had albums.  Bad Influenze stopped rappin after one of the duo died, Rappin Ron.  RIP  8)

They also had a record called "Dont try this at Home."  It isnt as good as thier individual records but worth checkin out.

if anyone can add on to help homeboy out, be my mufuckin guest.   :)

Props man yea I love the track "Get In Where You Fit In".. in fact I love every track, beat, lyric on that whole CD.  I have pretty much every Short album and I think I have that Ant Banks album already but always wondered who else was in the Crew.  I'll definitely check those other albums out.  Thanks for the list.

Lately I wish Short would go back to the shit he did with the Crew.  I really don't like hearing him on a Lil Jon beat much and his music just doesn't seem as good as it was back in the day.  But I'm a fan so I'll still give it a listen.

couldnt say it betta myself.

acgrundy

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 12:09:10 AM »
actually Ant Banks didn't produce a single song on the dangerous crew album, but he mixed pretty much every one.  bad n fluence dissed pooh on their album, cant remember what song tho.  dope album btw.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006, 12:10:32 AM »
I dislike Lil Jon but  ''Blow the Whistle''=Banger. Probably only Lil Jon produced track I enjoy
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:16:44 AM by BombFirst »

suckaa free

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 12:13:54 AM »
it felt like banks dissed pooh on every second song on the "Big Bad Ass."

Weestcoastt

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 12:23:42 AM »
Maybe this is the new direction the west coast is headed for. :P

Sikotic™

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 12:33:55 AM »
Well this revelation is the most depressing thing I've heard this year.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 12:48:08 AM »
How one goes from NY, NY, Whoop Whoop, and It Was A Good Day to the Laffy Taffy is mind blowing. A truely sad moment in westcoast rap.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 12:54:01 AM »
lol damn.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 01:00:39 AM »
Shit, Laffy Taffy? Say it ain't so Pooh. :-\

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 01:15:23 AM »
fuck dj pooh...if this is true
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"